Author Topic: FSDoc Updates/Suggestions  (Read 172843 times)

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
You should be able to click on the "Password Forgotten" link, no?
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I was actualyl thinking of writting a compressed FS2Info file, but since I'm busy with my campaign, I have no idea if I will ever write it...
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Originally posted by Sandwich
You should be able to click on the "Password Forgotten" link, no?

WHAT password forgotten link? Where? I'm looking right at the sign-in page, and I don't see one.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Originally posted by ngtm1r

WHAT password forgotten link? Where? I'm looking right at the sign-in page, and I don't see one.

....oh. Hmm. Wow. That really sucks. I could have sworn there was a link there, but I can't find it now. Stupid, messed-up system... :hopping: :ick:
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
The Wiki's fighting me again. Unable to log into my old account, I decide to creat a new one, finish off those last Terran Fighters, and add comments on the rest from a more "gameplay" perspective.

It's not letting me. I remember it requires at least two capital letters and two words, and am following those rules. What else is there?

EDIT: Wonder of wonders...it seems I have someone logged into my old Wiki account without intending to. Scratch post.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2005, 03:47:58 pm by 2191 »

A Feddie Story

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
Just thought I'd warn folks in case somebody wanders into the Wiki and wonders "What the hell happened here!?!"

I've added commentary from a player's perspective (clearly marked as such) to most of the FS1/FS2 combatant ships and player-useable weapons.

I'm also currently working on a listing for the capital craft of "Known Ships of the Class", and their fate if they met it ingame. As of now I think it's comprehensive for the Orion, Typhon, Mentu, and Deimos classes. I'm working through FS2 again to make a list of all the crusiers, Sobeks, and Molochs in the Main Campaign. Then I'll be doing the Port to get the cruisers from there...

A Feddie Story

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I did something like that a while ago:
http://home.comcast.net/~cp5670/fs2sd.rtf

It's been a long time but I think it has everything from all the official Volition missions. Feel free to use the info if you want.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Originally posted by ngtm1r
I'm also currently working on a listing for the capital craft of "Known Ships of the Class", and their fate if they met it ingame. As of now I think it's comprehensive for the Orion, Typhon, Mentu, and Deimos classes. I'm working through FS2 again to make a list of all the crusiers, Sobeks, and Molochs in the Main Campaign. Then I'll be doing the Port to get the cruisers from there...

*points to siggy*

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
His looks nicer but mine is more comprehensive. :D

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Deja vu. I remember having this debate a few years ago. :)

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I remember it too, now that you mention it. It feels like ages ago now.

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
Re: FSDoc Updates/Suggestions
The Wiki porting is still going on, I hope, because a lot of stuff has been lost if the old Wiki got nuked completely.

And I'm an obsessive detail freak. :P I want to see each ship for myself so I can make absolutely sure. I've learned not to trust other people's sources unfortunately. :/
« Last Edit: November 11, 2005, 07:46:08 pm by ngtm1r »

A Feddie Story

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
We also now have FS Wiki Forum if you haven't seen it by now. :)

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
In which this thread now belongs. ;)
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Can someone with access to the basic layout tools alter the background colour for the category boxes? See the bottom of ships.tbl to see what I mean.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Making the background of the fixed-width boxes a little easier on the eyes wouldn't hurt either.
-C

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
    • Visit the TI homepage!
They at least have black text in them, so they're easy enough to read. The Category box is all pink links.
Rarely Updated P3D.

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Yeah, they're not as bad, but the text boxes seem like they could still be a bit less...glaring. But maybe it's just my monitor.
-C

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Is Lonestar due back any time soon? I feel like I should be collaborating with someone on some of this stuff - I've been making a lot of changes without any real consensus of late after all...
Rarely Updated P3D.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Is Lonestar due back any time soon? I feel like I should be collaborating with someone on some of this stuff - I've been making a lot of changes without any real consensus of late after all...
Well, that's the idea of a Wiki. :D AFAIK, Lonestar is too busy with RL to be involved with HLP any more, so the Wiki has no central management (unless someone wants to step up to the plate).  Not that that's a bad thing, of course.  The forumites will just have to accept the responsibility of doing a good job with their respective edits. :)