Author Topic: Squadrons and Physics  (Read 3358 times)

Offline Haliwali

• Cake is a lie.
    • Myspace. Please be my friend
Two questions here. I just played the Beyond the Red Line demo loved it. One of my favourite things in the game was the Physic, and I was wondering if there was any way to do get that from BTRL to Saga. Simple is better, FRED is best.

Part two, Multiplayer Squadrons. Can you create your own Squadron and logo? Really want to create a WC squadron of my own.

Anyway, great work so far keep it.
The cake is a Lie.

They littered the beach as dense as a crowded Tokyo street during a Final Fantasy release riot. The slow, tottering advance only heightened the suspense of this freakishly ironic scene.

The turtles were revolting,
and nobody could stop them.

First they came for the Jedi,
and I did not speak out.
because I was not a Jedi.
Then they came for the giant robots.
and I did not speak out
because I was not a giant robot.
Then they came for the Nerds,
and I was screwed.

Sparkly Weasel, meet Forceful Chainsaw

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
BtRL uses modified tale files, I believe. You would have to modift the WCS .TBL files adding $glide and such. Consult a tabler like thesizzler or karajorma.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
You would have to modift the WCS .TBL files adding $glide and such. Consult a tabler like thesizzler or karajorma.

That wouldn't be Wing Commander anymore. Glide function is available for the Arrow, but that's it.
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
    • http://gevatter_lars.tripod.com/
It wouldn't be WC3. In WC1 dogfightes where a bit different and are again in WCP. In between its like we have it now.
"Yes! That is my plan, and I see nothing wrong with it. I figure that if I stick to a stupid strategy long enough it might start to work."
 - comment to "Robotech: The Masters"

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
I like the WC3 / WC4 dogfights most. And SWC had similar ones.
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Consult a tabler like thesizzler or karajorma.

I'm sooooooo not a tabler. :D
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
BtRL uses modified tale files, I believe. You would have to modift the WCS .TBL files adding $glide and such. Consult a tabler like thesizzler or karajorma.

Modified? From what...  Well i guess that is one way of saying it...

Also if you are just slapping on more 'newtonish' physics to the WCS you would be better off by just just stick with TBM files
Do not meddle in the affairs of coders for they are soggy and hard to light

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Part two, Multiplayer Squadrons. Can you create your own Squadron and logo? Really want to create a WC squadron of my own.

Yes. The process is pretty easy in fact. All you have to do is make the correctly sized pcx files remembering that true green will appear as transparent.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
You coders should make a system that writes our callsigns on the ships. :P
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
No, you should just not be lazy bastards and add it to the squadron insignias. :p

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
It would be interesting actually to have something like this:
Text written on the hull, using a font image.

In FRED you select what font image, and what to use for the ship name. (name, or for multiplayer the player's callsign)

It would then be code that can handle that and nameplates.
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock