Author Topic: RELEASE - Shadows of Kraken  (Read 7707 times)

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
RELEASE - Shadows of Kraken
Sorry for the slight bump, but I wasn't able to get the .vp file to work.  I would select the campaign within FS2, but when I clicked on the ready room, nothing happened.  When I extracted the missions and tried to open them, I got an error saying, "FRED2 was unable to open the selected mission."  The same was true with the campaign file.  Since I don't have WinRAR, I can't download that version.

Offline Axem

Oops, at first I rared it, but then WMCoolmon made it a zip and I kept it like that, and I never changed the link on my first post.

But as for your more pressing matter, are you using FS2_Open? It sounds like retail FS2 trying to open a FS2_Open mission.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
No, I'm using regular FS2.  That probably explains it.

Offline Cyker

Woo! Nifty :)
I still had problems with Mission 2 not finishing despite me eliminating all the threats to craft I was guarding (I even cranked up the 64x time acceleration until all the transports jumped out!!)

But aside from that, was fun!! :D

Any more in the works? Maybe a co-op campaign...? :D

Offline Axem

For some reason mission 2 gave me the most grief testing it. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. I'll try to find out what's going on.

As for any future stuff, I have 4 single missions in the works, a Vasudan one, a sub-space one, an SOC one, and a totally off the wall one I'm not sure if I should really release... :nervous:

Thanks for the comments so far guys. :D

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Okay. Finally found some time to play this. Only got the first mission under my belt successfully (I was too busy gawping at the HTL Fenris model to shot at it properly :D ) but so far I'm enjoying it.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline QuakeIV

• test
Re: RELEASE - Shadows of Kraken
Out of curiosity, does this still exist anywhere?  Found that this was mentioned in the vassago's dirge wiki page while doing some archeology.

edit: Oh wait, whoops, lol: http://www.freespacemods.net/download_91.html