Author Topic: Official ship request,  (Read 6759 times)

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Originally posted by Su-tehp

Say what? The YT-1300 has got to be one of the most (if not the most) common light freighter in the SW galaxy! The YT-1300 has been around for decades by the time of Episode IV and has been sold to thousands of light freighter captains all over the galaxy.

The number of stock variants and conversion kits of the YT-1300 alone earned millions of credits for Corellian Engineering Corp.

Modding problems aside, the YT-1300 was NOT rare.

Ummm - yes it was. The age of the ship meant that very few people still flew them, they were outdated and practically impossible to find. Book evidence supports this (TZs Heir to the Empire, when the Noghri try to fake the Falcon to trick Leia and Han ino getting on so they can kidnap them, and Han is amazed that they "actually dug up another working YT-1300"), and movie evidence (Leia's and Luke's reaction to the Falcon when they first see it). These are not reactions to a common ship.

Hence, rare ship. Don't worry though, we will have a falcon - eventually.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Originally posted by Black Wolf
Hence, rare ship. Don't worry though, we will have a falcon - eventually.

The internal forum calls for you, Black Wolf. Can you hear its siren song?
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
lol GE :) :lol:

what two people have quoted you in their posts by the way? :)

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Black Wolf quoted me when I said BURN THE HERETIC WHO KILLED F2S! BURN HIM, BURN HIM!!" Someone else quoted my 'words of advice' at the end of my interview. :)
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Killfrenzy

• Slaughter-class cruiser
  • Randomly Existing
Originally posted by WMCoolmon

Bah. Who needs a model of the Falcon, when you could have one of the Falsehood instead, complete with droid-crushing action! :D

:lol: :lol:

Somebody else who's read the 'Wraith Squadron Trilogy!'

And on that note, (slightly OT but I'm sorry) why not do a mini-campaign based on the Wraiths, or at least make some of their missions?
Death has more impact than life, for everyone dies, but not everyone lives. [/b]
-Tomoe Hotaru (Sailor Saturn
------------
Founder of Shadows of Lylat

Offline neo_hermes

• MmmmmmNode!
  • What the hell are you lookin at?
no Thrawn...Thrawn trilogy.
Hell has no fury like an0n...
killing threads is...well, what i do best.