General FreeSpace > Blue Planet Multi

Suggestions for future updates

<< < (2/6) > >>

bigchunk1:
bp2-mc10 'Rat defence': 'Ignore Aquarius wing' does not become true or false after they depart or are destroyed.
Wing deployment is better than older updates, but is somewhat scattered and light throughout. Keep at it and be sure to play the mission soon.
Protect blackburn objective never becomes true, even after the players protect the blackburn. Mission goes stale around 14:00 minutes in and nothing happens. Is this intended?
This mission has the ammo glitch. Bug me on IRC or PM me after you commit the mission so I can fix it and it won't overlap your version.

Plunder: Host crashes on respawn. Was thought to be an error due to a new build but it has happened in older builds as well. Check logic in the modular spawning system.

Post Meridian is unstable, could be performance overload, could be fred logic.

Tev Gauntlet: Wings jump out, this is non standard in gauntlet missions. Recommend removing the feature. 'Disable Nimrod' directive does not flag true even if you destroy it. Mission does not continue after this event and crashes shortly afterward.

Fleet Battle B: UEF capship turrets are locked at the beginning of the mission and only are activated at irregular times. This MUST be fixed. Possibly try a repeating turret-free sexp at more frequent intervals. If that does not work, hopefully a coder type knows what's up.

TvTvT is still not playable. Hostile team cannot see the Unknown team. Recommend changing iff from hostile to traitor and changing the corresponding IFF color sexps. 

Lester:

--- Quote from: bigchunk1 on June 11, 2011, 11:23:42 am ---Tev Gauntlet: Wings jump out, this is non standard in gauntlet missions. Recommend removing the feature. 'Disable Nimrod' directive does not flag true even if you destroy it. Mission does not continue after this event and crashes shortly afterward.

--- End quote ---
The only wings that jump out are treb strikes, which are supposed to jump out upon unloading their ordnance. The 'Disable Nimrod' directive is my fault, but I don't have any idea what might be crashing the mission afterwards.

MatthTheGeek:

--- Quote from: bigchunk1 on June 11, 2011, 11:23:42 am ---Plunder: Host crashes on respawn. Was thought to be an error due to a new build but it has happened in older builds as well. Check logic in the modular spawning system.

Post Meridian is unstable, could be performance overload, could be fred logic.
--- End quote ---
I've tested both of them on latest nightly on my real comp, both work perfectly fine. Whatever goes wrong goes only wrong on your end.

bigchunk1:

--- Quote from: MatthTheGeek on June 12, 2011, 11:20:40 am ---...
I've tested both of them on latest nightly on my real comp, both work perfectly fine. Whatever goes wrong goes only wrong on your end.

--- End quote ---

Perhaps try a game with multiple players. We were running with a full set of 8 yesterday, and last week, numbers were up there as well.

The thing about plunder is that multiple hosts have claimed a crash occurred when they were respawning. We may find in future tests that there is no stability issue, but just something to keep an eye on. It is good to know which missions run smoothly and which are more likely to crash.   

Talon 1024:
Sorry if this is kind of off topic, but here is my resmoothed GTF Nyx/Ezechiel.  I thought you guys could use it.

http://www.ciinet.org/kevin/ezec8guns.pof

Note for the BP team: This one is newer than the one Woolie Wool sent to you guys a while ago.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version