Author Topic: were can i get the game? plz  (Read 8040 times)

were can i get the game? plz
ok,  thank you mister aldo, i read all what you said carfully but i am affread you will end up suffring with me just like my english teatcher did (crazy);) (mad)

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
hehe, well do not worry, we can understand what you are trying to say and that is enough. :D

However, if you could use MS Word to control you grammar, it would generally improve the overall quality of your post. Just a suggestion. :)
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

actually,yes admiral i will use the online dictionary from now on, i think i wasted most of my time playing games and i didnt  leave enough time for my studys ,lol but no need to make you the victime i guess , so i fixed the spelling of this message,i hop you like it. and i wait forward to playe the wing commander saga so we can have more things to talk about, but  take your time because am not in a hurry, and the reason is: i just found this place and i didnt playe the project yet or the free space 2, so am still downloading them am sure they will keep me busy for some time. and i just installed the earth minbari  campain and i must say its outstanding game and better than i expected as a free ware.  actually i was playing wing commander thinking they are the only game out there but i was rong am having great time with this one .:yes:
« Last Edit: February 25, 2005, 01:34:18 pm by 2597 »

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
have you tried Wing Commander Standoff? It is an excellent freeware game, based on the Wing Commander Prophecy engine.

Oh, and you won't need FS2 in order to play Saga

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

no i didn t  know about wing commander standoff.  thank you sir for this  great information, i will download it  now  .  and i want to download fs2  anyway  because  i didnt playe it at first place and olso becouse  i want to playe TBP  realse one and  2.  so  finding your website is like  finding treasure island for  me lol.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2005, 05:49:55 pm by 2597 »

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
do not forget that you need Secret Ops core package to play the game. There is also Unknown Enemy, another Wing Commander mod. Finally, I believe, that TBP R3 is standalone.

-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
    • http://gevatter_lars.tripod.com/
The latest release from TBP was a standalone pack.
The corepack for Secret Ops should be availble form the CIC pack or the Standoff/UE packes I think.
"Yes! That is my plan, and I see nothing wrong with it. I figure that if I stick to a stupid strategy long enough it might start to work."
 - comment to "Robotech: The Masters"

yes,got them all thank you. that will keep me going for a long time hehe. hop to see you guyes soon with the saga .bye

Offline Skullar

I loved wing commander, and I absolutely wanna play this ! When when when ...

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
in a few weeks :D But that is just the demo and you will face mostly WC2 craft, which is rather weak you know :)

-WC Saga's beta tester

i as wondering about somthing , when i downloaded  tbp it was about more than 200 mb,  well i think then ok ,most of the hard work is in those 200 mb, then i downloaded the single missions and it was only about  (762 kb). i mean that is realy a small file and it had 9 missions in it, (more than the main campain)  and 2 multy player, thats 11 missions .and i was woundering  why the game is so short? i mean it must be eazy to make 100s of those missions in about 10 mb file. why is all the babylon 5  games is not more than 4 or 5 missions can some one tell me ??:ha:

Offline Skullar

because i am writing on our main campaign featuring 48 missions. Have been writing on the scripts long before release 1 came out.

However, the scripts are nearing completion ( early April ) and then the campaign gets done. You will learn to stand in astonishment.

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
    • http://gevatter_lars.tripod.com/
Their are two simple reasons why it can be short.
First you have to write a story for the mission, something that gives the entire thing some substance. Places to go to, characters that are belivable and so on...its a long progress writing it.

Next thing is to get all the stuff that is written down into a mission...means you not only have to make a good story, but you also have to balance everything so its still playable and the prog can do it.
I mean you can easly write down a big fleet battle with thousends of ships, but I want to see you FREDing the mission...or even get it running.

All in all its a not that easy to do...the filesize dosn't speak for the work that is in it....if that would be so the mission would probaply be some 100mb big ^_^
"Yes! That is my plan, and I see nothing wrong with it. I figure that if I stick to a stupid strategy long enough it might start to work."
 - comment to "Robotech: The Masters"

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
I have to admit that our prologue will feature only 5 missions. The full game will include around 40 missions (20 are more or less done)

-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Originally posted by aceofbase
i as wondering about somthing , when i downloaded  tbp it was about more than 200 mb,  well i think then ok ,most of the hard work is in those 200 mb, then i downloaded the single missions and it was only about  (762 kb). i mean that is realy a small file and it had 9 missions in it, (more than the main campain)  and 2 multy player, thats 11 missions .and i was woundering  why the game is so short? i mean it must be eazy to make 100s of those missions in about 10 mb file. why is all the babylon 5  games is not more than 4 or 5 missions can some one tell me ??:ha:

Those single missions take time - a lot of time if they're to be good -  and they need the 200mb (or at least a decent amount of it) to have been finished in order to be made.

ok . i get it . the hard work is not only the base files but the casting and making . ok that make sence i have to say all bayblon 5 games are  great .but  for me i will not download any  200 mb demo from now on  becose i have a 56 kps modem. i mean tbp3 is ok  becose it has 2 campains thats about 10 missions and 9 single missions + 2 multy player and some good fan made missions so the game rocks .
by the way mister skullar i think you are talking about tbp  (the 48 missions in april?  is that correct? if it was so i want to ask you : would that need a new base download or it will work on relase 3. i know this is  saga forum but please tell me. and  i want to ask you olso about  tbp relase 1 and 2  . in realse 3 read me file it says that realse 1 and 2  campains and missions will be available as relase 3 compateble . is that comming soon becose i dont think i will try to download the massive  core files again thank you.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2005, 11:24:01 am by 2597 »

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
in case of Wing Commander Saga the final release will not be compatible with the demo version, and even if it will be, the difference in download size will not be very significant. The reasons are obvious:

-new interface art
-new movies
-a lot of models (prologue includes only essential models)
-voice acting (for the five prologue missions we have recorded almost 1 hour of audio)
-additional mission backgrounds
-etc

The prologue clocks at 200 mb, the final release will be around 400 mb (only aproximate size - all I know that my current install takes almost one GB of space on my hdd)

-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline Skullar

Please move the TBP discussion to the TBP forum from now on, let me give you a short answer :

- older campaigns need to be converted so they work with release 3.0
- The big campaign ( will not come before late 2005 ) will be a CAMPAIGN download that bases on the core stuff. You wont need to download core3.0 again , most likely just the updates to the latest core version. by then it will be 3.2 or 3.3