Author Topic: RELEASE: Twisted Infinities  (Read 17725 times)

Re: RELEASE: Twisted Infinities
Like what I see so far, and I really like there being music from Hellbender

Anyone else having problems with the explosive drone mission where you get detected after you completed the scan and identified the vulnerability even without any enemies within 500 distance?

Anyone else having problems with the explosive drone mission where you get detected after you completed the scan and identified the vulnerability even without any enemies within 500 distance?

After finishing the scans I get detected too. Then I am ordered to search the vulnerable spot, where I should release the drone pressing the "1" key. But I can´t find this location.

So I am not able to finish this mission.

After finishing the scans I get detected too. Then I am ordered to search the vulnerable spot, where I should release the drone pressing the "1" key. But I can´t find this location.

So I am not able to finish this mission.
The location is somewhere in the engine area, top or bottom, when you get close enough the next mission objective comes up, to deploy the drone.
But once deployed, it doesn't do anything (has a timer to Dock Cell 1 but goes up only, instead of decreasing).
I'll try some previous versions of FSO, that did the trick for Blue Planet

Hmm, doesn´t work for me. I searched 20 minutes all around the engines and the entire ship pushing the "1" button like mad. No chance of releasing the drone.

Maybe "1" is an already fixed key combo in your non-default settings?

"1" is default setting for multiplayer.

I deactivated that function but I didn´t find the correct command-binding for TI.

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
There is a slight oversight in that mission, so the engine does not correct for the key being unbound or reassigned. (There is a pop-up for that to happen if the mission is of the Training-type)

The directive has this line:
Code: [Select]
+Objective key:  XSTR("Press 1", -1)
If I recall correctly it should be ...
Code: [Select]
+Objective key:  XSTR("Press $1$", -1)... to call up the correct key binding. (not 100% sure that is the correct - but the option does exist)

EDIT - corrected
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Thanks. Where do I have to change it? Must I change the line in the way you wrote?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Bind your multiplayer comm keys to something on your keyboard, press those.

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Thanks. Where do I have to change it? Must I change the line in the way you wrote?

My comment was directed at anyone who is in charge of maintaing TI on Knossos...

... but if you are trying to homebrew it, the change need to be made in the mission file. A simple search and replace on the entire line using a text editor should do.
However I advise against it unless you 100 percent know what you are doing when editing mission files by hand.

As the person with certainly quite enough to do closer to their abode has pointed out - "1" is by default bound to the "(Multiplayer) Message All" function - the key you have bound to that should do the trick.
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Orpheus being a passive aggressive weirdo for no reason literally every time I post, check

Don't miss you HLP!

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
The low-key sniping at someone else's work is completely unnecessary, even more so when the purpose of the conversation is to provide tech support. Do not repeat it.

My comment was directed at anyone who is in charge of maintaing TI on Knossos...

... but if you are trying to homebrew it, the change need to be made in the mission file. A simple search and replace on the entire line using a text editor should do.
However I advise against it unless you 100 percent know what you are doing when editing mission files by hand.

As the person with certainly quite enough to do closer to their abode has pointed out - "1" is by default bound to the "(Multiplayer) Message All" function - the key you have bound to that should do the trick.

I changed the commandline like you proposed and it worked! I could release the explosive drone near the ships engines. But the drone didn´t move to its target...no explosion.

Offline starlord

Just saw the last video of that campaign, wanted to say kudos for the awesome work. I’m definitely hoping this campaign will continue releasing acts in the future (hoping black wolf sees this).

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
I have pushed out a patch which fixes various bugs and provides compatibility with 22.2 and Media VPS 4.6.7.  Note that if you play at 4K, the text will be too small.  I will fix this issue in a later patch.
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.