Author Topic: [FA] - Getting the ball rolling  (Read 33837 times)

Offline mr.WHO

[FA] - Getting the ball rolling
I'll take a mission 8 from camp. 2.
It looks like there will be big capship battle :)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
If you take mission 8 you have to take mission 7 (or at least wait for someone to make it first).

Red alerts are fun to make but you have to get the same person to make both so that the ships match up.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline mr.WHO

Ok, it's even better ( I need to wait anyway), I'll wait to the weekend, if somebody will not take mission 7 , I'll take both.

Offline AqueousShadow

• Devil
  • Imperial Highway
Lol, I'm being beaten to everything :mad2:

I guess I'm stuck with mission 3 then. Now, one question: Is the Bosch a Deimos class corvette or what? Cuz I'm kinda lost on the whole "the Bosch" thing.

I'll start on the mission now.

I'll give mission 5 for campaign 1 a shot.  What class of cruiser is the Perilous?

And Aqueous, it should be Deimos, NTF wouldn't use anything else.
GTI Rebellion FREDer

Dissident Theory

Permissum sacramentum non exsisto infractus , per fides exsisto led.

its an iceni class frigate

Offline AqueousShadow

• Devil
  • Imperial Highway
Well, I forgot to mention one thing. Why was it put that the ship is the GTCv Bosch...Isn't it the NTF Bosch? And are you sure it's an Iceni?

Oh, and I ran into a problem with making my mission: How do you get ships to do things after they have reached their waypoint? Like, I have the Tetrarch transports going to a waypoint, and once they have completed they're waypoints, I want them to dock, one by one, to the NTF ship. How can I do this?

Perilous is a Fenris Cruiser.

Everyone who is working on the retail campaign (campaign 1), click on the link in the spoiler in the other thread and read the page or so of fluff.

Perilous = Fenris
Damocles = Iceni Class

EDIT - my bad, it's at the start of this thread. Here it is for your convenience: http://www.swooh.com/peon/BlackWolf/Archives/Damocles.htm :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: September 07, 2004, 07:51:48 pm by 1332 »

Offline Hippo

• Darth water-horse
  • Grazing.
    • All Hands to War
Heh... This is getting to look like fun... Anyone mind if a seasoned FREDer takes up an extra one? I'm thinking the last one of #3... :nervous:
« Last Edit: September 07, 2004, 07:56:56 pm by 681 »
VBB Survivor -- 387 Posts -- July 3 2001 - April 12 2002
VWBB Survivor -- 100 Posts -- July 10 2002 - July 10 2004

AHTW

Offline JR2000Z

Originally posted by AqueousShadow
Well, I forgot to mention one thing. Why was it put that the ship is the GTCv Bosch...Isn't it the NTF Bosch? And are you sure it's an Iceni?

Oh, and I ran into a problem with making my mission: How do you get ships to do things after they have reached their waypoint? Like, I have the Tetrarch transports going to a waypoint, and once they have completed they're waypoints, I want them to dock, one by one, to the NTF ship. How can I do this?

I think it's:

When
-waypoints done delay
- -trapsport/path/time
-Add goal
--Transport
--Ai dock
---NTF Ship
---whatever
I finally destoryed the Shivan armada and all I got was this lousy T shirt.

Offline Hippo

• Darth water-horse
  • Grazing.
    • All Hands to War
for one by one, see the shipyard-completed walkthrough part on sequential docking...
VBB Survivor -- 387 Posts -- July 3 2001 - April 12 2002
VWBB Survivor -- 100 Posts -- July 10 2002 - July 10 2004

AHTW

Offline AqueousShadow

• Devil
  • Imperial Highway
Originally posted by Hippo
for one by one, see the shipyard-completed walkthrough part on sequential docking...

huh?

I've finally finished my mission. However, I have not play-tested it yet, but I will do so tomorrow before posting it. I have one last question.

The mission is sort of hard to fail...and since it's a stealth mission, how can I get the player to fail the mission if they, say attack one of the ships, or get too close to one of the fighters? This would complete my mission. Thanks.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2004, 01:03:38 am by 835 »

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
The reason it's a Deimos is because we were given the name "NTCv Bosch" for it. The Iceni uses an NTF designator, but Neo-Terran corvettes use NTCv.

So, IS it an Iceni? I'm rather confused...and to be honest, blowing up the Iceni-lookalike so early in the campaign seems a little off...
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

My question is, because the Iceni was a unique ship in canon FS2 understanding, does the NTF designation stand for Neo-Terran Front or does it stand for Neo Terran Frigate?

Based on the GTVA Colossus I would guess the former.  Unless GTVA Colossus stands for Galatic Terran-Vasudan A**kicker. But probably not.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Sorry about the Iceni confusion that's my bad.

[V] used the designation NTF Iceni which I hadn't noticed so when I noticed NTF I changed it to NTCv. I probably should have changed it to NTFg which is less ambiguous but pushes the Iceni into the unofficial Frigate class (Which is probably where it should go anyway). I don't particularly like NTF Iceni much since NTF is the designation for fighters too.

The ship however is definately meant to be Iceni class. Sorry for any confusion caused.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline AqueousShadow

• Devil
  • Imperial Highway
I wonder how that will affect my mission...changing from Deimos to Iceni...

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
The Iceni is a more powerful one ... Balance issues.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Originally posted by karajorma
Sorry about the Iceni confusion that's my bad.

[V] used the designation NTF Iceni which I hadn't noticed so when I noticed NTF I changed it to NTCv. I probably should have changed it to NTFg which is less ambiguous but pushes the Iceni into the unofficial Frigate class (Which is probably where it should go anyway). I don't particularly like NTF Iceni much since NTF is the designation for fighters too.
Ah, but FS2 explicitly refers to it as "Bosch's command frigate".  Thus the frigate designation is canon. :D I'm fine with Fg to distinguish it from F, though... that's what we're using in TVWP.

Just on beams alone, the Iceni has 3 BGreen while the Deimos has 4 Terran Slash. It's a considerable difference. Also note that the Iceni has a really stupid weapon setup. Weapons are non-symmetrical and placed in different types of turrets. I recommend that anyone using the ship in their mission change the weapon setup around with the ship editor.

How about Ff or Fi