General FreeSpace > FreeSpace Discussion

Minimum and recommended NVIDIA card

(1/2) > >>

CT27:
W7 is going away early next year so I'll be getting a new computer. 

To play FS/FSO mods/campaigns, what would you say is the minimum level graphics card (NVIDIA please as that's what I'll probably get) I'll need to continue playing mods and campaigns?

On a similar vein, what would be a recommended card to play campaigns/mods at a higher level (shadows for example)?

Specifically, one of the cards I'm looking at is a GTX 1660 TI.  That's not the highest level of card, but it's still in the above-average/pretty good category right?

Colt:
I'm running on a GTX 1050 TI with max settings. SMAA, post-processing yada-yada. Butter smooth. Large numbers of asteroids in dense fields sometimes cause slowdowns (albeit rarely), so a 1660 TI should be good.

What processor/CPU are you looking to get? I'm not too versed in this but I'd imagine that's important information for others on here with more knowledge to help you out with.

Good luck. :yes:

theperfectdrugsk:
I don't know what I'd recommend...but for reference, I'm on a laptop with a 960M, and I make at least 30fps and usually >45fps  for the vast majority of mods/campaigns on all but the busiest set-piece battles with tons of ships, running 1920x1080 with all the things maxed and all the options in the launcher enabled.

The E:
The 1660 Ti will be just fine for running FSO with all the bells and whistles.

slayer tier:
the mods arent very demanding. i have latest mods and media vp on 1070 and usage is less than 50% most of the time, 1440p 60fps constantly. something half as fast will be good, so an old 680 or similar will do.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version