General FreeSpace > Multiplayer

Can anyone help with getting LAN working?

(1/2) > >>

P632:
Me and my friend have been trying to use Hamachi to play Freespace 2 with each other. Considering the old Homeworld 2 LAN worked flawlessly on hamachi I don't see why Freespace 2 is giving me problems.

I've set the Wxlauncher settings to LAN, replaced everything in the multi CFG file with +lan_update, tried using 3.7.2 FS2 Open and the new 3.8.0 SSE2. Changing FS2 multiplayer options for missions to multidata. No luck with what's been tried so far.

Does anyone have any Hamachi or VLAN success stories? How did you get this thing to work in LAN? What steps did you follow? Thanks in advance.

karajorma:
LAN should work for FS2_Open without any need for any special steps. If anything, the steps you mentioned actually make things less likely to work. (You should definitely switch back from multidata for a start).

General Battuta:
Pretty sure they're not physically on the same LAN, they're trying to do LAN emulation./

P632:

--- Quote from: General Battuta on June 26, 2018, 05:13:39 am ---Pretty sure they're not physically on the same LAN, they're trying to do LAN emulation./

--- End quote ---

Yes, sorry, this is what I mean by LAN(could not find the word for this).

I have in the past played freespace 2 on my laptop and PC at home with a friend, and it worked perfectly fine. But trying to get LAN emulation to work is completely frustrating.

karajorma:

--- Quote from: General Battuta on June 26, 2018, 05:13:39 am ---Pretty sure they're not physically on the same LAN, they're trying to do LAN emulation./

--- End quote ---

I know. It shouldn't make a difference. I've used Hamachi myself for the same thing in the past without any problems.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version