Author Topic: RELEASE - Operations (version obselete, check thread for link to new version)  (Read 23525 times)

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
RELEASE - Operations (version obselete, check thread for link to new version)
YOU ARE CLARK'S ELITE

yeah, the badguys :D.

VERSION OBSELETE! Go here: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=66063.0

This is the (maybe not the last) Operations Pack, which includes three TBP multiplayer campaigns of warring difficulty and style. The campaigns force the players to work together and especially to fulfill the objectives Command orders them to do, voice-acting is there of course. SinglePlayer version is included too now.

Feedback and problem reports go in here.

Update: Operations 2.0 has been released, fixing complains, including the respawn limit of zero  :lol:. Also, there is a new Mission 1 for the Operation Isolation, as well as new balancing and AI behaviour for all missions.
Note to all who were involved in the testing or participated in a TBP multiplayer night: Clean your TBP/data/missions folder before playing this one. Also, I recommend restarting an already started SinglePlayer Operation.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 11:46:50 am by Vidmaster »
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Re: RELEASE - Operations (TBP, multi only)
Is it possible to play this in single-player mode? Because for the life of me, I can't get TBP multiplayer to work. (Not that I could find enough people to play it with if I could anyways, but that's a rant for another day)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
There's a multi game every Thursday.

I didn't notice this until this morning. Pity or we could have tried it out yesterday.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Vidmaster

yeah, just not this version. I put it together quickly hoping that people would try it out this evening.
Redownload and rejoice, single player is here.

TO ALL PEOPLE WHO TRY THIS OUT: Check your mission folder (tbp/data/missions) in case you have already played these campaigns with me while they were in testing phase. If there are missions of the Operation Campaigns, delete them, otherwise they will override this new versions.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 09:32:41 am by Vidmaster »

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline Vidmaster

okay, is uploaded. Have fun.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
File-size please? I might play it on my Lan next weekend..
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Vidmaster

the unpacked file has roughly 50MB, the package 35. However, the missions themselves hardly cross the 1MB.

Offline Vidmaster

Just one wrong message and one glitch. Good so far.

Keep'em coming  :)

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Just one wrong message and one glitch. Good so far.

Keep'em coming  :)

I haven't had time to take a good look at it yet.    :p
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Vidmaster

removed glitches and uploaded new version.

Offline Vidmaster

feeling kind of disappointed here, no one posts. Does no one like it?  :rolleyes:

anyway, Mirror 1 is back up.

Offline rbxplayer

• A bit tight with RL at the moment
same for me... sorry... RL is taking too much time... Working till 9pm everyday
Ijja l-mewt li taghmilna bnedmin jew l-imhabba?

Offline Vidmaster

hey ahm...          :nervous:     

DID ANYONE PLAY IT?

hey ahm...          :nervous:     

DID ANYONE PLAY IT?

Huh? I have to play this? Sorry, i thought the download is enough *gg*

At the moment i haven't many time for Freespace :( So a no from me, but i hope i can play it in one of the following days :)
Shivan here, Shivan there, Shivan everywhere.

My english isn't very well, so sorry for a few mistakes.

FreeSpace Let's Plays on my Channel:
| The Great War | Silent Threat | Operation Templar | Silent Threat: Reborn | Shivans - Phantoms | Shivans - Echo Gate | Shrouding the Light: Origins | Shrouding the Light | Cardinal Spear | Cardinal Spear: Vega | Awakenings | The Destiny of Peace | Between the Ashes: Mefistofele

Oh there's a SP version now? I thought it was only Multi. You mgight want to change the title, most people who looked probably assume it's still multi. I know I did.
Though my TBP isn't very stable for some reason, it likes to crash, probably because my vid card sucks.

Offline Vidmaster

Re: RELEASE - Operations (single and multiplayer version)
uploaded the new Operations 2.0 Beta, fixing many complains.

Offline Vidmaster

Re: RELEASE - Operations (single and multiplayer version)
okay, that Beta is buggy. Will fix it  :(

EDIT: Fixed.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 12:30:50 pm by Vidmaster »

Offline Vidmaster

Operations 2.0 has been released.

Offline Vidmaster

Re: RELEASE - Operations (update 12/3/08)
and there are still bugs, as we have found out yesterday. CRAP!

In the future, I am sticking to single player campaigns  :ick:

Re: RELEASE - Operations (update 12/3/08)
Fak is it just me or are the missions a little hard? I'm playing Operation . . . Sealion or something. Takes place in a big pink fuzzy nebula.

Anyway, here's mission 2:

Spoiler:
Supposed to disable Vorchan.
Okay, so . .  I play the mission on meduim about 32 times. Two times, I managed to both disable and disarm it. The rest of the time, the Sentris blew the crap out of me. Only when I told everyone to cover me do I finally survive a little longer.

Anyway, so that goal is accomplished and then in comes the Schwarz! Schwarz declares "take out some of those turrets on the Primus, lend us some cover."
2 seconds later the Turrets on the Primus open fire.
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

Schwarz is destroyed.

What the hell am I supposed to do here? Disable and disarm BOTH ships? I can barely live long enough to disable the one ship. Maybe if I could kill the fighter bay on the primus but they're always invulnerable for some reason despite having a damage stat.

Also I hate fighting sentris. I can't hit **** with the damn Starfury and the Sentri always beats the crap out of me. That and the Starfuries gun is crap, it runs out of power in like 5 seconds even with full energy to guns and takes like 40 hits to just disable the Vorchan's engine.

But anyway.