FreeSpace Releases > Mission & Campaign Releases

RELEASE: The Battle of Neptune - Director's Cut

<< < (2/7) > >>

jg18:

--- Quote from: perihelion on October 31, 2021, 05:36:19 pm ---This deserves a highlight.

Really. It's fricking awesome!

--- End quote ---

+1! :yes: :nod:

Watching just a few minutes of redmagejoe's recorded livestream will show you how much work Dilmah G and everybody who contributed to this put into it.

perihelion:
Goddamn.  I read the dialog at the end of the bonus mission, but hearing it right after the FSO version of the Kobayashi Maru scenario... oof.  That's a punch to the gut right there.  The lady who played Cyclone absolutely aced that role.

jg18:
Yeah, the VAs for both Cyclone and Delta 4 in the new bonus mission are amazing.

Maybe it'd be worth starting a thread in the Voice Acting board where FREDders list specific VAs from Fiverr whom they've had a good experience with, with a link to the actor's Fiverr page and a list of which mods/roles the actor played.

The idea is that it could become a registry of "known VAs" for FREDders who are willing to spend a few bucks to find just the right voice for their mod.

Dilmah G:

--- Quote from: Colonol Dekker on October 31, 2021, 04:59:15 am ---Gen pleasure working with you on this.

--- End quote ---
The pleasure was mine, mate! And that goes for everyone from the community who VA'd - the effort everyone put in was absolutely stellar, and it made the process of getting the mod voice acted a hell of a lot of fun.

--- Quote from: perihelion on November 01, 2021, 10:56:10 pm ---Goddamn.  I read the dialog at the end of the bonus mission, but hearing it right after the FSO version of the Kobayashi Maru scenario... oof.  That's a punch to the gut right there.  The lady who played Cyclone absolutely aced that role.

--- End quote ---
She definitely did, both her (jessfisher97) and Sararose - Delta 4's VA, were phenomenal.

--- Quote from: jg18 on November 02, 2021, 12:14:42 am ---Yeah, the VAs for both Cyclone and Delta 4 in the new bonus mission are amazing.

Maybe it'd be worth starting a thread in the Voice Acting board where FREDders list specific VAs from Fiverr whom they've had a good experience with, with a link to the actor's Fiverr page and a list of which mods/roles the actor played.

The idea is that it could become a registry of "known VAs" for FREDders who are willing to spend a few bucks to find just the right voice for their mod.

--- End quote ---
I'd be super down with this, and from the conversations I've had with the other VAs on the project who volunteered their voices, I think a lot of them would appreciate the extra publicity as well. I'd also be happy to do a little writeup on the lessons I learned/things I wish I'd done from the start during this VA journey so that these lessons help everyone else in the community who wants to go about getting their mod voice acted. I know mjn has a great thread going so I'd be happy to add to that and make that a bit of a central resource for FS voice acting guidance. One thing I would suggest on that note is whether it can be moved to the voice acting board? I went through that at the start of the process and only found mjn's thread in The Modding Workshop when he mentioned it during the livestream the other day. :lol: Happy to admit that potentially I should've looked a bit harder, though.

Colonol Dekker:
Don forget our own dedicated VA board   :yes: :yes:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version