Poll

Rate this Release:

Ground-breaking - Freespace wouldn't be the same without
Excellent - Everyone, go and download
Good - Recommended to most players
OK - A few people might like this
Bad - Waste of Time for everyone

Author Topic: [Release] Lightning Marshal 1-4, The Regulus Campaign, Operation: Savior  (Read 41913 times)

Offline Carnage

Re: [Release] Lightning Marshal 1-4, The Regulus Campaign, Operation: Savior
that works bud now I have the same error like the screenshot above. hud not correct, no reticle, light blinding in HUD

Offline fightermedic

• quite a nice guy, no really, i am
hi there, i have released the cockpits seperatly now
go here: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=84459.msg1687117
that should make your life easier
>>Fully functional cockpits for Freespace<<
>>Ships created by me<<
Campaigns revised/voice-acted by me:
Lightning Marshal 1-4, The Regulus Campaign, Operation: Savior, Operation: Crucible, Titan Rebellion, Fall of Epsilon Pegasi 1.1Aftermath 2.1,
Pandora's Box 2.2, Deep Blood

Other Campaigns I have participated in:
The Antagonist, Warzone, Phantoms & Echo-Gate

All the stuff I release is free to use or change in any way for everybody who likes to do so; take whatever you need

Wow.  I love the cockpit--especially how the gauges "stick" to it.  I've been running a cockpit mod for a couple years now but never have the gauges been able to stick.  Am I correct in assuming I can copy over the cockpits-hdg file to my cockpit mod directory to have them stick too using 3.6.18?

The campaign is fun, too.  Thanks!

Offline fightermedic

you know, you could have read the last post above yours :D
glad you like it
>>Ships created by me<<
Lightning Marshal 1-4, The Regulus Campaign, Operation: Savior, Operation: Crucible, Titan Rebellion, Fall of Epsilon Pegasi 1.1Aftermath 2.1,

All the stuff I release is free to use or change in any way for everybody who likes to do so; take whatever you need

So here's something strange... I used the Hercules finally in your campaign, The Lightning Marshal and my HUD is doubled.  Any other ship it is fine.  In the Hercules, though, I get the HUD stuck to the dash like it should be and then I get the traditional floating HUD as well--it is wacky and I dunno what could be causing it.

I have my normal cockpit mod disabled plus your cockpit-mod disabled and it still does it.  Any ideas?

Also, I installed your cockpit-mod as a separate mod rather than overwriting files, as well--so I can easily disable it.

edit:  I only have this problem in the Hercules.  No other ship has it.  What it looks like is the gun gauge and the boost gauge is doubled on each side as well as the hud border and every other instrument.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 09:37:21 pm by Mr_Blastman »

Problem fixed!  I found an errant hudgauges.tbl in my mediavps directory under data/tables.  I got rid of it, the problem went away.

Offline fightermedic

glad to hear it, that's why i couldn't find anything wrong then :)
>>Ships created by me<<

First of all thanks for the great campaign.

I've got one problem however. I'm now playing Operation Saviour and i can't help but notice that the missions are incredibly difficult with all the changes even on medium. I'm now at a mission where you have to face one destroyer, 2 corvettes and 2 cruisers. It's just impossible to stay alive in an Ursa. As soon as a herc decides your his target your dead already.

I don't know if it's supposed to be this difficult or there's some problem on my side. It also seems unbalanced that you only get 3 wings to attack a full battlegroup.

Offline fightermedic

poor naive boy :D believe me, the missions are incredibly easier now than before ;)
try this: first, take down the cruiser right above the orion, than the orion itself (the orion class is next to helpless against bombers, so concentrate all bombers on the cruiser first)
in most cases that should be enough to win the mission, you don't need to destroy all the vessels btw, your own capitals will do that well enough, go for the beams as a first priority
>>Ships created by me<<

I'm on "Killing Fields"  (LM4_06).  It's the mission in which you defend the Aenas while attacking the Jacobus.  Afterward, you attack some cruisers, one of which launches escape pods.  However, these escape pods are immediately destroyed (it appears to be via sexp), and the mission is unable to proceed.  I assume the mission ends when the escape pods make it to the docking bay, but since they're destroyed . . . it doesn't really matter, and nothing happens.  There's also no debriefing for when I jump out.

Offline fightermedic

i'll check it
>>Ships created by me<<

Offline CT27

I sent you a PM about this but I'm also having that same problem on the mission.  As soon as the second cruiser explodes the escape pods start to die too.

Offline fightermedic

yes, indeed, the way the mission is set up right now that sometimes happens
i will upload a fix later
>>Ships created by me<<

Offline CT27

Some more info:  this happened when I played the mission through the campaign and through the tech room (using Ctrl-shift-s).

A thought:  I had always destroyed the Fenris cruiser first and then the Leviathan.  Might it make a difference if I destroyed the Leviathan first and the escape pods then came from the Fenris?

Offline fightermedic

no it doesn't
i have already fixed the problem but didn't find the time to test out the changes yet
>>Ships created by me<<

Offline CT27

Just to be sure:

When your fix is officially ready, I assume it will be placed in this thread?

Offline fightermedic

of course
>>Ships created by me<<

Offline fightermedic

the patch on the first post is updated to 1.1
the problem with the escape pods should be fixed, as well as some minor problems in other missions
>>Ships created by me<<

Offline CT27

Thank you for the patch.  It worked and I was able to complete the mission officially.

Offline fightermedic

uploaded patch 1.2 with fixed cockpit fightershields
you can now re-enable environment maps without it causing you to fly blind!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 10:07:32 am by fightermedic »
>>Ships created by me<<