Author Topic: Props to Passionate Community + Shameless Stream Plugging  (Read 98359 times)

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Re: Props to Passionate Community + Shameless Stream Plugging
...seeing as the streams start 11pm Western Australia time...
Yeah, this hurts the most. I'll hang around 11pm-12am this weekend so we at least have some WA representation in Darius's absence.

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
You decided to start with the Blue Planet series. That is very good. It's the ultimate mod, I tell you. I played it like dozens of times already over the years. I even have my own versions of it, all the Acts, modified to be more chaotic --- We'll for my own enjoyment anyway, I won't release them.

To be honest, when I first played BP in 2012, I thought it was an official sequel of FS2 made by Volition. Then later, I learned it was a fan-made mod. Wow! Such quality! Blue Planet gave me the very inspiration to create the original "The Aftermath" in 2012 and four years later, 2016,  "The Aftermath Reboot." Now, you know why most of my ships are BP ships.

Now, the entire BPC is longer than AFR and they are really daunting. Truly, a next level type of Freespace gaming. So that will take 7 to 8 streams... maybe. So at least 2 months. In that time, I will have fixed all the kinks in TBG and to my best of my ability, the grammar issues but then, CT27 is my writer (an American), so more like typos; I am very bad in typing. By the time you finish BPC, AF2:TBG will be ready... If you decide to stream TBG that is.

I am anticipating the BPC streams. I will spend prepaid internet money to view them and download them. In my opinion, this is the best mod of all.

I also want to thank you for doing the AFR streams. They are funny and outrageous. With all it's flaws and very simplistic story (maybe bad), you still push through with it. Unbeliavable. Well, AFR was made for pure fun like the Colony Wars Series (PSone) or Freelancer. No need for deep story lines. Just pure fun. Pure chaotic fun.

TBG, though, is a different matter. A different animal... tune in next week....  :)

Offline redmagejoe

• Rage Mage of Ill Fated Gaming
    • Steam
For those of you wanting to join me in the TeamSpeak for the streams, just send me a PM and I'll toss you the address.
Ill Fated Gaming YouTube

Available for Voice Acting work!
Email me: [email protected]
Steam me: redmagejoe

Offline redmagejoe

• Steam
Another year older, another chance to reflect on how wildly the world has changed in the last 34 years. What a trip.
Ill Fated Gaming YouTube

Offline CT27

This won't affect things until later, but as of right now, I've noticed a couple gamestopping errors on Derelict when using the 4.6 MVPs with FSO 22.0.

Offline spart_n

• I am the labeller of CringeTM and KinoTM
    • Steam
happy bday, joe

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Birthday?
Shots shots, shots shots shots
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
Happy birthday 🎂, Joe! Yeah baby!

You're in your wonderful years, dude.

Offline redmagejoe

• Steam
I know it's not FreeSpace, but I hope that you'll all come out and support Kehra on her stream!

« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 10:26:36 am by redmagejoe »
Ill Fated Gaming YouTube

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
Warning - in the current BPC version, the last two missions of FSBlue will outright crash. Expect a BPC update or someone sending you a hotfix this week.
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
I know it's not FreeSpace, but I hope that you'll all come out and support Kehra on her stream!

I've been wating for this since you mentioned it. Sadly, I will be still at work at that time :|
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline redmagejoe

• Steam

Starting soon. Catch you guys in the courtroom!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 10:26:56 am by redmagejoe »
Ill Fated Gaming YouTube

Offline CT27

To let people know how the work on Aftermath 2: TBG is going:

Good news and bad news:
I completed a test playthrough on FSO 22.0 and MVPs 4.6  using the latest update files Herkie made and it was mostly fine (the "Lightning From Heaven" Gabriel bug was fixed).  However, there was one bug/glitch in one mission that we tried and tried to fix  on this particular build combo but couldn't.  However, the mission was passable if a certain cheat was used at a certain point (I would PM RMJ about this ahead of time).  Other than that the campaign worked as intended by Herkie. 

On the other hand, the campaign had no gamebreaking bugs as far as I could tell on FSO 19.0 and 4.3 MVPs. 

RMJ said he was moving TBG back until the bugs could be fixed.  I would say it's at the best point it's going to be.  Since you talked about this earlier RMJ, I think it's at a point where it could be put on the stream (I'm not saying it has to be right after BPC though) in the semi-near future.

P.S.:  Happy belated birthday!

Offline Darius

Fixes for mission crashes of the last few missions of FSBlue are being uploaded to Knossos. You may want to update the mod early tomorrow and test that it hasn't broken everything ahead of time.

EDIT:

« Last Edit: June 26, 2022, 11:29:09 am by Darius »

Offline CT27

Minor update from Herkie:

You know how I just posted that TBG plays fine on 22.0/4.6MVPs except for one mission ("Plans To Negotiate") that has a gamebreaking error that requires a cheat to get through (but after that the game works fine)?  Herkie said he may have found a way to fix that but won't be able to do that until around a couple months from now (he's on a long work trip). 

(FYI:  19.0/4.3MVPs still works without gamebreaking errors)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2022, 07:09:12 pm by CT27 »

Offline redmagejoe

• Steam

Hope you'll all come out and support Kehra tomorrow.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2022, 01:51:41 pm by redmagejoe »
Ill Fated Gaming YouTube

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Caught up on the VoD after missing on Sunday...

I must say, I didn't know the Command Briefing of Demons of the Past had been expanded ... and I think, in hindsight, that addition shines a light on things that I think just make WiH uncomfortable to revist following the enthusiam I initially had about it.
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
Just a small preview of AF2: The Blue Guardian. First contact with the Regilians and the proving the rumor about the GTXV Avenger to be true.

This is also how the game look on my end

« Last Edit: July 15, 2022, 09:29:35 pm by herkie423 »

Offline redmagejoe

• Steam
Kehra's new stream is scheduled. If you can make it out, please come support her. Otherwise, be sure to catch the VOD for more kangaroo court shenanigans.

Ill Fated Gaming YouTube

Offline redmagejoe

• Steam
Mito was awesome enough to hook me up with timestamps for Episode 004 of the Blue Planet videos, as Colt has been super busy with IRL and his own FRED projects, so I just wanted to give a shout-out to my dude for that. If anyone else is willing to volunteer timestamps for any videos as they come, or either of the missing ones (Blue Planet [003] and Blighted), I'd be super grateful.

IN OTHER NEWS, expect load times to be far smaller and stream quality to be improved. I have JUST gotten all of my games moved over to a newly ordered 2 Terabyte SDD. FreeSpace was previously running off of an HDD I had other non-volatile data on, so it was anything other than ideal. I'll babble about it more before tomorrow's gameplay. Hope to see you all there!

Ill Fated Gaming YouTube