Author Topic: Thanks.  (Read 2083 times)

Hi to all... and thanks to all.
I played FreeSpace over and over and over again... then i played FreeSpace2, and guess what? over and over and over again...
then, at some point, my parents installed internet access on my computer... and i found the user created campaigns... and played one or two... i even met with my friends to play multiplayer campaigns and missions... or even just dogfights.
and it was great.
then i bought a new computer, and my old serial-port-joystick became useless... and i couldn't buy a new...
then somewhere along the road i bought a Mac and knew FS was out of reach... and then it all became blurry...
2 days ago i found this site.
i cannot stress how happy i am now that i found an active community of coders, designers, modders and all just working on FS.
you all made my day, my week, month and even year ( or whats left of it anyway... ).

i just wanted to take a moment or two to thank you all.

THANK YOU ALL!!!

][V][.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 09:12:14 am by membrana »

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
:welcome:

Always good to see new faces, you just wait till you see the Source Code Project if you haven't already, it'll blow your socks off :D

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Shouldn't this be in General FreeSpace? :)

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Not really important, though I suppose moving it there will at least mean those who do the work see the thanks, and get membrana some post count :D

i knew it would fit better in General FreeSpace, but since i was not contributing anything, i didn't want my posting to count for anything.

yet again, i didn't mention the whole crew here, of the sites, which is the responsible for bringing everyone together.

THANKS GUYS!

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
Like Mobius said earlier, It's always great to see these topics, even if I didn't contribute to anything...Yet.

Welcome to HLP!
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline Kie99

Hi to all... and thanks to all.
I played FreeSpace over and over and over again... then i played FreeSpace2, and guess what? over and over and over again...
then, at some point, my parents installed internet access on my computer... and i found the user created campaigns... and played one or two... i even met with my friends to play multiplayer campaigns and missions... or even just dogfights.
and it was great.
then i bought a new computer, and my old serial-port-joystick became useless... and i couldn't buy a new...
then somewhere along the road i bought a Mac

This is where I stopped reading. :p

Seriously though, good to have you here.  Definitely check out the Source Code Project.
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
He, he... It's nice that FSOpen works with the Big Three... ;)  WinDOwS, Linux, and Mac

Offline Snail

• SC 5
And Vist---oh...