Author Topic: Let's Play: The Temple of Elemental Evil!  (Read 69802 times)

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Re: Let's Play: The Temple of Elemental Evil! Need 1 more adventurer
If I were more evil I'd ninja that last slot from Trash, but let's give him another try to make one of those needed characters since he sort of "applied" already.
Please be more evil  :p
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Gortef

• A meat popsicle
Habeeb it...

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Quote from: Alex Heartnet
The eighth character need to be either a wizard, sorcerer, bard, rogue, ranger, or monk.
Notice how that doesn't mention Paladin in there.
I know reading isn't your strong suit, Trashman. But at least try

I know not being an insultive douche is not your strong point, but at least try.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Re: Let's Play: The Temple of Elemental Evil! Adventurers wanted, apply within
Heironeous is a lawful good deity that is probably the one you want. He has the war domain, so if you want access to a longsword this is the way to go.

Ok, so I'll settle with Heironeous and longsword.
el hombre vicio...

Offline Axem

Preferred Alignment: True Neutral
SHORT Character Bio:
I am here to kill all the things! If it bleeds, I'll squash it! It if fights back, I'll hack it in two! That is all.
Alignment!  You just described a Chaotic Neutral, leaning towards EVIL

Fine, how's this:

I'm here to get pumped up. All those posers out there, don't know the true secrets to muscle building. Temple of evil? Sure. Sounds like a good warm up. I'll be sure to punch out Cthulu while I'm there.

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
Well since Trashman hasn't picked up the ball yet and it turns out I actually wasn't too slow  :nervous:

Character Name: Lester Mitchell
Race: Human
Height: as tall as they come
Hair Color: gray
Hair Style: Long and as unkempt as possible, like a homeless guy
Character class: Wizard
Preferred Weapon: morning star (duh) (btw, yes I will take the penalty unless the GLORIOUS PARTY DEMANDS OTHERWISE)
Preferred Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Sorts of magic: Damage dealing kinds of things before utility kinds of things.

Lester Mitchell suffers from PTSD and is a slightly cynical old man. Unfortunately he just can't bring himself to quietly go into retirement, so he decides to go adventuring.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 10:40:36 am by Polpolion »

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
So many chaotic players.. I sense trouble in the group.

Lessiah,

uggg.. I touched an Elf

note: I forgot to mention Rodd was black skinned, hope that's not a problem.
el hombre vicio...

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Quote from: Alex Heartnet
The eighth character need to be either a wizard, sorcerer, bard, rogue, ranger, or monk.
Notice how that doesn't mention Paladin in there.
I know reading isn't your strong suit, Trashman. But at least try

I know not being an insultive douche is not your strong point, but at least try.

Aaand niceness drive. Trashman gets some time off, but Spoon, you're not doing yourself any favours by baiting him either.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Sorry Alex, I could have sworn I put Chaotic Good as my alignment when I posted.  Elladan is definitely supposed to be Chaotic Good.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline Alex Heartnet

• Loli with a hammer
    • Minecraft
Well since Trashman hasn't picked up the ball yet and it turns out I actually wasn't too slow  :nervous:

Character Name: Lester Mitchell
Race: Human
Height: as tall as they come
Hair Color: gray
Hair Style: Long and as unkempt as possible, like a homeless guy
Character class: Wizard
Preferred Weapon: morning star (duh) (btw, yes I will take the penalty unless the GLORIOUS PARTY DEMANDS OTHERWISE)
Preferred Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Sorts of magic: Damage dealing kinds of things before utility kinds of things.

Lester Mitchell suffers from PTSD and is a slightly cynical old man. Unfortunately he just can't bring himself to quietly go into retirement, so he decides to go adventuring.

Wizards can specialize in a spell school, giving them extra spells per day to play with.  However, they must give up the ability to use two other spell schools to do so.

The available spell schools are:
Abjuration:  Abjuration spells are spells meant to interfere with other magics.  Most spells in this category are protective spells, however the category also includes spell battle type spells such as Dispel Magic.
Conjuration:  Conjuration spells create and manipulate matter.  Most summoning spells fall into this category.
Divination:  Divination is the ability to learn secrets long forgotten, to predict the future, and for scrying.  Most spells in this category are non-combat or for spell battles.
Enchantment:  Enchantment spells affect the minds of others, with the classic example being Charm Person.  Most attack spells that do not deal direct damage fall under this category.  Take note that non-damage attack spells are actually useful in this game - a confusion spell can often have greater effect then a fireball spell.
Illusion:  Illusion spells deal with things that aren't really there.  A variety of spells falls under this category, including invisibility.
Necromancy:  Necromancy spells deal with the manipulation of life and death.  This spell school is notorious for including EVIL spells, but it also contains some offensive spells.
Evocation:  Evocation spells deal with the manipulation and creation of energy.  Most direct damage spells fall under this category.
Transmutation:  Transmutation spells change the properties of matter, to produce a variety of effects.

Do you want to specialize in Evocation?  If so, what two spell schools do you want to give up.

Offline z64555

• Self-proclaimed controls expert
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Re: Let's Play: The Temple of Elemental Evil!
I think Trashman was temporarily banned...
Secure the Source, Contain the Code, Protect the Project
chief1983

------------
funtapaz: Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Juche.
z64555: s/J/Do
BotenAlfred: <funtapaz> Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Douche.

Awwww, Polpolion grabbed the last slot?

Wait, what if somebody dies? Will there be replacements needed?

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
Yep, I will specialize in evocation and give up transmutation and necromancy.

Offline Alex Heartnet

• Loli with a hammer
    • Minecraft
Awwww, Polpolion grabbed the last slot?

Wait, what if somebody dies? Will there be replacements needed?
If someone dies, there are such things as Raise Dead spells.

In other words, I'm stuck with this party for the duration of the game.

Well in that case, <Good luck!> and looking forward to seeing how this goes. I might have to even buy the game and play some myself... (no LP though)

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
If someone dies, there are such things as Raise Dead spells.

In other words, I'm stuck with this party for the duration of the game.

There better be, I played this for the hell of it once.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Alex Heartnet

• Loli with a hammer
    • Minecraft
Behold!  The EVIL title screen!

I’m not a big fan of the party alignment system either.  If you wish to roleplay as a Lawful Good or Chaotic Good, go right ahead.

Before we get started on our adventure, we first need to get equipped!

This is an example of one of the mini-mods contains within the Circle of Eight modpack.  I am using the version without the new content – which ‘only’ contains bugfixes and some small mods that many consider to be part and parcel to the vanilla game.

Free stuff?  Yes, please.  I can always sell what I don’t want or need.

Look at what the game started Thog out with.  This starting equipment set would be fine for a normal bard, but not for a punk rock bard.  Fortunately, I can buy some different equipment for him.

After spending practically all our coin supply, I managed to give everyone a melee weapon + ranged weapon, as well as a large wooden shield and basic armor for those that need such.

Sorry Rodo, there are no skin tone options on the character creation screen.

Axem, consider yourself lucky.  That breastplate was the most expensive piece of equipment I purchased, and is overall the best armor category for a dwarven barbarian.  Only way to improve your armor at this point is to buy/find magical armor or to use a spell.

For a ranged weapon, you get a sling (not that you are likely to actually use it).  It was cheap, more dwarven then a bow, and you never know when you will need a ranged weapon.

As soon as I finished buying Thog’s equipment, I realized just how awesome of a concept Thog is.  Kudos to you, LordMelvin!

I even managed to get Thog a punk hairstyle.

Wizards tend to have a lot of skillpoints due to the fact that they rely on intelligence for their casting.  I ended up making Lester into a thief as well as a wizard.

Couldn’t get you the morningstar you wanted, though.  Not enough coin left over to buy one.  ‘Grey’ wasn’t a hair color option either, so you got white hair.

Heavier armor types penalize movement speed (unless you’re a dwarf), while lighter armor types don’t offer good protection without a good dex score.  Elladan has 18 dex, so I decided to put him in a set of light armor.  Mobility is a big deal in this game, and with that 18 dex the protection you get is equivalent to a set of heavy armor.

Say hello to Lessiah, the elven klutz.

Luna found a jaunty hat and a fencing blade somewhere.  She also brought a shortbow, because I didn’t have enough coin for a third longbow.

Yeah, I don’t think the portrait fits your character either.  But, I couldn’t find one that does.

That Identify spell of yours WILL see heavy use.

And last but not least, the loli with a hammer.

With preparations complete, we set off towards glory, fame, treasure, and death!

Offline CommanderDJ

• Software engineer
    • Minecraft
Lessiah,

* Lessiah attempts to brofist back, but fails and punches Rodd in the face instead because of her 8 ****ING DEX.
:P

This is going to be awesome. :D
[16:57] <CommanderDJ> What prompted the decision to split WiH into acts?
[16:58] <battuta> it was long, we wanted to release something
[16:58] <battuta> it felt good to have a target to hit
[17:00] <RangerKarl> not sure if talking about strike mission, or jerking off
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> WUT
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> hahahahaha
[17:00] <battuta> hahahaha
[17:00] <RangerKarl> same thing really, if you think about it

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
Damn it! How did I miss the sign in for this? Now my alcholic archer with an irrational hatred for pants and a rivalry with the floor, will not have his day in the sun! Woe woe, and thrice woe!

Ah well!

This is the first I've heard of this game, and I want to see how much involving the kindly gents from HLP ruin it for me.  :p
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
*Critical hit!
*Rodd's intelligence drops from 15 to 14.

Press on my fellow companions, Heronious's grace shall fall upon us the justice seekers!

Stay tuned for more stupidizzation!
el hombre vicio...