Author Topic: Tips for Enemy Cargo ScAN?  (Read 1258 times)

Tips for Enemy Cargo ScAN?
Hey guys,

I just realized I have a bit of a silly problem. I'm creating a mission where the player jumps into a Shivan cargo depot, the mission objective is to find and scan a cargo container containing Shivan prototypes so that freighters can jump in and capture it. I have everything working in that regard down to the letter.

Where my problem lies is that the player's wingmen count all the cargo containers as hostile and attempt to destroy them and issuing orders to ignore the special container is a no go because it gives away which container the player is supposed to scan. I've been playing around with the trees but cannot for the life of me get my wingmen to stop blowing up the cargo depot. Anyone have any tips?

Offline JSRNerdo

• [`_`]/
  • Gone!
Re: Tips for Enemy Cargo ScAN?
Use the protect ship flag on all containers in the depot. This prevents the AI from targeting that specific ship, and can be found under Misc in the ship window.
Former Inferno lead, BTA fredder-ish and DE fredder. Driven out by ordinary fascists the_e, aesaar and general battuta. Will return if they're ever removed.

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
That...

As an alternative you could give the wingmen something else to do (with high priorities and a higher tier AI class), basically include a B-scenario into the mission that the wingmen have to accomplish (sentry guns, intercept an enemy scouting wing, taking out a comm node etc etc - choose your weapon)
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Use the protection ship option, once the player has identified the cargo use the ship-unprotect (or something like that) sexp to allow the wingmates to destroy the rest. Of course you can set up a secondary target (like Orph3u5 wrote) so that they are not hanging around.

Thanks for the reply. I forgot all about enabling and disabling protected status.  :D :D :D