Author Topic: Regarding Goober5000 & Moderation in Political Discussion  (Read 55211 times)

Re: Regarding Goober5000 & Moderation in Political Discussion
The warmest member of which has left. The most actually active of which aren't replying.

Like, Sandwich, you hardly ever post on these forums and branded basically everyone who still does as "second-class citizens". With all due respect: **** you and send someone else.

Offline JSRNerdo

• [`_`]/
  • Gone!
Let me reiterate: You are unaware of what has been going on. Once things have settled down, I would like to see everyone informed of what has happened, hopefully by someone who has been fairly neutral and levelheaded throughout all this (Fineus comes to mind).

At this rate when things have settled down (assuming they even will) there won't be anyone left to inform of what has happened.
Former Inferno lead, BTA fredder-ish and DE fredder. Driven out by ordinary fascists the_e, aesaar and general battuta. Will return if they're ever removed.

Let me reiterate: You are unaware of what has been going on.

yes, we are very much aware that we're unaware.

Please address this problem.

Do that, staff guys.

The warmest member of which has left. The most actually active of which aren't replying.

Like, Sandwich, you hardly ever post on these forums and branded basically everyone who still does as "second-class citizens". With all due respect: **** you and send someone else.

My kingdom for anyone on staff except Sandwich to communicate about this ****show. I hate how he’s single handedly made himself the goddamn spokesperson here.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper

Funny how when someone says "with all due respect", what they follow it with has none.

Nobody is preventing anyone else from posting here; I honestly don't know why none of the other admins or global mods have given any updates.

And I'm well aware that I've been mostly absent for years. "Real life" (as if what goes on on the Internet isn't real, but whatever) tends to be vastly more important to focus on as you get older and have more responsibilities. I'm hardly the first person to have done so (remember Shrike, Setekh, etc?), and I'm sure I won't be the last.
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
My kingdom for anyone on staff except Sandwich to communicate about this ****show. I hate how he’s single handedly made himself the goddamn spokesperson here.

Funny how I'm the only one bothering to update you guys, and you attack me for it. Again, I hope someone else will join in.
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

And I'm well aware that I've been mostly absent for years. "Real life" (as if what goes on on the Internet isn't real, but whatever) tends to be vastly more important to focus on as you get older and have more responsibilities. I'm hardly the first person to have done so (remember Shrike, Setekh, etc?), and I'm sure I won't be the last.

Yes I am very much aware of your real life responsibilities, I am just questioning why you have decided to only take a break from those when you could call the forum "second class citizens". Or why you have returned seemingly only to fend for a person who the entire community at this point thinks has ****ed up.

Funny how when someone says "with all due respect", what they follow it with has none.

Well done, Sandwich, you figured out the subtext. That is exactly the amount of respect you are due.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Well done, Sandwich, you figured out the subtext. That is exactly the amount of respect you are due.

Well he's indeed the only one communicating so stop that bull****

I'm being rude, I know. I'm sorry.

Sandwich isn't actually communicating, he's communicating a lack of communication.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Yes I am very much aware of your real life responsibilities, I am just questioning why you have decided to only take a break from those when you could call the forum "second class citizens". Or why you have returned seemingly only to fend for a person who the entire community at this point thinks has ****ed up.

Citizens get to vote who is their leader. In that sense, and only in that sense, the community members here are what is often called "second-class citizens" - part of the community in every possible sense, with the exception of an ability to vote in leaders.

I apologize for using that term - it's understandable that you found it offensive. That was not my intention. I was attempting to communicate a point about the ability to elect leaders by popular vote - nothing more than that. Would you forgive me for that, if nothing else?

I'm being rude, I know. I'm sorry.

Sandwich isn't actually communicating, he's communicating a lack of communication.

Well he was working on the site, that's something that requires technical skill and not being the perfect communicator. Still he happens the only one who remotely responds.

Citizens get to vote who is their leader. In that sense, and only in that sense, the community members here are what is often called "second-class citizens" - part of the community in every possible sense, with the exception of an ability to vote in leaders.

I apologize for using that term - it's understandable that you found it offensive. That was not my intention. I was attempting to communicate a point about the ability to elect leaders by popular vote - nothing more than that. Would you forgive me for that, if nothing else?

Do you also realize that part of the reason why it's considered offensive is because it appears true in more ways then you just mentioned?

But that's what you often end up with. You have people running it and people going there. Always has been that way.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Do you also realize that part of the reason why it's considered offensive is because it appears true in more ways then you just mentioned?

I'm not sure I understand what you mean; could you elaborate?

I'm not sure I understand what you mean; could you elaborate?

We're absolutely being treated as second class citizens by you and, perhaps most importantly, Goober, who is free to belittle and insult everyone for any reason he likes and abuses his moderation powers as soon as pushback happens. And when push comes to shove, he can't even apologize. Instead we get a lecture by you about how the power system works on a website you haven't actually participated in in a decade.

Well he's indeed the only one communicating so stop that bull****

Yes, he makes a fair point in that regard that this is more a sign of dysfunction on the rest of staff than from him. At the same time he has lost all respect with that “I’m a benevolent dictator of HLP and all the modders and players are second class citizens” ****.

Quite frankly I'm surprised Goober isn't just willing to owe up at this point. Or smack us down for dissenting.

Just anything at all.

The line that “this is all being sorted out internally by staff, be patient” is now a bad joke given that we can hear the gunfire and explosions from the staff board and Axem just got wheeled out on a gurney.

Quite frankly I'm surprised Goober isn't just willing to owe up at this point. Or smack us down for dissenting.

Just anything at all.

1) Well Goober has been Admin for 17 or 18 years, and it has been a major hobby for him so it's nothing you probably just would give up; especially not over a rather limited problem.
2) He intends to continue being Admin here so he wouldn't do something that would be more abuse (leave alone that such things could be reverted by other Admins).