Author Topic: New 4x Space Strategy: Aphelion  (Read 1694 times)

Offline gorgse

New 4x Space Strategy: Aphelion
Hey we are a independent developer making a new 4x space stategy game I believe everyone here would be interested in. Here is the lowdown on our game:

Aphelion is a 4X(eXplore, eXpand, eXploit, and eXterminate) turn based strategy based on a distant future. It features six distinct alien factions, pitted in a desperate battle for control of the galaxy. You can chose from six unique empires, each with their own distinct technologies, ships, units, strengths, and weaknesses. There are over 240 unique ships in the game. The game stays true to a pure turn based approach in all aspects, preventing the it from degrading into a reaction time based click fest when large forces meet. We use an unified system model, instead of managing each planet separately. This will help limit late game creep and keep micromanagement in check.. The game features a circular galaxy which has no corners and a black hole in the center. This will increase strategy, as player's can't hole up in the safety of corners, and results in more equal starting position for all.

Aphelion: Phoenix Rising features:
Engaging and complex storyline which unfolds as the game progresses.

Dynamic technology trees specific to your race that change every game for greater replayability.

Six distinct civilizations, complete with their own look, units, technology, and strategies.

Dynamic diplomacy systems, alloying the forging of alliances along with many other forms of treaties such as trade, friendship, war pacts and non-aggression treaties.

Engaging espionage system in which you can assassinate, sabotage, spy, and frame your enemy. This system is complete with repercussion in the event of disclosure of deeds.

Spectacular 3-D space battles in which the outcome can change in a second due to a reactor going critical, or a boarding party forcing their way to the ship's bridge.

We are a small developer, but that does not mean that we do not have big dreams. In order to get noticed, we need to make some noise in the game world. Please help by visiting our page on Gamespot so that we can be seen and attract the attention of a publisher. Thank you for you time, and feel free to visit our website or forums if you have more questions.

Gamespot page:
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/aphelionphoenixrising/index.html?tag=gallery_summary;title

http://wyvernstudios.net/

Jared O'Connor

Re: New 4x Space Strategy: Aphelion
Wyvern Studios... didn't they make that world map for Sigma Storm?

Looks good. Maybe I'll hold off buying CnC.
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
You do know that aphelion as a term only applies to the "highest" point of orbits around Helios, or the Sun specifically? :p

Although I can understand that apoapsis doesn't sound quite as good as a word or game title. ;)

I'm no fan of turn based games at all. The Total War series is manageable because it has the tactical engagement portions giving life to the game beyond the turn-based strategy part. Looks like a well designed concept though. Good luck with it.
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Apoapsis sounds like the official title of the Pope's sister... ;)

Interesting looking game, I'll have to have a nosy round the site :)

Offline captain-custard

• previously known as andicirk
  • one sandwich short of a picnic
why the wyvern name are you based in that area?
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

Offline Rhymes

• Galactic Mediator
  • Fatum Iustum Stultorum
Now why has he posted the same message but made two different threads?  *cough*I call bot*cough*
If you don't have Knossos, you need it.

“There was a button," Holden said. "I pushed it."
"Jesus Christ. That really is how you go through life, isn't it?”

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Got a link to the other thread, I don't mind indie advertising, but if it becomes spamming, that other thread will get deleted.

Ok, got it and edited the post. It's got a thread of it's own, it doesn't need to be added to other threads as well.

For now, I'm assuming over-zealous promotion, but I'll keep an eye open.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 04:08:11 pm by Flipside »

Offline gorgse

Flipside, thanks, its not realy advertisement as we are more trying to get people informed and involved in our game. Sorry if it resembled spam to you. Regarding our game names. We chose Aphelion because it wasn't trademarked like everything else and the same with Wyvern. You have no idea how hard it is to find something that isn't.  And yes Aphelion is the point that a planet is the furthest from the sun. And no we didn't make a map for Sigma storm. If you have any more questions feel free to ask. Thanks

Jared