Author Topic: WARGAME: RED DRAGON  (Read 31458 times)

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
You mean an Igla?  I hope you aren't shooting down NATO gunships with NATO MANPADS, otherwise your teammates are going to hate you something fierce.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Stingers are available to anyone for.......the right price  ;7
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline crizza

You mean an Igla?  I hope you aren't shooting down NATO gunships with NATO MANPADS, otherwise your teammates are going to hate you something fierce.
My bad, haven't played Pact that much^^

The gamemodes where you can play NATO vs NATO or Pact vs Pact are sadly overlooked.

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
ALB: Another game, another loss, this was a 2v2 with all computer opponents. but this one I played till the end until a minor defeat. Still don't have the guts to charge past the AI, but sitting back in support isn't good either. And I didn't like my aircraft choices (if Etendards and Sabres weren't already irritating, killing all my reinforcements)...

The last stand right before the defeat screen came up was fun at least... I parked one (no-rank?) Malyutka vehicle in the burning forest and it soars to Elite from out of nowhere :lol: backed up with two Afghanskiis and supply trucks... Anything that charged through the road (and some infantry in VAB's tried to flank from the forest) all got gunned down fast...

It's not safe to park vehicles in city areas, is it?  :banghead: at least the ****ty T-34 and !one! Konkurs infantry (the second guy just... died) racked up way more their buying score before they both died. I wish I could say the same for helicopters, I am horrible with them  :banghead:
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares
TheHound: "Nice idea, but I have a thing against announcing campaigns before having them already finished."
G5K: "The flipside of that is that if you don't announce your campaign, yet take too long to finish it, other people may independently come up with some of the same ideas."

It's not safe to park vehicles in city areas, is it?

The first rule of modern tank warfare:
Avoid urban areas with a (ATMissileRange)-foot-long-pole.

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
That I can get, no doubt. (somewhere in my brain is nagging at me "dude, it's common sense! find some other task for your ****ty tanks dammit!  :banghead:")

What if the enemy is charging in to the city from outside and I have tanks supporting infantry there? Still no good? Better to get them to draw fire moving in reverse? (Which I tried, lasted for a while until the artillery came down or some plane flew over and dropped a bomb)  :banghead:

And I don't know how else I can make use of all the empty non-supply trucks after unloading them. Using them to draw fire (and my first attempts at smoke) they don't last more than half a second...
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares
TheHound: "Nice idea, but I have a thing against announcing campaigns before having them already finished."
G5K: "The flipside of that is that if you don't announce your campaign, yet take too long to finish it, other people may independently come up with some of the same ideas."

Offline IronBeer

• (Witty catchphrase)
    • Minecraft
And I don't know how else I can make use of all the empty non-supply trucks after unloading them. Using them to draw fire (and my first attempts at smoke) they don't last more than half a second...
Empty transport trucks can be used as expendable scouts, or can still be used in a transport capacity. If they're just regular unarmed trucks, your options are pretty limited.
"I have approximate knowledge of many things."

Ridiculous, the Director's Cut

Starlancer Head Animations - Converted

Offline bigchunk1

• bigchunk1 = Awesome²
  • ...and by awesome I mean Jerk!
I try to keep them with my infantry in case I need to move them again, but usually I don't. I guess it's sort of a thing to use them as suicide scouts. Wish the game didn't encourage that.
BP Multi
The Antagonist
Zacam: Uh. No, using an effect is okay. But you are literally using the TECHROOM ani as the weapon effect.

Offline crizza

Usually if your infantry has garrisoned buildis, the enemy has a tough time clearing them, involvin napalm, Smoke and 1000pound bombs as well as infantry.
This may cost him a plane or two and if he's dumb enough to sent tanks along, lucky you.
My tanks usually park in scrubs ad wood and wait for the enemy to circle around the city, while AA take care of strikecraft flyig oer the city^^

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
I typically chain order my dedicated transports to move to their deployment positions, drop their infantry then return to some out of the way position behind the lines so they don't feed points to OpFor.  From a best gameplay perspective you can use them to bait ATGMs before you push with your AFVs, however, I tend to think I'd be pissing off a lot of families back home if I was trading deuce and a half drivers for Konkurs.

Seriously, that **** would be a scandal on the news.

Optimally I wish Eugene allowed us to "recycle" useless transports back for more RP.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline Aesaar

Or send them to a FOB and convert them to supply vehicles.

On another note, the people of #bp heard my antics on this, but if you build an Airborne deck, you're going to really, really miss having heavy AA and tanks.  MANPADS just don't cut it.  And the USSR doesn't have many helo-mounted AA missiles.  The Ka-50 and 52 are the only ones that carry them.  Some Polish helos like the Sokol do, but then you can't take the Ka-50 and 52, and good gods those two are ridiculously good.

Also, I've found that 10v10 games are a very good way to get better at playing without needing to worry about being a liability to your team.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 10:13:20 am by Aesaar »

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
Or send them to a FOB and convert them to supply vehicles.

...you can do that?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
No, he's just wishing we could. It'd be an interesting solution.

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
I really like some of the maps added in the last update, but I can't play the game for more than 30 minutes or so before the game crashes. :(

Offline crizza

What kind of ships are ingame?
Since Udaloys are iname as command ships, what about Kirow and Slawas?

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft

I doubt those will be ingame. The biggest ships we get are destroyers, I'm pretty sure. And we're still waiting on any naval maps in the open beta, though there are a few youtube videos out with naval gameplay if you want to take a look.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
What kind of ships are ingame?

Riverine to ocean-going DD.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Botes and bote maps just got patched in

Offline crizza

I doubt those will be ingame. The biggest ships we get are destroyers, I'm pretty sure. And we're still waiting on any naval maps in the open beta, though there are a few youtube videos out with naval gameplay if you want to take a look.
Fair enough...
I'm currently watching videos, but given the Kirow is a battlecruiser and the Slava Cruiser...ok.