Author Topic: RELEASE - Wings of Dawn Episode 1  (Read 93856 times)

Re: RELEASE - Wings of Dawn Episode 1
I really like the ship's animation as well. I love flying in 3rd person but it's kinda hard to aim properly.
Is there a patch for a slight auto-aim function?

Just edit the AI-profiles table if you want autoaim, the wiki explains how.
[19:31] <MatthTheGeek> you all high up on your mointain looking down at everyone who doesn't beam everything on insane blindfolded

It works flawlessly. Thanks!

Offline SCP993

Hello. First time poster, long time lurker here.

Having some technical issues with WoD right now. Worked fine on installation, played through to mission 6, (or whatever the mission you get ambushed by the Cyrvans is). Beat them, jumped out to follow them, mission immediately ended saying I had failed. Tried again a couple times with the same result, and quit the game. Came back, and now it's giving me the following error when I try to start up again.

Could not load in ChoosePilot-m!
ntdll.dll! ZwWaitForSingleObject + 21 bytes
kernel32.dll! WaitForSingleObjectEx + 67 bytes
kernel32.dll! WaitForSingleObject + 18 bytes
Fs2_open_Wings_of_Dawn-EX7.exe! <no symbol>
Fs2_open_Wings_of_Dawn-EX7.exe! <no symbol>

Can anybody help me out? Never really had any problems with any of the mods to date.

Offline Axem

That error tends to show up when you have a resolution that isn't supported by the interface art. Try changing the launcher settings so your resolution is at least 720 pixels high.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ

Having some technical issues with WoD right now. Worked fine on installation, played through to mission 6, (or whatever the mission you get ambushed by the Cyrvans is). Beat them, jumped out to follow them, mission immediately ended saying I had failed. Tried again a couple times with the same result, and quit the game.
Heya, sorry to hear you're running into these issues :(
We ran into that 'mission ends when jumping' bug before, or more specifically Axem once did, but we never figured out why it's happening. I was never able to reproduce it on my end.
I'd love to help you out and fix it, but I don't know how to tackle this rare elusive bug...
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline yomi

Having some technical issues with WoD right now. Worked fine on installation, played through to mission 6, (or whatever the mission you get ambushed by the Cyrvans is). Beat them, jumped out to follow them, mission immediately ended saying I had failed. Tried again a couple times with the same result, and quit the game.
Heya, sorry to hear you're running into these issues :(
We ran into that 'mission ends when jumping' bug before, or more specifically Axem once did, but we never figured out why it's happening. I was never able to reproduce it on my end.
I'd love to help you out and fix it, but I don't know how to tackle this rare elusive bug...

I had this problem few times as well, maybe it has something to do with speeding up game? For me bug only happend after i speed up game too fast to skip dialog.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
This is very likely. Time compression is finicky in FS2, and using it can mess up event triggers. Maybe that's what happened, something might have not initialized properly.

Offline bigchunk1

• bigchunk1 = Awesome²
  • ...and by awesome I mean Jerk!
Wow I just started playing this. (Intro + tutorial)  It's like a completely different game so far. I like the load screen that was creative. The in ship cut scene was cool too. Controls are different as well. I think it's going to be a good experience. We'll see.
BP Multi
The Antagonist
Zacam: Uh. No, using an effect is okay. But you are literally using the TECHROOM ani as the weapon effect.

Offline SCP993

Thanks for the help, managed to solve both of my problems at once. Best tech support ever :)

Now that I've managed to finish the campaign, I'm really impressed with it. I miss Crystal and Misuzu, and don't like the fact that the first WoD never happened now, but I like the new setting a lot. Except for it being too short, this new campaign is an improvement on the original in every possible way. I especially like the final scene with the Zephyr (which is basically the old Guardian Angel) and the new Guardian Angel next to each other. It reminds me of the first mission of retail, and how much it hammered home the fact that everything had changed. Eagerly awaiting more!

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
I think that the "old" WOD is going to happen, in a way. :) Both Crystal and Mizusu will likely appear in the next chapter. I'm really looking forward to the it.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Thanks for the help, managed to solve both of my problems at once. Best tech support ever :)

Now that I've managed to finish the campaign, I'm really impressed with it. I miss Crystal and Misuzu, and don't like the fact that the first WoD never happened now, but I like the new setting a lot. Except for it being too short, this new campaign is an improvement on the original in every possible way. I especially like the final scene with the Zephyr (which is basically the old Guardian Angel) and the new Guardian Angel next to each other. It reminds me of the first mission of retail, and how much it hammered home the fact that everything had changed. Eagerly awaiting more!
Good to hear your issues got resolved and good to hear you enjoyed it  :)
Urutorahappī!!

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Hey,

finally got around to playing ... or so I thought; encountered a problem that seems to have something to do with the assets not properly loading (effects are there but textures appearently not)

fs2_open.log attached

[attachment deleted by nobody]
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
The log doesn't show any significant errors or is any indication of anything going wrong.
I guess you could remove these deprecated flags:
Code: [Select]
Deprecated flag '-spec' found. Please remove from your cmdline.
Deprecated flag '-glow' found. Please remove from your cmdline.
Deprecated flag '-normal' found. Please remove from your cmdline.
Deprecated flag '-env' found. Please remove from your cmdline.
(I dont know if it will make any difference but worth a try)

Can you go into a bit more detail? Are all textures not loading properly? Does this happen in the techlab, shiplab, in missions? Any difference when you restart the game?
Urutorahappī!!

Offline 0rph3u5

Removing the flags did not change anything...

What I mean is this:

... and the debug build doesn't make a sound when this happens...
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Now that's just weird.
Try disabling deferred lighting and/or shadows in the launcher. And maybe updating your graphics drivers or something.
Outside of these things I've got nothing.
Urutorahappī!!

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
You could also try removing this command line option, I believe that it can do odd stuff under certain circumstances.
-mipmap
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline 0rph3u5

Try disabling deferred lighting and/or shadows in the launcher.

You could also try removing this command line option, I believe that it can do odd stuff under certain circumstances.
-mipmap

done and done, no change in condition

And maybe updating your graphics drivers or something.

It's up to date ... but I was meaning to switch out my card anyway (got a new one in December) - will do that on Wensday and see if anything changes

==================

I remember someone solved this problem by selecting 'Don't use shaders for model rendering' option in Troubleshooting, Features Tab.
It worked for me as well.

Spoiler:
Also, i need to know how to steal a bomber on Mission 4. I can't find it anywhere :<
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 01:06:16 am by jedi19941 »

Offline 0rph3u5

I remember someone solved this problem by selecting 'Don't use shaders for model rendering' option in Troubleshooting, Features Tab.
It worked for me as well.

That did it, thank you.
(takes a bit more memory and processing power now, but works just right)

==================