Author Topic: No voice in Freespace Port  (Read 1630 times)

Offline Ian79

No voice in Freespace Port
Hello !

This is my very first post. In a moment of nostalgy, I was searching for some Wing Commander kind of games and ended up reading about Freespace.

Here I am, having installed FS2, Knossos, and the mod Freespace Port (with MediaVPs).

Things seem to work fine, except there is no voice in the game. Maybe it's normal, but I suspect I have a problem...

Hence my question, is there some voices in the game ? If so, how could I get them ?

Thanks a lot for any help.

Ian

Offline Ian79

Re: No voice in Freespace Port
Well... in the end I just played the game without voices. Still a good game to play once.

Will start Freespace 2 now where voices seem to work normally.

BTW, it's really a good job that has been done by the developers here. Besides that voice problem, installation is easy and it works really well. Credits for that...

Offline Antares

• Author of The Shivan Manifesto
I apologize that no one took the time to answer your question, we obviously suck. :ick:

In the FSPort campaign menu under Knossos, look for an option that says "Modify" (I don't have Knossos installed right now, so I'm not absolutely certain where this is; it might be under FSO Options). This will open a list of all the files and optional components that are either currently installed or can be installed by the mod. Look for an option to install voices there, or something similar to "stu_fs1.vp", as that's the file containing the voices for the campaign.

Also check the in-game options menu to make sure that you have briefing voices enabled, as that's a separate toggle.
We have returned to continue our purification of this galaxy. It is again your turn to be crushed beneath the great force that is the Antaran army. All your petty squabbling with the other beings in this galaxy is meaningless. The Antaran fleet will destroy you all, one by one. You may not surrender. You cannot win. Your only option is death.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
What Antares said.  The voice is supposed to be installed by default, but sometimes it isn't.

Glad you're able to make progress nonetheless. :yes:

And
:welcome:

Offline Ian79

Yes no worries.

I just finished Freespace 2. Really good game indeed. I found it superior to FS1. WC Prophecy is still my favorite game of the kind but I'd put Freespace 2 right behind.

I take the opportunity to thank again all the people that have worked on making this game such good after all those years. It really looks good actually.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
You're welcome!  Thanks for the kind words.

Please check out some of the other mods available on Knossos.  There is a handy quick reference campaign list here.