Author Topic: Help with 3D modelling  (Read 9634 times)

Offline Arcalane

• Wait, I'm supposed to use evasive maneuvers?
    • Wyrdysm Games Forums
Re: Help with 3D modelling
From sarna.net;

The Dark Age began with the blackout (as opposed to the Jihad's whiteout) of 80% the HPG network on August 7th of 3132. Humanity was suddenly thrust back into the early days of space travel where FTL communication was not possible and messages had to be couriered by JumpShips. This made command and control of armed forces and the governing of the Inner Sphere empires very difficult, if not impossible. Just two years earlier, Devlin Stone, founder of the Republic of the Sphere, retired and vanished, promising that he will return when the Republic needs him the most.

As for the Mk3; we've already got the classic, and the upcoming Mk2. I don't think we need to muddy the waters with another 'Cat/Wolf, to be honest. Everything else is looking good so far though.
Don't think, Mechwarrior. Find out.

Offline magic

I think entire Dark Age story is "ugly".

They put mass murderers, mad dictators, jihad and nuclear weapons in a bag and that suppose to be interesting. :confused:

I dont want to know more about DA and I dont care but I like this "small cat" design.

Offline Arcalane

• Wyrdysm Games Forums
Yeah, the Dark Age does seem to be a bit of a mess. I guess they wanted to spice things up a bit and make it more appealing to younger players.

The MC/TW Mk II seems to be another product of it, alongside the fairly bizarre MC MkIV "Savage Wolf" and Vulture MkIV.

As long as the Deimos shows up at some point though, I'm happy.

Offline Karl

Demios looks do able... I will add it to my list
The next three mechs I will be adding (I target 3 mechs per release) I think will be Uziel, Hellfire and Naga (thought I may also add the Linebacker and Sunder to the list as I am waiting to get meshes from other people for these mechs)
I guess at some stage I will have to do the savage wolf and my initial plan was to have all the madcats and field mixed class cat armies!

Regarding DA, from what I understand of it now I am beginning to agree that the story line is thin (well at least the over arching story), sounds like "hey we need more battles/conflicts in the universe quick!, hey I know lets effectively start heaps of turf wars by quickly redrawing the boarders by cutting communication to um... everywhere"

Offline Cipher

• Target verified, commencing hostilities!
don't you think that would be a little bit, you know, redundant... you already have the Timber Wolf, Mad Cat MkII, and the Mad Cat 3 (which all are different sizes) the Mad Cat 4 however, is just a straight copy of the Timber Wolf D (Timber Wolf B in MCO), but it just looks different.

this is just me, but i don't think the Mad Cat 4 would add anything
What sad world do we live in, where we turn a serious post about a threatening virus into a free-for-all lol pic convention?

Did my Champion make it into the game?

Offline Arcalane

• Wyrdysm Games Forums
don't you think that would be a little bit, you know, redundant... you already have the Timber Wolf, Mad Cat MkII, and the Mad Cat 3 (which all are different sizes) the Mad Cat 4 however, is just a straight copy of the Timber Wolf D (Timber Wolf B in MCO), but it just looks different.

this is just me, but i don't think the Mad Cat 4 would add anything

This is what I was trying to point out regarding the III. Although the MkIV might actually be useful if it's special features like the gun and missile pod rotation could be pulled off. But I doubt the game engine can do that right now.

The Mk II feels like a solid and reasonable upgrade, but the Mk III feels like a cheap attempt to cash in on the Mad Cat/TWolf's popularity. There are other mechs that are surely more deserving of time in the spotlight.

Offline Cipher

There are other mechs that are surely more deserving of time in the spotlight.

*cough*Marauder II :D
What sad world do we live in, where we turn a serious post about a threatening virus into a free-for-all lol pic convention?

Offline ThorC

Cough, (Akuma) Cough Cough(Black Knight), Cough(Guillotine,Grizzly,Piranha,Cerberus,Stooping Hawk)  :)

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
I thought we already have a marauder II :) And the Black Knight is definitly on my list. Not that I like the mech that much, but since it has such an appearance in MW4, i think it must be included. ;)
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Offline Cipher

I thought we already have a marauder II :)
i think you're talking about the marauder IIC which is the 85 ton clan marauder, the marauder II is a 100 ton marauder with jumpjets
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 03:10:29 pm by Cipher »

Offline ThorC

i believe that model cannot be used due to court issue's.

Offline Arcalane

• Wyrdysm Games Forums
i believe that model cannot be used due to court issue's.

In for-profit works, yes. It gets a lot fuzzier (or maybe not) when it comes to not-for-profit works.

I believe the redesigned IIC would be legal in for-profit works - the original Marauder and Marauder II are not. The Marauder IIC currently in OmniTech is an 85t Assault - the normal Marauder is a 75t Heavy, both use the original "Unseen"-style designs.

Offline Cipher

It gets a lot fuzzier (or maybe not) when it comes to not-for-profit works.

take a look at mektek's mekpack for mw4, the marauder and marauder II in it are very similar to the unseen marauder 1 and 2

Offline SypheDMar

• Student, Volunteer, Savior
    • Minecraft
Doesn't MegaMek use Unseen designs as well? It should be okay for you guys, then.

The general consensus has been that non-profit works like mods can use the Unseen to their hearts content. Someone already mentioned the Mekpak patches for Mercs - their versions of the Unseen are extremely close to the originals, and they have yet to hit any legal snafus. I think you're safe.

Offline Karl

@RavenIIC Still got the Champ in the zip file, its in line ;)

More generally... Yeah I guess you (the collective you) are right Mk4 is not necessary, its just a face lift (not a very nice one at that)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 04:39:31 pm by Karl »

Thanks for keeping my Champion in line!