Author Topic: A little extra trailer  (Read 34481 times)

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
Re: A little extra trailer
 i wouldn't mind the zeus, Will the Chronos freighter be included?
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline neoterran

Man, inferno is the only mod out there with such dramatic changes and it just seems like it'll be forever that it will be released.

I always loved the idea of the EA and liked their ship designs the best anyway. It's too bad Solar Wars sucked so hard because that would have been really fun otherwise. Well, hopefully the new Inferno will be released eventually and people will build mods off it and its storyline.

Official Taylor Fan Club Member.
Chief Grognard.
"How much code could a coder code if a coder could code code?"

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
The Zeus is the only Terran ST ship I like actually :)
Chronos is in the main INF modpack, so it's included in this mod too. There's also an upgraded cargoless version for this mod.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Man, inferno is the only mod out there with such dramatic changes and it just seems like it'll be forever that it will be released.

I always loved the idea of the EA and liked their ship designs the best anyway. It's too bad Solar Wars sucked so hard because that would have been really fun otherwise. Well, hopefully the new Inferno will be released eventually and people will build mods off it and its storyline.

I made those changes for a few reasons:

1. The mod is standalone, so I needed to break the FS2 campaign compatability with it to prevent any legal issues.
2. I didn't want to rely on the media VPs, and I didn't want them breaking things as they update and change a lot. So our major files have different filenames.
3. It gives me full control of what's going on with the mod. Which makes fixing things much easier.
4. Keeping it standalone prevents the end user breaking things by running an INF Build on their regular SCP pilot files by mistake, and vice versa.

EA ships won't be included in this version, just some EA weapons. Though if I do the sequel it'll have the EA in it (though it'll be INF SCP only I'm afraid, no SCP standard version as it would require major updates to the SCP standard version.)

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
This should help you with any requests. This is the current ship list taken from tableview. If a ship isn't on this list it isn't included.

The Vasudans currently lack one bomber to match the Terran list (not too concerned about that)
The Shivans lack a second mainstream destroyer class (is more of a concern)

Offline mr.WHO

emm, SB Seraphim from FS2??

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Silent Threat you mean.

Offline Qwer

• If it bleeds, I can mod it
Ummm where's PVSc Imhotep?
If in your opinion there's no difference beetwen "Master Game" and "Game Master", I can only feel for you.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
I was too lazy to port it over from FS Port :D

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Modpack is entering final beta phase. I'm still missing a 2nd Shivan destroyer but I'll launch without it.
Main testing now is trying to balance the Vasudan capships a bit more. The Bastet totally sucks, and the Typhon owns the Orion until its weapon subsystem goes below 50%, then it starts attacking space and misses the Orion 95% of the time :sigh:
Then I want to do major multiplayer testing to see if both INF and SCP versions will work.
Suppose I should give the Demon a bit of a test, it's the only Shivan capship I haven't used yet...
I'm testing on 3.6.9 RC3 now, so far so good.

I could probably release the Core modpack with my Shivan cruiser test mission not long after that. The campaign will take more time though.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain

The Bastet

Is it a double hard Bastet,?

Sorry  :D
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
The Bastet usually gets taken out with the Orion/Zagreus being at 90%+ health. It also gets destroyed by 3 Terran cruisers, with only 1 of those getting destroyed.

I've buffed up the Demon now. It should take any Terran destroyer in a straight fight.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP

Multiplayer works for all versions and they'll work together (both INF SCP and SCP standard versions) though each test gave off some hacked tables warnings. You can connect INF-INF, INF-SCP, SCP-INF and SCP-SCP and play any multi mission as long as you don't mind the table warnings.
Of course you'll need multi missions to play it though :D

Offline Qwer

• If it bleeds, I can mod it
Actually missions won't be problem. We've alredy got 1 completed one and several planned. It's only matter of short time until IA will be fully MP-capable. ;)
If in your opinion there's no difference beetwen "Master Game" and "Game Master", I can only feel for you.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Well I've been working on this solo (with testing help from Qwer)
INF requires the others to progress.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
No I could do everything solo, but I'd have to get rid of all the other staff first :p

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
This project is a nice break for me, and it's useful to you lot as it includes the Inferno AI settings and firerate changes. This'll get you a bit of practice so your not all complaining its too hard later on :D True there's much more variety in the INF weapons than these, but they act more or less the same.

Offline aceofspades

• Janitor on a SJ Sathanas
Not to mention I luuuuurve it when old projects release something new.  :D
I wonder if the Shivans eat chocolate? Or play FS2, for that matter.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Well the modpack for this is done, I'm currently looking at HTL support and missions.