Author Topic: Adding the campaign list  (Read 7052 times)

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Re: Adding the campaign list
I did add it for you, but seeing that the page still hasn't improved, that was clearly a mistake.

You should be the one taking responsibility for adding your campaign to the wiki if you want people to notice it. If you want to force people to dig through the Missions and Campaigns or whatever forum to find it that's your prerogative. (I've never heard of your campaign, and I'm really just accepting your word that it's actually yours; I didn't bother to check before I updated the description) Especially if you want your campaign represented a certain way.

And I'm directing this at all campaign makers, not just you, although it seems that most of them couldn't care less how their campaigns are represented in the wiki. The only FREDders I recognize here are Goober and karajorma, who are already doing a lot more for the community than just FREDding.

And frankly I can't see why you wouldn't enjoy writing about your own campaign. You clearly have some creative interest or you wouldn't be making it, and I hope you're proud of what you did, at least enough to want to tell people about it.

The negativity is fully intended. I for one am somewhat embarrassed that I can't tell people about this place and expect them to get involved, because you have to already be a part of the community to know where to look for most of this information.
-C

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Ack.  I just went to add the campaigns I work on, and I was stymied by the complexity of the table.  Is there a template or something we could use to make it less gibberish-y?

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
Done. Is it now any better?

The campaign list now uses templates. And i included a link to page where the instructions on how to use the template can be found.
Do not meddle in the affairs of coders for they are soggy and hard to light

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
we are all allowed to add campaigns? okay, starting  :)
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Done. Is it now any better?
Better, yes. :) Still not as good as the text-based list, but getting there.