Author Topic: World of Warships - Now Available  (Read 276319 times)

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Re: World of Warships - Now Available
Got this on the skids:

shot 17 06 01 23 06 05 0007" border="0

Roughly based on a scheme worn by the QE in 43.

“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Roughly based on a scheme worn by the QE in 43.

That's very nice, did the real Hood never get her own camo pattern?

On a related note, I recently upgraded from Fiji to Edinburgh, but I cannot find any decent looking skin for her.
Neither Tanz nor Wyvern seem to have anything for her. Are there other places to look for, or are can the Belfast skin be repurposed?
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Not to my knowledge, Hood being the showboat of the RN got the short end of the stick on yard time.  She was due up for a major refit and was still sporting a plain gray paint when she had her fated encounter with Bismark.  Had she survived Denmark Strait she likely would have been given the same treatment as the Renown and the Elizabeths:

Offline Darius

I'm a little torn.

On one hand that refit would have made a pretty sweet fast battleship, if a bit long in the tooth.

On the other she would have likely faded into obscurity during the war and ended up as a scrap at wars conclusion without being as famous as she is now.

I missed most of the Bismarck missions, until I started playing again on Monday. I thought I would have time to finish them and get the ship, but I only made it to the last part of stage 6 this morning before basically falling asleep in my chair. So no massive battleship for me, this time :(

EDIT: I'm dumb. I just now realized that the Bismarck is a regular tier VIII BB that I'll get eventually anyway. So I've got that going for me, which is nice.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 11:13:46 pm by Scourge of Ages »

Soooooo... Is anybody else playing the PvE mode? Because it's a whole lot of fun, and highly challenging.

And I'm consistently getting good and sunk, and was hoping for some moral support :)

Offline Blue Lion

• Star Shatterer
I'm getting destroyed but it's mostly because I only am up to 5 in destroyers and they suck for that. It's also hard to convince people not to cowboy out but to hold and focus fire. If it gave more exp or money I would be more interested but for now it's just fun to do every now and then.

Perhaps a few of us HLPers should get a division together to really get those stars.
I'll be online Friday evening (eastern time), anyone else up for a good run of PVE?

Offline Blue Lion

• Star Shatterer
What exactly is the reward for winning? I've never won one so I don't know.

Offline CKid

Signals Flags, camo, a 10 skill Commander, and 1 day of premium depending on the number of secondary objectives you complete. The 2nd operation way less difficult compared to the 1st. Having played it several times, I haven't lost yet. Major keys to winning is having one member of the team playing CV and focus fire.
If I agreed with you, we would both be wrong

I had a fun battle in my Gneissenau yesterday.

The other team had gotten a Bismarck and Tirpitz into our cap, with a North Carolina on the way.

We had a badly wounded New Mexico trying really hard to escape. Our whole team was a little too far away to defend. I was the only one in range to do anything until they got turned around.

So I charged headlong at three tier 8s. I was going to get to torpedo range and hopefully hit the Tirpitz. But at least I could buy some time and reset until friendly bbs could get in range, while our cruisers capped.

And it worked! I got sunk pretty hard and missed the torps, but I scared the Bismarck out of the cap circle and badly hurt the NorCar. And then our two bbs came in slowly and kept resetting, and we won!

Offline Gray

Another of Greedgamings frak-ups.

The Graf Zeppelin disaster! WG EU already started removing iChases review video from threads.
Nice way of making money WG, EU CC are silent ( or have to be), while the few american get censored on the EU forums. 

It would be nice if players would spread the word to other forums and platforms.  long version on NA and EU forums, short version: Do NOT Buy Graf Zeppelin, it is an utter broken piece of garbage and according to an post by the DEVS(!) intended this way!!!

https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/topic/85549-graf-zeppelin-is-an-insult-to-paying-customers/?page=13

Offline crizza

Had a Zeppelin in one battle, it devasted DDs with her secondaries :D

Offline Enioch

• Alternative History Word Writer
This ****ing team. I've never (successfully) carried so hard.

Look at that ****ing base XP. LOOK AT IT.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 06:26:04 am by Enioch »
'Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent'  -Salvor Hardin, "Foundation"

So don't take a hammer to your computer. ;-)

Queue for battle: 2 CVs, 167 BBs, 5 CAs, 4 DDs

Love a new ship line launch <3

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Holy minollies, put Enioch down for a spine replacement cause he used up all the carry potential of the current one :P

Offline Enioch

• Alternative History Word Writer
Queue for battle: 2 CVs, 167 BBs, 5 CAs, 4 DDs

Love a new ship line launch <3

EU still hasn't brought her servers back online, but yeah, that seems reasonable. I think I'll be taking my second boatwaifu out this weekend, farm some fire damage on the XP pinatas.

Holy minollies, put Enioch down for a spine replacement cause he used up all the carry potential of the current one :P

Pretty much. I've got Shimakaze and Ibuki on massage duty overtime, and my back still hurts. :pimp: :P
'Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent'  -Salvor Hardin, "Foundation"

So don't take a hammer to your computer. ;-)

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Also the new weapons/damage graphic effects look fidelitous!

[attachment stolen by Russian hackers]
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Also the new weapons/damage graphic effects look fidelitous!
The same old weapon effects, they're just scaled up.
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them