Author Topic: Help with 3D modelling  (Read 9639 times)

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Re: Help with 3D modelling
No dude, way too much work, don't do that :)  I do not have to like everything 100% :)
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Offline Karl

I am currently updating the arms and legs anyway... I have about 500 triangles to play with at the moment, the legs will be easy as they are basically a circle that bevels to a square, but the back of the arms is really getting me down!

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Hm, in case of the feet, may I suggest that you copy the argus feet ? Either that version, or the one I made on the owens. Both would fit the mech well imo.
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
    • http://gevatter_lars.tripod.com/
I remember quite a lot of Mechs but where does this one comes from?
"Yes! That is my plan, and I see nothing wrong with it. I figure that if I stick to a stupid strategy long enough it might start to work."
 - comment to "Robotech: The Masters"

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
I don't think that it was in any of the games, also I cannot really remember read about them in a book. But it's listed under "canon", so well...... :)

Seems to be a Clan mech:

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Lupus
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

Offline Karl

Its a second line mech so not as flash as the front liners, I wanted to add a mech that none else had attempted, and I also wanted something that looked a little different with a few angles

Offline Timerlane

• Overseer of Slag Determination
It's the 'Mech that the Hellfire(TRO 3067) was supposed to be based off of, a very old design modified as a testbed for the then-new Heavy Lasers.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Lupus hadn't even been statted-out until recently(for ED: Golden Century), and thus only "existed" as the footnote in the Hellfire's background text.

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
Thats why I haven't seen it, its not in the TROs.
I have kinda lost the overview since I have stopped active playing the game.
"Yes! That is my plan, and I see nothing wrong with it. I figure that if I stick to a stupid strategy long enough it might start to work."

Offline Karl

Fafnir and Lupus currently

Hellfire modeled

Revised Lupus

Just a few pics to let everyone who has helped know how I am getting on

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Like your Fafnir.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
All of them look pretty good.

Offline Karl

My mechs so far

The Argus looks great! The Mad Cat III, however, looks kind of smaller than I imagined it would be.
Here's the Champion model.

[attachment deleted by ninja]

Offline Karl

Mk3 is the same height as the bushwacker from memory, but its only 55t but I guess the argus is 60 and bigger hmm...
Thanks for the model

Offline Cipher

• Target verified, commencing hostilities!
maybe this is my BT thing kicking in, but... i would like it if all the DA crap was kept out please
What sad world do we live in, where we turn a serious post about a threatening virus into a free-for-all lol pic convention?

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Honestly, I'm not even sure what the DA stuff is (dark age ? ) I only know the games, and the books before and while the clan invasion. That's the universe I like, and what I want to see in the game myself. I've taken a look at some of those strange protomechs in the wiki, and to me it completly doesn't fit into what I like in Battletech. But since we are making the game more easily moddable, it's about to the modders in the end. I wont do it :)
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

Offline Cipher

protomechs when they came out were useful, but when bv 2.0 came around they became useless

and the Dark age stuff was made by wizkids (not exactly sure there) and the mad cat 3 happened to be part of that whole stupid time in the battletech universe.
What sad world do we live in, where we turn a serious post about a threatening virus into a free-for-all lol pic convention?

Offline ThorC

The protomechs were awesome, if you ever played the board game they were like battlearmor but could take as much damage as a light mech as well as being able to swarm heavys. I plan to make them, as well as all the other battlearmor types when i get some more experiance in the 3d modeling department. I really want to make infiltration/recon and assassination missions using only battlearmor. The protomechs were unleashed by clan smoke jaguar during the campaign on huntress, so thats were they fit in to the Battletech Universe. Karl, your Madcat 3 looks really cool. Ever thought about making the Rakshasa? (it's the innersphere version of the madcat)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 08:24:49 pm by ThorC »

Offline Karl

@ThorC yeah I have actually though about the Rakshasa, regarding you models I think you are doing well, I was at the same point as you are about 2-3 months ago and now I feel I have enough skill to at least make a mech (lets be honest they are relatively block like especially on the levels of detail we are after here), so you are well on the way to making Protomechs etc
@Cipher I am not well versed in BT lore (I generally know what is happening in the universe without knowing details about specific story lines), I liked the look of the MkIII so thats why I added it, not because it was a DA mech, though I am interested in knowing why you think the DA time period is stupid? I dont know much about it and I am curious

Offline Cipher

ok, whizkids made a variant of btech called mechwarrior dark age, which was a "ready to play from the box" game, they said it was easy to learn and play, but all you had were the game pieces on circular bases that made no sense, and confused you even more.

and the story behind the dark age (from what i could figure out) is that some group in 3120ish destroyed a lot of HPGs, and the inner sphere is in even more disarray. In a nutshell, the entire story arc has problems, and doesn't make any sense to me at all, and most battletech fans hated MWDA and the story arc with it too.

but im generally a 2750-3067 guy when it comes to the BT story and such, so you could ignore me when it involves the dark age stuff, cause i have nothing nice to say about that.