Author Topic: RELEASE - Wings of Dawn Episode 1  (Read 93869 times)

Re: RELEASE - Wings of Dawn Episode 1
I used
Charge 1:Disruptor
Charge 2:Inhibitor
3,4,5 are scatter charges.
Just wait till the Contravention is within 1000 metres of charge 4(should be almost out of range from charge 1 and 2 then), then blow the disruptor, inhibitor, and all 3 scatters at the same time. Scatter charges actually have a longer range than 1000 so if her turrets are down they'll all easily hit. It'll take it down to ~30-40%.
[19:31] <MatthTheGeek> you all high up on your mointain looking down at everyone who doesn't beam everything on insane blindfolded

Offline Lorric

I played this mission on hard and still used the 5 scatter charges and this time just 3 were enough to send the Contravention packing. Didn't even have to tangle with the second pair of fighters! :D

*dusts off really old account* I'm surprised it still works... user name is a bit dated though I wonder if I can get that changed...

I've enjoyed the game so far, but I have a problem on the ambush mission the game doesn't seem to recognize when I hit ALT-X so I can't places charges or tell Tempy I'm ready leaving me stuck and unable to proceed.

also despite having a dedicated graphics card there was this issue with ships and asteroids disappearing when I look directly at them but disabling GLSL shaders seems to have fixed that.

Offline -Norbert-

I had the same issue with the charges. You need to target the deployment point before Alt+X works. Just use "target under recticle" or cycle through with your "next target" key.

I had the same issue with the charges. You need to target the deployment point before Alt+X works. Just use "target under recticle" or cycle through with your "next target" key.
thanks for the response, but unfortunately I had thought of that, and tried it, but it still won't place the charges

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Be sure to be using the left most Alt key, not the right one. And press both keys at the same time.
el hombre vicio...

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Alt-x is bound to (Multiplayer) Observer zoom to target, by default. Make sure that's still bound.
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Lorric

thanks for the response, but unfortunately I had thought of that, and tried it, but it still won't place the charges
I had some issues with this on my Insane playthrough in terms of getting Tempest to lure the contravention. For the charges I'm guessing you already know, but you have to draw close to them as well as target them.

I am wondering if I planted the charges too quickly for the game and messed something up. So I used a bit of time compression on the third attempt at the start before planting them, but still couldn't get the message to Tempest. Then I tried selecting her and flying up to her and it worked. So it might be worth trying that. Use time compression to let a couple minutes go by, plant the charges, target Tempest and maybe fly up to her and see if that works.

Offline AtomicClucker

• Runnin' from Trebs
Going to resume WoD later tonight after running a dungeon on FF XIV. Currently hating the mission to lay charges.
Blame Blue Planet for my Freespace2 addiction.

Offline Eratharon

• Cocky Pilot
I have a question. Can you in any way modify the graphics with the launcher in the game's folder like in FSO's command line? I just realised that I have no lightshafts (or whatever the shadows are called when a ship is in front of a star). Plus if at all possible I would like to know how to tweak it a little so my PC doesn't commit suicide while playing this.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 02:37:47 pm by Eratharon »
-Woohoo new campaign! No time to play? ****!!

-Why in the bloody hell is command only giving Colossus ONE wing of bombers against the Sathanas?!

Offline Nohiki

• Graf von Kaffeetrinken
    • Minecraft
So I finally acquired enough taste for anime to give this another go and I am pleasantly surprised. I also had the opportunity to compare the standalone with whatever it is the FSO installer is downloading (Earlier version I guess?) - and I have to say I kinda like that better :S I am big on story and the standalone just doesn't have enough, although I realize you're likely "getting there".

That said though, while the 'new' Tempest is certainly an improvement of the character, still can't hold a candle to Misuzu and Crystal, hope to see those in the future ;-P
:::ALSO PROUD VASUDAN RIGHTS SUPPORTER:::

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Yeah, I do miss the old characters. :) I'm really hoping that the next chapter will introduce them (we've see the GA already). Especially curious how Crystal will be handled, given the changes to the setting.

Offline Lorric

I'm wondering if Crystal sent out Wynter and... the other one. They said they weren't out of the Cyrvan academy but they were a "special case." Sounds a bit like another "special case" from the first game, eh?

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
I have a question. Can you in any way modify the graphics with the launcher in the game's folder like in FSO's command line? I just realised that I have no lightshafts (or whatever the shadows are called when a ship is in front of a star). Plus if at all possible I would like to know how to tweak it a little so my PC doesn't commit suicide while playing this.
I'm not completely sure I understand what you are asking. But I think the answer is yes, since WoD didn't change anything that would prevent you from changing the command lines or edit the settings outside or inside the launcher in any way.

I'm really hoping that the next chapter will introduce them
It will.
Urutorahappī!!

Offline Eratharon

• Cocky Pilot
I'm not completely sure I understand what you are asking. But I think the answer is yes, since WoD didn't change anything that would prevent you from changing the command lines or edit the settings outside or inside the launcher in any way.

That was exactly what I was asking, thank you Spoon.

Edit: Turned Fxaa off and runs like a charm now.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 12:29:56 am by Eratharon »

-Why in the bloody hell is command only giving Colossus ONE wing of bombers against the Sathanas?!

Offline Eratharon

• Cocky Pilot
Sorry for the spam, but I really like the OST and the Mainhall music is the absolute favourite. I don't remember it from anywhere. I looked it up from the vp with VPView but there is no title for it other than Mainhall. Is there a way to get it from somewhere in mp3? And do I hear Universe at War in AAmbient 4? Such a good game that was.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 02:36:22 pm by Eratharon »

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Sorry for the spam, but I really like the OST and the Mainhall music is the absolute favourite. I don't remember it from anywhere. I looked it up from the vp with VPView but there is no title for it other than Mainhall. Is there a way to get it from somewhere in mp3? And do I hear Universe at War in AAmbient 4? Such a good game that was.
Not going to lie. mainhall1.ogg has been in my head since the release.

UaW music was also used in the Stranded campaign. Turns out they work very well for "otherworldly" settings.

Offline -Norbert-

Why would you call your post spam?

It had content and is even on topic of the thread. I see nothing wrong with that post and it's certainly not spam.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Mainhall1 is the instrumental version of 'Last Inferno' from the Legend of the legendary heroes anime.
Urutorahappī!!

Offline Eratharon

• Cocky Pilot
Mainhall1 is the instrumental version of 'Last Inferno' from the Legend of the legendary heroes anime.

Thank you!