Author Topic: Recent Edits  (Read 3355 times)

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Guys, slooooooow down.  Use the Preview button before you submit anything.  Also, make sure you comment your edits.  The recent flood of zillions of uncommented edits is hard to moderate; and it's tedious wading through five comments in a row that should have been caught long before the page was submitted.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I understand about the preview button, but sometimes I'm in a rush and forget to reread it, then read it a second later, realize it's wrong and have to re-edit it.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
I understand about the preview button, but sometimes I'm in a rush and forget to reread it, then read it a second later, realize it's wrong and have to re-edit it.

Same thing for me.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Fair enough.  Can we try not to do it in the future?

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
:nervous:  I have pity on whoever is/was moderating the KJ's FAQ > Wiki that I'm doing.
* jr2 runs, submitting 3 edits per second on the once in a blue moon that he works on KJ's FAQ.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Fair enough.  Can we try not to do it in the future?

Yes, sir.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
Basically, if you make a zillion edits in a row, they are about the exact same thing. Adding name origins, correcting spelling mistakes (I will now start correcting "godess" to "goddess" in a few minutes). If you take a look at one of the edits, you will get an idea what the others are about.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
Is there a need for a separate 'bot' account for making mass edits?

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Setting_user_rights_in_MediaWiki#bot
Do not meddle in the affairs of coders for they are soggy and hard to light

Offline Snail

• SC 5
The latest of TopAce's edits was the replacement of Manuverability with Maneuverability. Good job. :yes:

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Basically, if you make a zillion edits in a row, they are about the exact same thing. Adding name origins, correcting spelling mistakes (I will now start correcting "godess" to "goddess" in a few minutes). If you take a look at one of the edits, you will get an idea what the others are about.
Okay, doing it that way is a good compromise.

What I'm concerned about are the people who never comment their edits at all, or forget to comment them.  (This occasionally includes me, so I'm not singling anyone out.)