Author Topic: INF R1  (Read 4087 times)

Offline kane544

I was just wondering how many of the ships from R1 are going to appear in INF SCP and how many are not?

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Any kind of statement on the matter would be a bit premature (the roster has been modified quite a few times in the past months, and is expected to change in the future). Many of the EA ships are still there, but the GTVA fleet will be almost completely different.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
That's a pity, I rather liked the look of the GTVA fleet of INFR1. You could tell who they were descended from; this isn't often true of mods.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
Will the EA ships be HTL'd?
They looked above retail quality in R1, but below SCP quality
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
I know a few of them are.
They're still below the quality of the newer stuff in the MediaVPs though...
And most of the INFR1 assets aren't actually better than retail...not IMO. About the same, if not worse (due to numerous mesh issues, bad mapping etc)
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
EA ships were decent for the INFR1 modpack, but mainly because everything else was awful. Though I wouldn't go as far as to say they were above retail quality.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Oh, I'm not say they were good models.

I'm saying that they actually looked like real descendants of the GTVA fleet of FS2. The majority of times somebody introduces a new ship or model, it really doesn't carry a thematic or design link. INFR1 had a basic continuity because of how it looked.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Many of INFR1 models are awesome. Old-school ships in true freespace convention. But... They're simply old. Me and my friends are trying to refresh some of them [Boreas, Icelus, Phobos Adv] for Shadow Genesis project. HTL Boreas for example:

We'll make also a Tereus HTL, for other project.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
Quote from: NGTM-1R
I'm saying that they actually looked like real descendants of the GTVA fleet of FS2. The majority of times somebody introduces a new ship or model, it really doesn't carry a thematic or design link. INFR1 had a basic continuity because of how it looked.
Quote from: Betrayal
Many of INFR1 models are awesome. Old-school ships in true freespace convention. But... They're simply old.

I second these... for some reason... :doubt:

In my opinion the only things out of place in INFR1 were the EA's fightercraft... and then there's the Sabus and the Clarius :shaking:, but then again the models are all really old by now so I guess most of the ships were ok to me thematically, ignoring the issue of how old the models are.

If I could ever find reasons as to why a certain other mod didn't catch my attention immediately despite being newer and better overall, this might be one of those reasons, who knows. Or maybe INFR1 (maybe Inferno as a whole too, but that's open to debate with the changes going around) simply has something that makes me not want to let go of it that easily. :sigh:
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares
TheHound: "Nice idea, but I have a thing against announcing campaigns before having them already finished."
G5K: "The flipside of that is that if you don't announce your campaign, yet take too long to finish it, other people may independently come up with some of the same ideas."

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Will the EA ships be HTL'd?
All the capships are either already done, or we have the mesh but nobody to map them.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Many of INFR1 models are awesome. Old-school ships in true freespace convention. But... They're simply old. Me and my friends are trying to refresh some of them [Boreas, Icelus, Phobos Adv] for Shadow Genesis project. HTL Boreas for example:

We'll make also a Tereus HTL, for other project.

Do you mind dropping a PM to me and Woo? It'd be interesting to know better what you guys are doing. :) For example, we have the HTLed Tereus mesh but, as Woo said, it's not mapped.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 11:25:26 am by Mobius »
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Maybe in the future we will do some deal with the Inferno Team, but not now. We want to finish our models. After that we can talk :) .
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.