Author Topic: FSPort 3.3 Discussion!  (Read 36315 times)

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Re: FSPort 3.3 Discussion!
I just experienced a bit of unexpected behavior after downloading the new version of mv_fsport.vp: selecting fsport-mediavps as the active mod apparently didn't load the Port content, instead taking me to the regular FS2 mainhall, but selecting fsport-str worked as expected.  It turns out that the mod.ini file included in the new download has "fsport3_3" in its secondarylist, instead of the expected "fsport," so most of the Port content was being skipped over.  I'd assume that "fsport" is the intended name, since that's what was in the first download version, so it might be a good idea to tweak it.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Before I get a chance to look for myself, is the Athena's third engine finally added back to its .pof?
I don't understand what you mean.  If you're referring to the engine thrusters, both the retail and MVP Athena models have three of them (now, at least).  If you're referring to the subsystems, even in FS1 there were only "engine 1" and "engine 2", never "engine 3".

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Thruster point, which the Retail Athena had three of but for the longest time the Port Athena had two and was completely dismissed forcing me to have to add it back in.
Which I now know is fixed as I have screens of it posted.

Offline stele

Dunno if I should post here or over in the FSOpen Installer thread.  But I'm getting an error with the installer, and it seems to be with this part (FSPort).

After finizhing with fsport-missions.zip on a full install, it then just stalls.

Here are the last few lines:

Finished with Zip File: fsport-missions.zip
Checking: HASH
Current File Size: 0
New File Size: 330
Download Mirror 1 (http://fsport.freespacemods.net/releases/) has failed.
All Download Mirrors have failed.

It never ends, never skips over the problem file, just sits there forever until I exit.  Left it earlier tonight while I went out for a couple hours.

Anyway just got FS2 on the GOG sales and figured this installer was the easiest way to get things up and running.  Any chance this gets fixed in the next couple days or do I need to try the manual install of FSPort?

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Argh.  You stumbled across a feature (MD5 hash validation) for the upcoming rewritten FSO Installer.  I thought the old installer would be smart enough to ignore those tags it didn't recognize, but I guess not.

I've changed the installation config accordingly; if you try again it should complete successfully.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
I'm surprised the missile thrusters weren't made to match the color of their trails for the new release like the FS2 MVPs have been doing, I'm wondering how much work would need to be done to do this.

Edit: mjn.mixael had asked me earlier to check if the game-breaking glitch caused by destroyed Imhoteps was solved; it is.
Out of curiosity were the opaque fighter canopies an intended change to the new version of the Port MVPs, the Hercules remains with a transparent canopy though all other fighters are fully opaque.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 06:11:11 am by Commander Zane »

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
 :wtf:

Please provide a screenshot. Because I don't have any opaque fighter canopies (at least not terran).
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
You got it.

Picked the Valkyrie because of its large canopy.

The Centaur is another good ship to use, its canopy is solid black when not reflecting anything, and to show what I mentioned earlier the Hercules still has glass you can see through in the image.

On the celebration thread the three screens of the Athena I did also have solid glass, and when I checked in the Ship Lab every other fighter I looked at also had no transparent glass.

I can't say if it started on the first 3.3 Port MVP release or not since I was concentrating entirely on the error the Imhotep was causing, though I still have the second release and the glass behaves as they are in these two screens, which are the third (Current) release.

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Ok, something is really wrong with your install, because that is not the case in my local install of Port 3.3 (I download and install the release files just to help confirm user issues.)

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
What could you suggest? I initially downloaded all of the 3.3 Port files (All older Port-related folders were removed before hand) and placed them in a new fsport folder, the Port MVPs in a new fsport-mediavps folder, the ST:R files in a new fsport-str folder, and MediaVPs 3.6.12 files in the mediavps_3612 folder. If it's of any relevance I'm using Build 7283.

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
A debug log could help.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Uh. Check the first page. Nothing in my folders have changed since then.

Edit: Oh dear, I think I might've found another quirk (Look inside the red circle). I'm just glad the screens of the Hope I took didn't show that...
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 02:14:18 pm by Commander Zane »

Offline stele

Argh.  You stumbled across a feature (MD5 hash validation) for the upcoming rewritten FSO Installer.  I thought the old installer would be smart enough to ignore those tags it didn't recognize, but I guess not.

I've changed the installation config accordingly; if you try again it should complete successfully.

Thank you sir.  It has passed the hiccup point and seems to be installing all parts of FSPort now.  Will edit and update for sure when it finishes.  But looking good so far.  And my plans for a weekend replay of Freespace are go!  :cool:

EDIT:  Yep all finished.  Everything appears installed.  Thanks again!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 04:49:45 pm by stele »

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Uh. Check the first page. Nothing in my folders have changed since then.

Edit: Oh dear, I think I might've found another quirk (Look inside the red circle). I'm just glad the screens of the Hope I took didn't show that...

You haven't re-DL the mv_fsport.vp, which original iteration was corrupted. Re-DL it now from the release post.

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Actually, I have redownloaded it, which was to fix the problem that I was talking about on the first page of this thread.
Unless it had two revisions done in the same day today.

Edit: To double-check I downloaded it once again, the holes are still there.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 03:15:17 pm by Commander Zane »

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Zane.. I don't know what to tell you.. locally, I cannot reproduce your canopy issues, or the Typhon holes. And you still haven't posted a log.

Offline Water

Zane
Glass - I've got the same problem. Try this, put the attached dds in fsport-mediavps/data/maps. It's just a replacement for glass.dds

Also have a look at the fighters in mediavps_3612. Do they have the same issue for you?   Excluding Herc2 as it has it's own glass texture.

[attachment deleted by ninja]

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
And you still haven't posted a log.
Like I said nothing changed between now and the first time I posted the log on the first page why do it again?
This time something came up that was different from other times loading Debug Builds, related to the Typhon obviously since the .exe simply crashes trying to load it; this did not occur before.
Code: [Select]
==========================================================================
DEBUG SPEW: No debug_filter.cfg found, so only general, error, and warning
categories can be shown and no debug_filter.cfg info will be saved.
==========================================================================
FreeSpace version: 3.6.13
Passed cmdline options:
  -spec_exp 15
  -ogl_spec 20
  -spec_static 1.5
  -spec_point 1.2
  -spec_tube 1.5
  -ambient_factor 80
  -env
  -missile_lighting
  -glow
  -spec
  -no_emissive_light
  -normal
  -post_process
  -fxaa
  -cache_bitmaps
  -ballistic_gauge
  -dualscanlines
  -orbradar
  -rearm_timer
  -targetinfo
  -3dwarp
  -ship_choice_3d
  -weapon_choice_3d
  -warp_flash
  -snd_preload
  -mod fsport-mediavps,fsport,mediavps_3612
Building file index...
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\fsport-mediavps\mv_fsport.vp' with a checksum of 0xe86f1f2e
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\fsport\fsport-missions.vp' with a checksum of 0x73018100
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\fsport\fsport3_3.vp' with a checksum of 0x4d97be5e
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\fsport\odeon_fs1.vp' with a checksum of 0x6b0eb146
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\fsport\sparky_hi_fs1.vp' with a checksum of 0x09e704a7
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\fsport\stu_fs1.vp' with a checksum of 0xa75a86ce
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\fsport\tango_fs1.vp' with a checksum of 0x82c24ecf
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\fsport\tango_hi1_fs1.vp' with a checksum of 0xdafaa088
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\fsport\tango_hi2_fs1.vp' with a checksum of 0x5dc643cb
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\fsport\tango_hi3_fs1.vp' with a checksum of 0x574465ef
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\fsport\tango_hi4_fs1.vp' with a checksum of 0xade5fc50
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\fsport\tango_hi5_fs1.vp' with a checksum of 0xe0fd80ae
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\fsport\warble_fs1.vp' with a checksum of 0x0b608285
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\mediavps_3612\MV_Advanced.vp' with a checksum of 0x4b8b0f5a
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\mediavps_3612\MV_AnimGlows.vp' with a checksum of 0x6a554026
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\mediavps_3612\MV_Assets.3612.vp' with a checksum of 0x59649c21
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\mediavps_3612\MV_Assets.vp' with a checksum of 0x529cc70f
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\mediavps_3612\MV_CB_ANI_1.vp' with a checksum of 0x9c948078
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\mediavps_3612\MV_CB_ANI_2.vp' with a checksum of 0xd1e3fc51
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\mediavps_3612\MV_Effects.3612.vp' with a checksum of 0x9c510aa0
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\mediavps_3612\MV_Effects.vp' with a checksum of 0xb9a9a485
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\mediavps_3612\MV_Music.vp' with a checksum of 0xb3e21469
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\mediavps_3612\MV_RadarIcons.vp' with a checksum of 0x31dd7781
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\mediavps_3612\MV_Root.3612.vp' with a checksum of 0x7c9d7e74
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\mediavps_3612\MV_Root.vp' with a checksum of 0x6ffd5c78
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\mediavps_3612\SathMod.vp' with a checksum of 0xbd01c0f0
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\multi-mission-pack.vp' with a checksum of 0x377695e0
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\multi-voice-pack.vp' with a checksum of 0xd50e7442
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\Root_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0xce10d76c
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\smarty_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0xddeb3b1e
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\sparky_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0x164fe65a
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\sparky_hi_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0xa11d56f1
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\stu_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0xd77da83a
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\tango1_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0x4c25221e
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\tango2_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0x86920b82
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\tango3_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0x705e8d71
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\warble_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0xd85c305d
Searching root 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\fsport-mediavps\' ... 2 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\fsport-mediavps\mv_fsport.vp' ... 482 files
Searching root 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\fsport\' ... 1 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\fsport\fsport-missions.vp' ... 211 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\fsport\fsport3_3.vp' ... 864 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\fsport\odeon_fs1.vp' ... 10 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\fsport\sparky_hi_fs1.vp' ... 1230 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\fsport\stu_fs1.vp' ... 1539 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\fsport\tango_fs1.vp' ... 92 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\fsport\tango_hi1_fs1.vp' ... 9 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\fsport\tango_hi2_fs1.vp' ... 26 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\fsport\tango_hi3_fs1.vp' ... 28 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\fsport\tango_hi4_fs1.vp' ... 13 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\fsport\tango_hi5_fs1.vp' ... 16 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\fsport\warble_fs1.vp' ... 111 files
Searching root 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\mediavps_3612\' ... 201 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\mediavps_3612\MV_Advanced.vp' ... 1283 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\mediavps_3612\MV_AnimGlows.vp' ... 1641 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\mediavps_3612\MV_Assets.3612.vp' ... 315 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\mediavps_3612\MV_Assets.vp' ... 1527 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\mediavps_3612\MV_CB_ANI_1.vp' ... 32 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\mediavps_3612\MV_CB_ANI_2.vp' ... 52 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\mediavps_3612\MV_Effects.3612.vp' ... 10 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\mediavps_3612\MV_Effects.vp' ... 1876 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\mediavps_3612\MV_Music.vp' ... 32 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\mediavps_3612\MV_RadarIcons.vp' ... 24 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\mediavps_3612\MV_Root.3612.vp' ... 13 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\mediavps_3612\MV_Root.vp' ... 94 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\mediavps_3612\SathMod.vp' ... 26 files
Searching root 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\' ... 40 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\multi-mission-pack.vp' ... 110 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\multi-voice-pack.vp' ... 307 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\Root_fs2.vp' ... 157 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\smarty_fs2.vp' ... 10 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\sparky_fs2.vp' ... 3027 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\sparky_hi_fs2.vp' ... 1337 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\stu_fs2.vp' ... 2355 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\tango1_fs2.vp' ... 32 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\tango2_fs2.vp' ... 15 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\tango3_fs2.vp' ... 10 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\warble_fs2.vp' ... 52 files
Found 41 roots and 19212 files.
Setting language to English
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_core-lcl.tbm' ...
Initializing OpenAL...
  OpenAL Vendor     : Creative Labs Inc.
  OpenAL Renderer   : Software
  OpenAL Version    : 1.1

Found extension "ALC_EXT_EFX".

Sample rate: 44100 (44100)
  EFX version: 1.0
  Max auxiliary sends: 1
  Playback device: Generic Software on Speakers / Headphones (IDT High Definition Audio CODEC)
  Capture device: Microphone Array (IDT High Defi
... OpenAL successfully initialized!
Failed to init speech
Initializing OpenGL graphics device at 1920x1200 with 32-bit color...
  Initializing WGL...
  Requested WGL Video values = R: 8, G: 8, B: 8, depth: 32, double-buffer: 1
  Actual WGL Video values    = R: 8, G: 8, B: 8, depth: 32, double-buffer: 1
  OpenGL Vendor    : ATI Technologies Inc.
  OpenGL Renderer  : ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5800 Series
  OpenGL Version   : 4.1.10834 Compatibility Profile Context

Using extension "GL_EXT_fog_coord".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_multitexture".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_env_add".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_compression".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_env_combine".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_draw_range_elements".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object".
  Using extension "GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_framebuffer_object".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_rectangle".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_bgra".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_cube_map".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_point_sprite".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_shading_language_100".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_shader_objects".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_vertex_shader".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_fragment_shader".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_shader_texture_lod".
  Found special extension function "wglSwapIntervalEXT".

Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (null-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (null-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (l-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lb-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (b-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (b-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (b-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (bg-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (l-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lbg-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (l-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lbgs-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (l-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lbs-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (le-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lbgse-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (le-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lbse-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (ln-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lbgn-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (ln-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lbgsn-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (ln-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lbn-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (ln-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lbsn-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (lne-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lbgsne-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (lne-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lbsne-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (lf-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lfb-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (lf-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lfbg-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (lf-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lfbgs-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (lf-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lfbs-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (lfe-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lfbgse-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (lfe-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lfbse-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (lfn-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lfbgn-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (lfn-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lfbgsn-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (lfn-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lfbn-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (lfn-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lfbsn-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (lfne-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lfbgsne-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (lfne-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lfbsne-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (l-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (null-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (l-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lg-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (l-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lgs-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (l-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (ls-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (le-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lgse-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (le-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lse-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (ln-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lgn-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (ln-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lgsn-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (ln-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (ln-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (ln-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lsn-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (lne-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lgsne-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (lne-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lsne-f.sdr)

Compiling post-processing shader 1 ...
  Compiling post-processing shader 2 ...
  Compiling post-processing shader 3 ...
  Compiling post-processing shader 4 ...
  Compiling post-processing shader 5 ...

Max texture units: 8 (16)
  Max elements vertices: 2147483647
  Max elements indices: 16777215
  Max texture size: 16384x16384
  Max render buffer size: 16384x16384
  Can use compressed textures: YES
  Texture compression available: YES
  Post-processing enabled: YES
  Using trilinear texture filter.
  Using GLSL for model rendering.
  OpenGL Shader Version: 4.10
... OpenGL init is complete!
Size of bitmap info = 760 KB
Size of bitmap extra info = 52 bytes
ANI cursorweb with size 24x24 (25.0% wasted)
GRAPHICS: Initializing default colors...
SCRIPTING: Beginning initialization sequence...
SCRIPTING: Beginning Lua initialization...
LUA: Opening LUA state...
LUA: Initializing base Lua libraries...
LUA: Beginning ADE initialization
ADE: Initializing enumeration constants...
ADE: Assigning Lua session...
SCRIPTING: Beginning main hook parse sequence....
Wokka!  Error opening file (scripting.tbl)!
TABLES: Unable to parse 'scripting.tbl'!  Error code = 5.
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_flak-sct.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_dbrs-sct.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_exp-sct.tbm' ...
SCRIPTING: Inititialization complete.
SCRIPTING: Splash screen overrides checked
SCRIPTING: Splash hook has been run
SCRIPTING: Splash screen conditional hook has been run
Using high memory settings...
Wokka!  Error opening file (interface.tbl)!
WMCGUI: Unable to parse 'interface.tbl'!  Error code = 5.
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_effects-sdf.tbm' ...
Windows reported 16 joysticks, we found 0
Current soundtrack set to -1 in event_music_reset_choices
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_music-mus.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_effects-mfl.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'fs1_effects-mfl.tbm' ...
Wokka!  Error opening file (armor.tbl)!
TABLES: Unable to parse 'armor.tbl'!  Error code = 5.
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_effects-amr.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_effects-wxp.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'fs1_effects-wxp.tbm' ...
BMPMAN: Found EFF (exp20.eff) with 75 frames at 20 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (ExpMissileHit1.eff) with 92 frames at 20 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (exp04.eff) with 49 frames at 22 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (exp05.eff) with 93 frames at 20 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (exp06.eff) with 92 frames at 22 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (capflash.eff) with 40 frames at 10 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (Maxim_Impact.eff) with 23 frames at 30 fps.
ANI Lamprey_Impact with size 80x80 (37.5% wasted)
ANI Avenger_Impact with size 80x80 (37.5% wasted)
ANI Leech_Impact with size 80x80 (37.5% wasted)
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_core-wep.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_effects-wep.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_assets-wep.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'railguncycle-wep.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'fs1_beampierce-wep.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'fs1_effects-wep.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'fs1_primaries-wep.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'fs1_shockwave-wep.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'fs1_missiles-wep.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'fs1_tech-wep.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'fsport-aip.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_effects-obt.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'Sath-shp.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_core-shp.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_effects-shp.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_assets-shp.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'radar-shp.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'fsport-turretangles-shp.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'fsport-resetmodels-shp.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'fsport-abtrails-shp.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'HTLHades-shp.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'fs1_models-shp.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'fs1_shockwave-shp.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'fs1_trails-shp.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_core-hdg.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'fsport-reticle-hdg.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_root-hdg.tbm' ...
ANI support1 with size 108x24 (25.0% wasted)
ANI damage1 with size 148x25 (21.9% wasted)
ANI wingman1 with size 71x53 (17.2% wasted)
ANI wingman2 with size 35x53 (17.2% wasted)
ANI wingman3 with size 14x53 (17.2% wasted)
ANI toggle1 with size 57x20 (37.5% wasted)
ANI head1 with size 164x132 (48.4% wasted)
ANI weapons1 with size 126x20 (37.5% wasted)
ANI weapons1_b with size 150x20 (37.5% wasted)
ANI objective1 with size 149x21 (34.4% wasted)
ANI energy1 with size 12x41 (35.9% wasted)
ANI targetview1 with size 137x156 (39.1% wasted)
ANI targetview2 with size 4x96 (25.0% wasted)
ANI targetview3 with size 7x20 (37.5% wasted)
ANI 2_radar1 with size 209x170 (33.6% wasted)
ANI 2_energy2_fs1 with size 85x96 (25.0% wasted)
ANI 2_reticle1_fs1 with size 40x24 (25.0% wasted)
ANI targhit1 with size 31x21 (34.4% wasted)
ANI 2_leftarc_fs1 with size 77x139 (45.7% wasted)
ANI 2_toparc1_fs1 with size 251x59 (7.8% wasted)
ANI 2_toparc2_fs1 with size 31x34 (46.9% wasted)
ANI 2_toparc3_fs1 with size 30x34 (46.9% wasted)
ANI netlag1 with size 29x30 (6.3% wasted)
ANI 2_lead1_fs1 with size 40x40 (37.5% wasted)
ANI 2_lock1_fs1 with size 46x46 (28.1% wasted)
ANI 2_lockspin_fs1 with size 51x51 (20.3% wasted)
ANI time1 with size 47x23 (28.1% wasted)
ANI 2_rightarc1_fs1 with size 79x139 (45.7% wasted)
ANI 2_rightarc4_fs1 with size 43x43 (32.8% wasted)
ANI 2_rightarc5_fs1 with size 43x43 (32.8% wasted)
ANI 2_rightarc6_fs1 with size 43x43 (32.8% wasted)
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_effects-str.tbm' ...
loading animated cursor "cursor"
ANI cursor with size 18x24 (25.0% wasted)
MediaVPs: Flaming debris script loaded!
MediaVPs: Explosions script loaded!
Ships.tbl is : INVALID!!!!
Weapons.tbl is : INVALID!!!!
cfile_init() took 1158
Got event GS_EVENT_GAME_INIT (49) in state NOT A VALID STATE (0)
ANI cursor.ani with size 18x24 (25.0% wasted)
Got event GS_EVENT_MAIN_MENU (0) in state GS_STATE_INITIAL_PLAYER_SELECT (37)
Someone passed an extension to bm_load for file '47thredshirts.pcx'
ANI 2_main1-m1.ani with size 298x368 (28.1% wasted)
ANI 2_main1-m2.ani with size 187x224 (12.5% wasted)
ANI 2_main1-d1.ani with size 110x123 (3.9% wasted)
ANI 2_main1-d6.ani with size 91x72 (43.8% wasted)
ANI 2_main1-d3.ani with size 234x210 (18.0% wasted)
ANI 2_main1-d4.ani with size 293x165 (35.5% wasted)
ANI 2_main1-d5.ani with size 136x234 (8.6% wasted)
ANI 2_main1-d2.ani with size 163x118 (7.8% wasted)
Frame  0 too long!!: frametime = 0.331 (0.331)
Got event GS_EVENT_TECH_MENU (11) in state GS_STATE_MAIN_MENU (1)
Techroom successfully initialized, now changing tab...
Loading model 'fighter01.pof'
IBX: Found a good IBX to read for 'fighter01.pof'.
IBX-DEBUG => POF checksum: 0x3503498e, IBX checksum: 0x8f5f3d48 -- "fighter01.pof"
Frame  0 too long!!: frametime = 0.866 (0.866)
Frame  0 too long!!: frametime = 0.378 (0.378)
Got event GS_EVENT_SIMULATOR_ROOM (58) in state GS_STATE_TECH_MENU (7)
Freeing all existing models...
Frame  0 too long!!: frametime = 4.683 (4.683)
Got event GS_EVENT_START_GAME (1) in state GS_STATE_SIMULATOR_ROOM (20)
=================== STARTING LEVEL LOAD ==================
ANI 2_Loading with size 824x43 (32.8% wasted)
ANI 2_Loading.ani with size 824x43 (32.8% wasted)
Starting model page in...
Beginning level bitmap paging...
BMPMAN: Found EFF (particleexp01.eff) with 10 frames at 8 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (particlesmoke01.eff) with 54 frames at 15 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (particlesmoke02.eff) with 39 frames at 24 fps.
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_effects-fbl.tbm' ...
BMPMAN: Found EFF (WarpMap01.eff) with 30 frames at 30 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (WarpMap02.eff) with 30 frames at 30 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (Rock_Exp.eff) with 55 frames at 30 fps.
Loading warp model
Loading model 'warp.pof'
IBX: Found a good IBX to read for 'warp.pof'.
IBX-DEBUG => POF checksum: 0xbf802ad0, IBX checksum: 0xe7aa5a55 -- "warp.pof"
BMPMAN: Found EFF (shieldhit01a.eff) with 23 frames at 21 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (shieldhit02a.eff) with 45 frames at 30 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (shieldhit03a.eff) with 22 frames at 30 fps.
SHOCKWAVE =>  Loading default shockwave animation...
SHOCKWAVE =>  Default animation load: SUCCEEDED!!
MISSION LOAD: 'W-Gauntlet'
Starting mission message count : 177
Ending mission message count : 182
Current soundtrack set to -1 in event_music_reset_choices
Loading model 'fighter01.pof'
IBX: Found a good IBX to read for 'fighter01.pof'.
IBX-DEBUG => POF checksum: 0x3503498e, IBX checksum: 0x8f5f3d48 -- "fighter01.pof"
Loading model 'cruiser02.pof'
IBX: Found a good IBX to read for 'cruiser02.pof'.
IBX-DEBUG => POF checksum: 0xa3d48e96, IBX checksum: 0x5c49d25f -- "cruiser02.pof"
Submodel 'turret02b' is detail level 1 of 'turret02a'
Submodel 'turret01b' is detail level 1 of 'turret01a'
Loading model 'cruiser01.pof'
IBX: Found a good IBX to read for 'cruiser01.pof'.
IBX-DEBUG => POF checksum: 0x13dc2d00, IBX checksum: 0x2dbed800 -- "cruiser01.pof"
Submodel 'cruiser01b-hull' is detail level 1 of 'cruiser01a-hull'
Submodel 'cruiser01c-hull' is detail level 2 of 'cruiser01a-hull'
Submodel 'cruiser01d-hull' is detail level 3 of 'cruiser01a-hull'
Submodel 'turret09b-01-main' is detail level 1 of 'turret09a-01-main'
Submodel 'turret09c-01-main' is detail level 2 of 'turret09a-01-main'
Submodel 'turret09d-01-main' is detail level 3 of 'turret09a-01-main'
Submodel 'turret09b-02-sub' is detail level 1 of 'turret09a-02-sub'
Submodel 'turret09c-02-sub' is detail level 2 of 'turret09a-02-sub'
Submodel 'radar01b-dish' is detail level 1 of 'radar01a-dish'
Submodel 'radar01c-dish' is detail level 2 of 'radar01a-dish'
Submodel 'radar01d-dish' is detail level 3 of 'radar01a-dish'
Loading model 'cruiser01x.pof'
IBX: Found a good IBX to read for 'cruiser01x.pof'.
IBX-DEBUG => POF checksum: 0xd2d59346, IBX checksum: 0x152fa60b -- "cruiser01x.pof"
Submodel 'radar01d-dish' is detail level 3 of 'radar01a-dish'
Submodel 'radar01c-dish' is detail level 2 of 'radar01a-dish'
Submodel 'radar01b-dish' is detail level 1 of 'radar01a-dish'
Submodel 'turret09d-01-main' is detail level 3 of 'turret09a-01-main'
Submodel 'turret09c-01-main' is detail level 2 of 'turret09a-01-main'
Submodel 'turret09b-01-main' is detail level 1 of 'turret09a-01-main'
Submodel 'turret09c-02-sub' is detail level 2 of 'turret09a-02-sub'
Submodel 'turret09b-02-sub' is detail level 1 of 'turret09a-02-sub'
Loading model 'cruiser03.pof'
IBX: Found a good IBX to read for 'cruiser03.pof'.
IBX-DEBUG => POF checksum: 0xf9cc8638, IBX checksum: 0x54166f9f -- "cruiser03.pof"
Loading model 'cruiser03x.pof'
IBX: Found a good IBX to read for 'cruiser03x.pof'.
IBX-DEBUG => POF checksum: 0x80451365, IBX checksum: 0x73747fea -- "cruiser03x.pof"
Loading model 'capital04.pof'
BMPMAN: Found EFF (capital04-02-glow.eff) with 37 frames at 15 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (capital04-03-glow.eff) with 37 frames at 20 fps.
Potential problem found: Unrecognized subsystem type 'fighterbay 1', believed to be in ship capital04.pof
Potential problem found: Unrecognized subsystem type 'fighterbay 2', believed to be in ship capital04.pof
IBX: Found a good IBX to read for 'capital04.pof'.
IBX-DEBUG => POF checksum: 0xdd0af35a, IBX checksum: 0xd5bbc0c7 -- "capital04.pof"
Submodel 'capital04b' is detail level 1 of 'capital04a'
Submodel 'capital04c' is detail level 2 of 'capital04a'
Submodel 'capital04d' is detail level 3 of 'capital04a'
Submodel 'turret03b-base' is detail level 1 of 'turret03a-base'
Submodel 'turret07b-base' is detail level 1 of 'turret07a-base'
Loading model 'capital02.pof'
Potential problem found: Unrecognized subsystem type 'reactor 4', believed to be in ship capital02.pof
Potential problem found: Unrecognized subsystem type 'reactor 5', believed to be in ship capital02.pof
Potential problem found: Unrecognized subsystem type 'reactor 3', believed to be in ship capital02.pof
Potential problem found: Unrecognized subsystem type 'reactor 2', believed to be in ship capital02.pof
Potential problem found: Unrecognized subsystem type 'reactor 1', believed to be in ship capital02.pof
Potential problem found: Unrecognized subsystem type 'fighterbay 1', believed to be in ship capital02.pof
Potential problem found: Unrecognized subsystem type 'fighterbay 2', believed to be in ship capital02.pof
Unknown special object type $baddaboom01-01 while reading model capital02.pof
Unknown special object type $baddaboom02-01 while reading model capital02.pof
IBX: Found a good IBX to read for 'capital02.pof'.
IBX-DEBUG => POF checksum: 0xd50a4925, IBX checksum: 0xb8859552 -- "capital02.pof"
Loading model 'capital05.pof'
Potential problem found: Unrecognized subsystem type 'fighterbay', believed to be in ship capital05.pof
IBX: Found a good IBX to read for 'capital05.pof'.
IBX-DEBUG => POF checksum: 0xc399c2f2, IBX checksum: 0x9f134fcf -- "capital05.pof"
Submodel 'turret03b' is detail level 1 of 'turret03a'
Submodel 'turret04b' is detail level 1 of 'turret04a'
Submodel 'turret05b' is detail level 1 of 'turret05a'
Submodel 'turret06b' is detail level 1 of 'turret06a'
Submodel 'turret07b' is detail level 1 of 'turret07a'
Loading model 'capital01.pof'
Potential problem found: Unrecognized subsystem type 'fighterbay', believed to be in ship capital01.pof
IBX: Found a good IBX to read for 'capital01.pof'.
IBX-DEBUG => POF checksum: 0x8e4830bc, IBX checksum: 0x4b14997f -- "capital01.pof"
Submodel 'turret01c' is detail level 2 of 'turret01a'
Submodel 'turret02c' is detail level 2 of 'turret02a'
Submodel 'turret03b' is detail level 1 of 'turret03a'
Submodel 'turret03c' is detail level 2 of 'turret03a'
Submodel 'turret04b' is detail level 1 of 'turret04a'
Submodel 'turret04c' is detail level 2 of 'turret04a'
Submodel 'turret05b' is detail level 1 of 'turret05a'
Submodel 'turret05c' is detail level 2 of 'turret05a'
Loading model 'Typhon.pof'
Potential problem found: Unrecognized subsystem type 'fighterbay 1', believed to be in ship Typhon.pof
Potential problem found: Unrecognized subsystem type 'fighterbay 2', believed to be in ship Typhon.pof
IBX: Found a good IBX to read for 'Typhon.pof'.
IBX-DEBUG => POF checksum: 0xb40cf996, IBX checksum: 0xd0c9bc39 -- "Typhon.pof"
Bad chunk type 134675971, len=-301138178 in model_octant_find_faces_sub
Int3(): From g:\fso\fs2_open_0\code\model\modeloctant.cpp at line 278

Zane
Glass - I've got the same problem. Try this, put the attached dds in fsport-mediavps/data/maps. It's just a replacement for glass.dds

Also have a look at the fighters in mediavps_3612. Do they have the same issue for you?   Excluding Herc2 as it has it's own glass texture.
FS2 MVPs don't have the problem. I'll see if removing everything Port related and redownloading / reinstalling the files does anything.

Edit: With a redownload, I made new folders and started the game again, and there's still holes in the Typhon and opaque glass on the fighters.
Edit2: No difference even with the mirror download of mv_fsport.vp.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 01:52:11 am by Commander Zane »

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Your mv_fsport.vp definitely has a different checksum from mine. Either you didn't DL the new mv_fsport.vp or the release post hasn't been updated with it. This is the source of at least your Typhon issues.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 04:06:31 am by MatthTheGeek »

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
The release thread is not updated, as I said I redownloaded that .vp five different times in a spread out duration, I downloaded it twice just now today from both the first link and the mirror. The release thread is not updated. Read on my posts where it says that I have redownloaded files more than once.