Author Topic: A couple of things  (Read 3056 times)

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
I had an issue today with the word Apocalypse, and I wonder if a disambiguation template might be in order?

Also, I was wondering if anyone would object to me making a Blue Planet ships category.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
About the first issue: There is already a disambiguation page template, however I didn't think it was applicable to this particular situation. Instead what I did was move the Apocalypse article for the mission to its original location and added a simple "This article is about the mission from the main campaign. For the weapon from Blue Planet, see Apocalypse (torpedo)." note at the top. I assume most people would be looking for the canon mission.

About the second issue, I'd be all for creating a new category for Blue Planet ships.

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
Thank you kindly!

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Say, Mars, should the same category be used for individual ships, or just for ship classes?

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
We should probably put both on there, IMO.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
Yeah, that sounds like a good plan.

I was actually wondering if I should make a list of all the warships used in Blue Planet al la the one for Freespace 2.

Offline Droid803

Sure, I mean, INFR1 has one.
(´・ω・`)

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
That must be a long list.

Offline Droid803

(´・ω・`)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I was actually wondering if I should make a list of all the warships used in Blue Planet al la the one for Freespace 2.
That would be awesome. And maybe people would actually use it.

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
lol, I appear to have pushed  TopAce's buttons. Or maybe his typing just 'sounds' pissed. I'll write lines: "I shall follow the capitalization conventions."

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
I'm not pleased, but please use sentence capitalization for titles. Capitalize the initial letter and proper nouns only. So It's "Blue Planet ship database", "List of GTD Orion destroyers that survived the Terran-Vasudan War" etc.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
I'm not pleased, but please use sentence capitalization for titles. Capitalize the initial letter and proper nouns only. So It's "Blue Planet ship database", "List of GTD Orion destroyers that survived the Terran-Vasudan War" etc.

I was using the Freespace 2 Ship Database as an exact template. I do apologize for not following proper convention, but it was a replication of a very old error. I honestly was not trying to cause a move war, I was honestly trying to follow the convention.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 06:14:23 pm by Mars »

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
Unless there's something else troubling you?

Offline Snail

• SC 5
CP5670's list was made before the capitalization convention became widely adopted, (it remains an unofficial thing anyway) back when the Wiki was still the FSDoc (I think) which explains why it and a few other old articles don't follow the convention.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
I'm not pleased...

Oh... I meant "pissed." I don't know why I typed it as "pleased." :lol:
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Pissed TopAce is not pleased! :P

Okay about the ship listings, should "Actions:" have its own sub-listing within it with double-indented bullets, or should it be like the regular ship database where the actions are all single-indented bullets?

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
Oh... I meant "pissed." I don't know why I typed it as "pleased." :lol:

I literally laughed out loud. I was wondering what you were so displeased about.
Okay about the ship listings, should "Actions:" have its own sub-listing within it with double-indented bullets, or should it be like the regular ship database where the actions are all single-indented bullets?

I think the lack of a top *Actions font made sense when most ships only saw one mission. In Blue Planet more  ships seem to have a longer list of actions, and it doesn't really add much more clutter or effort to have the top bullet.

I actually made the current Terran one without looking at the UEF one you made - it depends on what people like more overall. I'm not going to work on this this Christmas but I'll start up again the 26th. If we decide to keep the *Actions bullet then I can go through and touch up the official ship databases as well.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
It shouldn't be hard at all to add.