Author Topic: Stats Server - someone PLEASE Fix it!  (Read 3942 times)

Offline jedimasterseth

• ~#fLinT#~
    • MySpace
Stats Server - someone PLEASE Fix it!
To the Powers that be...

Please may I have a nice fixed stats server for christmas? I will be a good little boy all year, will brush my teeth, do my chores, not be naughty (except with the hoes) , will eat all my greens, will remember my manners, will not ask for too many sweets, will save the Earth from global warming, will run amok in the tortuous fields of humble servitude... if If IF I F someone fixes the Stats server!

Amen

Jedimasterseth a.k.a FLINT

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Re: Stats Server - someone PLEASE Fix it!
To clarify here, it's not completely broken and does save for some people in each game, but other people get an error (something like "server timeout, stats may not have been saved"). I think the same people were getting the problem every time, but there wasn't any obvious reason why. This is all on 3.6.9.

Offline captain-custard

• previously known as andicirk
  • one sandwich short of a picnic
To the Powers that be...

Please may I have a nice fixed stats server for christmas? I will be a good little boy all year, will brush my teeth, do my chores, not be naughty (except with the hoes) , will eat all my greens, will remember my manners, will not ask for too many sweets, will save the Earth from global warming, will run amok in the tortuous fields of humble servitude... if If IF I F someone fixes the Stats server!

Amen

sends the stats fairy another check , all batsmen must die ..............
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
3.6.9 related problems can't and won't be fixed.  If it's related to 3.6.10 then I need to know exactly which build it is, whether you were hosting or a client, and a copy of the multi.log file created by the session where stats didn't save, and if you were running a debug build then I need a copy of the fs2_open.log file as well.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Has any change been made to the 3.6.10 side of the server during the last three weeks? The last time we tried, it was broken there as well (for everyone this time), but that was a few weeks ago.

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
Yeah, I made a change last week, specifically stats related.  And there were a few overall changes the week before as well concerning how the database gets updated so that could certainly have an impact on whether stats work as well.

Offline jedimasterseth

• ~#fLinT#~
    • MySpace
Please help taylor, the world is relying on u! (no pressure)

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
I'm going to be taking May off from FSO to concentrate on other projects, but I plan to spend this week wrapping up some of the stuff that I was working on earlier this month.  As far as the multi people are concerned, that means stats and the slow lobby login.  I don't plan to release any builds with those fixes though (if client builds are required for the fix that is), but any fixed code on the client side will end up in SVN by the weekend.

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
Only gave it a quick test, but 3.6.10 stats saving should be fixed in the next available build.

Offline captain-custard

• previously known as andicirk
  • one sandwich short of a picnic
thats great , at last maybe ill finally make commander, crosses fingers ...............

catch me if you can flint.... ( said in a very deep voice and showing no signs of needing a life changing male to male encounter)

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

Offline jedimasterseth

• ~#fLinT#~
    • MySpace
yuk please can the lilac talk andii.....