Author Topic: Just stopping by  (Read 6166 times)

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Hey all, long time no see. I mainly just stuck my head in here to dump the design document I wrote for a prequel campaign to Machina Terra that I never actually got to create. But I thought I might as well come on over to Gen Disc and say hi as well. :D

Here's how the family's looking right now:

Actually, that picture is a little old, the kids are a bit older now...

Emily's three, and Nathan turns one in December.

So, what's been happening? :)
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
oh, hey wazup man! I was actually just thinking about you the other day, good to see you've been doing well and have apparently been keeping yourself busy.

kids are adorable BTW.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 06:05:40 pm by Bobboau »
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Hee, I love Nathan's crazy hair. :D

Glad to hear things are going well for you. :) It's pretty much business as usual here: lots of talented people making stuff, and some new-ish coders adding some awesome features (shadows!) into the engine.

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Based on these photos alone... are your family from the 1970s by any chance? :p

Basically look at any thread created by Valathil to see awesomeness - In-Game generated select animations, cloaking, shadows, distortion shockwaves/thrusters, fixed transparency rendering etc. etc.

There's also been the usual slow trickle of campaign and mod releases - not sure how long you've been gone to know how far back to go with that. General HLP awesomness, basically.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Hey Setekh! :)

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
Holy ****nuggets that's cute! D'aawww.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
* Dekker bows

Welcome back oh mighty founder.

Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Sushi

• Art Critic
(Very) long time no see! Hooray for cute kids!

Offline Enzo03

Well I don't think I can say "long time no see", but I sure hope I can say "hi".
21:20:19   SpardaSon21: "hey baby, want to get a good look at my AC/20?
21:20:26   Spoon: I'd hit it like the fist of steiner

Some people are like Slinkies.  They aren't really good or even useful for anything but they always manage to put a little smile on your face when you give them enough of a push down the stairs.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
STEAAAAAAAAAAAK!!!!!!!!!!

You on Minecraft, buddy? Got something to show ya if so... ;)
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft

If he doesn't own it, I have no problem sticking the server on offline mode for a bit so he can connect and have a look.
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
  • I go Sledge-O-Matic on Spammers
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature

Wow, just awesome. Family is indeed great, have one of my own. :D Love those pic's.

So, you just dropping by for a few random lines, or do you feel you can stick around a little? Either case, it's awesome to hear from you.
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!
Talk with the community on Discord
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.
[08/01 16:53:31] <EveningTea> dhauidahh
[08/01 16:53:32] <EveningTea> sak
[08/01 16:53:40] * EveningTea froths at the mouth
[08/01 16:53:40] <sigtau> i broke him, boys

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page

If he doesn't own it, I have no problem sticking the server on offline mode for a bit so he can connect and have a look.
unless you use something like AuthMe/Rakamak/whatever DO NOT PUT YOUR SERVER IN OFFLINE MODE.

this has been a friendly minecraft admin service response.
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
oh, hey wazup man! I was actually just thinking about you the other day, good to see you've been doing well and have apparently been keeping yourself busy.

kids are adorable BTW.
Thanks Bob, it's a nice buzz to have a real oldie be the first to reply. :D

Hee, I love Nathan's crazy hair. :D

Glad to hear things are going well for you. :) It's pretty much business as usual here: lots of talented people making stuff, and some new-ish coders adding some awesome features (shadows!) into the engine.
Man, you have no idea. I think I'm going to cut it soon... as it grew longer I was expecting gravity to take over eventually and tame it, but it's showed no signs of slowing down and he looks to be sporting the fork-in-a-powerpoint look permanently. I had to comb his hair for about ten minutes to get it into the state you see it in for that second picture. ;)

Hey brother, how's your family doing too? Sadly, no Minecraft... is there some other way I can see what you've got in mind? :)

So, you just dropping by for a few random lines, or do you feel you can stick around a little? Either case, it's awesome to hear from you.

Sadly, it's probably going to be the former. High school teaching's keeping me pretty busy, though it does have its lighter moments... here's one of them, made by the school prefects recently. I come in around 1:35 or so. :cool:
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
Posting in a Steak thread. Nice to see we are not forgotten. :D
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Hey brother, how's your family doing too?

My family's expanding any day now - girl #3 is expected to arrive sometime around the 22nd of this month. ;)

Sadly, no Minecraft... is there some other way I can see what you've got in mind? :)

I guess there's the thread about it, although you don't get any sense of scale that way... screenies of the current incarnation start here:D
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Woo!  Steak!  Great to see you again. :)  When are you going to upload your missing Array pictures? :nervous:

Also, it looks weird not to see you blowing everyone else out of the water with your ridiculous post count.  So I've taken the liberty of adding 40k posts for you. :p
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 02:16:10 am by Goober5000 »

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Also, it looks weird not to see you blowing everyone else out of the water with your ridiculous post count.  So I've taken the liberty of adding 40k posts for you. :p

:wtf:

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I think that reference is before my time, at least. :p

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
Steak was famous for having an absurdly high post count at one time. for a while it was higher than the next two or three people combined.
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together