General FreeSpace > Blue Planet Multi

Player Capship Gameplay and Mechanics

<< < (10/11) > >>

Aesaar:

--- Quote ---PD Sentries: Launches 10-15 sentry guns around the ship (and perhaps friendly capitals) which terran turret 2 which are used to help shoot down torpedoes
--- End quote ---
I don't like this.  Might I suggest an AAA overcharge instead?  Say, turn them (or maybe the slashers) into ULTRAs for 10-15 seconds.

MatthTheGeek:
You may or may not know but using cruisers as sentry minelayers was already suggested by the devs, and is actually currently used in some WiH2 missions. This is just an extension to corvettes here.

Maybe it would be better moved to the Aeolus or the Hyperion for consistency's sake, but there is nothing wrong with the concept, you can even consider it canon.

EDIT: recently mentioned (although not necessarily very clearly) here, and also here a tad longer ago.

Aesaar:
Maybe I should have elaborated.  I don't think it fits with the role of the Diomedes.  Dropping sentries around just doesn't seem like a good use of the ship's capabilities.  A dedicated combat ability would fit better, IMO.

Boosting AAA isn't the only option, though.  Some form of active armor, which could do something like giving it Heavy Armor 40 for a few second.  Or shutters for the beams, preventing them from firing but giving them Heavy Armor 5 while closed.

Also, a way to toggle its missile launcher between Supernovas (or Eos) and Piranhas would be nice.

Oh, and if the Cretheus is meant to be a torpedo killer, replacing its STerPulses with PDTerPulses would be a good idea.

Just throwings ideas out there.

MatthTheGeek:

--- Quote from: Aesaar on October 03, 2012, 01:51:52 pm ---Or shutters for the beams, preventing them from firing but giving them Heavy Armor 5 while closed.

Also, a way to toggle its missile launcher between Supernovas (or Eos) and Piranhas would be nice.

--- End quote ---
I like those two ones, especially the beam shutters. We can put those on the Chimera and Bellerophon too, given how dependant they are on their beams.

--- Quote from: Hades on October 01, 2012, 06:21:30 pm ---Sanctus:
              Cargo Utilization: The Sanctus uses the spare ammo in its cargo bay to, for a few seconds, greatly increase the reload rate of its kenetic weapons (Torpedoes, mass drivers, etc)

--- End quote ---
Or switch Warhammers to something more powerful like Apocalypses or Hydras. Probably Hydras, they're underused and their firepower is more suited to something the size of a Sanctus, while staying true to the saturation/support role of the Sanctus in capship fights.

--- Quote from: Hades on October 01, 2012, 06:21:30 pm ---Custos:
               Countermeasure Burst
               Repair
               Accelerated loading

--- End quote ---
Tech descr says the Custos has electronic warfare capabilities. Throw in some beam jamming in there.

Hades:
A single ship that can stop all of the anti-capital capabilities of one side in TvT would be fairly imbalanced and silly. Co-op? Sure, could possibly adapt something like that for there. So no to beam jamming in a TvT scenario.

--- Quote from: Aesaar on October 03, 2012, 08:12:57 am ---
--- Quote ---PD Sentries: Launches 10-15 sentry guns around the ship (and perhaps friendly capitals) which terran turret 2 which are used to help shoot down torpedoes
--- End quote ---
I don't like this.  Might I suggest an AAA overcharge instead?  Say, turn them (or maybe the slashers) into ULTRAs for 10-15 seconds.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Aesaar on October 03, 2012, 01:51:52 pm ---Maybe I should have elaborated.  I don't think it fits with the role of the Diomedes.  Dropping sentries around just doesn't seem like a good use of the ship's capabilities.  A dedicated combat ability would fit better, IMO.

Boosting AAA isn't the only option, though.  Some form of active armor, which could do something like giving it Heavy Armor 40 for a few second.  Or shutters for the beams, preventing them from firing but giving them Heavy Armor 5 while closed.

Oh, and if the Cretheus is meant to be a torpedo killer, replacing its STerPulses with PDTerPulses would be a good idea.

Just throwings ideas out there.

--- End quote ---
The thing about the sentries is it's a leftover from when I was first thinking up this stuff ages ago, I just copied and pasted it from the first page. Reason for it was the old Diomedes, to me, looked like a command type ship. ULTRA AAA as an ability may be a bit much.

Also beam shutters would probably be made redundant if turrets are made invulnerable (which I'd prefer, honestly, so respawning players can't easily stomp the guy who just offed them)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version