Author Topic: RELEASE - Shivans! v0.2  (Read 41181 times)

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
Re: RELEASE - Shivans! v0.2
The error message that appears is already in a clipboard. Now just when you post a reply, press CTRL V at the same time and post it.

Offline NFSRacer

• Professional aircraft crasher!
    • Steam
Well, I found an error ReadMe file in the FS2 root directory, but that for the times FS2 crashed, which was mostly due to overworking my laptop.  Yes, you read my post right; THE FS2 SCP IS RUNNING ON A LAPTOP THAT WAS BOUGHT TO BE USED FOR MOSTLY BUSNESS RELATED PROGRAMS!  But, I digress.  Anyways, where can I find the clipboard file?  If it's in the FS2 folder or its sub-folders, then I can't find it.
"Said 'It was up to us.  Up to us, to decide.  You've become a virus that eating up it host.  We've been watching you with all our eye, and what you seem to value most.  'So much potential'.  Or so we used to say.  Your greed, self-importance, and your arrogance, you p*** it all away.'" - NIN from Year Zero

Offline NFSRacer

• Steam
OK.  I think I found the error details.  I've gotten three different errors that all have to do with those "trunk" files.  The errors are stated below:

Faulting application fred2_open_trunk_20080708_d.exe, version 1.0.0.1, faulting module fred2_open_trunk_20080708_d.exe, version 1.0.0.1, fault address 0x00166687.

Faulting application fred2_open_trunk_20080708_r.exe, version 1.0.0.1, faulting module fred2_open_trunk_20080708_r.exe, version 1.0.0.1, fault address 0x0009ace4.

Faulting application fs2_open_trunk_20080708_d.exe, version 1.0.0.1, faulting module fs2_open_trunk_20080708_d.exe, version 1.0.0.1, fault address 0x001a6247.

I've got this feeling, though, that I may have missed a step on installing the mod.  Hopfully this is what you were looking for.
"Said 'It was up to us.  Up to us, to decide.  You've become a virus that eating up it host.  We've been watching you with all our eye, and what you seem to value most.  'So much potential'.  Or so we used to say.  Your greed, self-importance, and your arrogance, you p*** it all away.'" - NIN from Year Zero

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
In the launcher, select the included exe that ends in a R.exe and not a D.exe . D is a debug build, that crashes the game thanks to the GTD Titan. Other than that, I have no idea.

Offline NFSRacer

• Steam
So, basicly, I need to get rid of the "D" marked EXE files that came with the mod, right?

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
No. You just turn on the launcher, click on BROWSE, select the provided exe that ends with a R, click apply and play.

Offline NFSRacer

• Steam
No. You just turn on the launcher, click on BROWSE, select the provided exe that ends with a R, click apply and play.

OK?  Well, I guess that would explain why the Inferno Mod won't work with the SCP. :sigh:  And thanks.  I'll try it and see if it'll work.

FINALLY!  IT STARTS!!!  I just can't believe that it was that simple! :wtf:  Anyways, thanks again! :D

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
Ok. Just please, don't double post. I think that already it counts as a thread hijack.

Someone should highlight this btw.

Offline NFSRacer

• Steam
...And the problems STILL continue! :confused:  This time it's crashing during the loading! :shaking:  Here's the error report:

Faulting application fs2_open_trunk_20080708_r.exe, version 1.0.0.1, faulting module igldev32.dll, version 6.14.10.4410, fault address 0x0002483d.

Please tell me this error is just like the last!

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
This error is just like the last.

Now for the truth: wth. What kind of system have you got?

It seems I won't be able to help anymore. Wait for Flaming_Sword, or someone from the SCP people to come here.

Offline NFSRacer

• Steam
...And the problems STILL continue! :confused:  This time it's crashing during the loading! :shaking:  Here's the error report:

Faulting application fs2_open_trunk_20080708_r.exe, version 1.0.0.1, faulting module igldev32.dll, version 6.14.10.4410, fault address 0x0002483d.

Please tell me this error is just like the last!

I take that back.  The game crashing was due to the VP file named "adv_shivan".  I took that file out and now it runs...so far. :shaking:  I'm guessing that either that file should be the only one in there or there maybe some corrupt file in the download.  If I run into any more problems, I'll let you know.  That first error was due to the fact that I've never came across a mod that had trunk files in it.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Or maybe you don't have mv_adveffects?
Because that's what adv_shivan is for.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline NFSRacer

• Steam

Yea, I've got that VP file, but that's no longer a problem if the game won't run right!  I say that because I'm having a second problem.  Shivan Mission number 2 is either gliched or was made incorrectly.  When that mission starts, all I get is a bright blue screen; I can't move, fire, or even jump out!  I have to use cheats to even destroy anything!  Also, I tried to jump ahead by placing the mission files in the mission sub-folder and re-naming them.  The showed-up in the mission sim, but when I tried Shivan mission number 3, the game crashed on loading.  Plus, just incase anyone was going to ask, I've already installed all the required 3.6.10 VP files and removed the old ones, so we can just rule that out.

Offline NFSRacer

• Steam
I'm using the 3_6_10-20071028T.exe and it works fine and I Was able to load the first mission, now I'm in the second and for some reason I'm in an Erinyes instead of a Shivan fighter and fighting Shivans. I'm not sure if this is normal and I will have to play more to find out. I won't consider what I said a spoiler because I didn't get into much detail.

That's odd.  For me, I can't do jack squat when the mission starts!  Maybe you could send me the mission files you have or even the VP files you have.

Offline NFSRacer

• Steam
I don't know if I can send them via hlp. I beat the campaign (only 4 missions and short ones too). It was all too short. :rolleyes:

So I gathered by the number of missions in the VP file.  I may try something some-what similer to Flaming_Sword's idea.  I'll let you know if I get it finished, but, first thing's first, I need to find out how I can get these FS2 missions to work with or without a VP core.  If you've got any sugestions, click here.

Yea, I've got that VP file, but that's no longer a problem if the game won't run right!  I say that because I'm having a second problem.  Shivan Mission number 2 is either gliched or was made incorrectly.  When that mission starts, all I get is a bright blue screen; I can't move, fire, or even jump out!  I have to use cheats to even destroy anything!  Also, I tried to jump ahead by placing the mission files in the mission sub-folder and re-naming them.  The showed-up in the mission sim, but when I tried Shivan mission number 3, the game crashed on loading.  Plus, just incase anyone was going to ask, I've already installed all the required 3.6.10 VP files and removed the old ones, so we can just rule that out.
Crap, I thought that was only happening to me on my dodgy laptop :( (the bright blue screen). Blackhole's campaign, converted by ShadowGorrath, can have that problem with the 2nd mission. The solution is to create a pilot from scratch (using the choose pilot screen on startup, not the barracks), then use that to play that campaign. I have no idea why it's happening, and it's not my campaign, just converted to use my mod. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Sorry everyone, accidentally quoted the first post instead of modifying it. Updated.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 07:10:45 am by Flaming_Sword »

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
I myself never had that problem. I can't run it with the 3.6.10 exe, but can run it with this one provided in the mod. And it's just fine.

Very interesting mod. :)

I finally got it to work and read all the exposition. What it needs now is campaigns. I think I will try and break out with a mini campaign and try to make it canon to what is written in the mod. It would be similar to Derelict but from the Shivan perspective. i bet that was everyones idea when the first saw this.  :p  I will try to make it according to canon.  And post some WIP mission here once they're done.

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
Or get in contact with Flaming_Sword and help him FRED the main campaign for the mod.

And geesh, Shivans haven't got such things as pirates or traitors. At least in my perspective.  :p