Author Topic: RELEASE: Homesick, a 30+ mission campaign  (Read 132393 times)

Offline neo_hermes

• MmmmmmNode!
  • What the hell are you lookin at?
RELEASE: Homesick, a 30+ mission campaign
when a Fighter corkscrews into the bridge of hecate
Hell has no fury like an0n...
killing threads is...well, what i do best.

Offline Blaise Russel

• Campaign King
    • http://mysite.freeserve.com/sbre/index.html
Originally posted by kv1at3485
I hope I've been of some service.

Yes, yes you have. Thanks!

It's patching time! To the FREDmobile!

So when does it get better?

Mission 8, 'Turn for the Worse', is when it changes. However, mission... *thinks* ...mission 16 is when you really start fighting anything other than old GTA/PVN pirate fighters.

The problem with Homesick ('part from all those dangnabable bugs) is that everything revolves around the story. This means that the action can be, and is, somewhat limited...

And... with the... I... what?

Offline Windrunner

• The Hammer.
WOW, this cam out of the blue. two new camapigns, i am impressed. And some of the guys are right this is mabye one the bigger releases we have had over the past few months
Staffmember: Hard Light Productions
I said a lot of things.  Some of them were even true. - Aldo_14

Offline Styxx

• Hard Light Productions
Nice work, and welcome to the highlights. :)
Probably away. Contact through email.

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Machina terra
:eek2: .....wow

*D/L*
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.- Nietzsche

When in despair I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won; there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Blaise Russel

• Campaign King
Oh Lord, how embarassing...

FRED must be possessed, I could have SWORN I fixed the campaign file... basically, the campaign is checking for goals completed, not events that have happened, so you can get fooled by jumping out, correctly, before the actual conditions for success have been met. Ooh...

I'll upload a new VP and the campaign file on its own (to whomp straight into your overriding missions folder) later, when I get home... I'll see about message sounds, the Shield's engines and anything else then as well.

Thanks for the welcome as well! First campaign on Highlights, wow!

*strokes ego contentedly*

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Dude, this is WAY impressive. This is how more campaigns ought to be put out. Congratulations. ;)

And now.. *heads to download*
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Neat.

Just wish I had free time.....

Offline Lightspeed

• Light Years Ahead
Originally posted by DragonClaw

Ah, but I didn't volunteer for, what is it? Balance testing? :p Besides, there's nothing to test it on, all we have is that training mission :lol:

As if it was too hard to open FRED, place some ships, equip some weapons and go for a test to see how it plays.
Modern man is the missing link between ape and human being.

Offline pyro-manic

• Flambé
Originally posted by DragonClaw
[chant]Join TVWP[/chant] :D
The only thing keeping us back is the fact we have no ... active... FREDers. They are... lazy.

Ahem? Who's been up to his nads in Constellations and Mustangs for a week? :p

What can I say? Way to go, mate! Bloody good work! :D:yes:  I gotta play this.....
Any fool can pull a trigger...

Offline Blaise Russel

• Campaign King
The imposter .fc2 has been destroyed. Long live the true Homesick campaign file! Available both in the replaced .zip and also alone, to be plonked straight into your overriding missions folder in case you don't want to mess around with WinZip and extractings the VP files agains... here.

How are you all enjoying the 'secret' mission in the Single Missions folder? TFTCSD? Have you found it?

At last I've finished the campaign!  (I've got to hand it to you: what an ending!  Refreshing, to say the least.)  Anyway, on with the last few complaints/suggestions... :nervous:

In Hmsk-C5.fs2 ("Pitched Battle") and Hmsk-D2.fs2 ("Blind Man's Bluff") I think you have some more premature 'Depart' directives.  Easily fixed, and I'm sure with my last warnings, you've probably already found these ones.  There could be more, but I was extra careful to jump out only after all friendly ships had departed.

In Hmsk-D6.fs2 ("The Road to Hell..."), the 'battle' between the Khufu and the Kintyre looks rather strangesince they're not shooting at wach other.  Perhaps you should make one of the corvettes part of the 'neutral' team so they shoot at each other.  Also assign to each ship the ship-guardian flag.  Related to this: is it intentional for the Kintyre to shoot its beam cannons at the Custodian?  Afterall, the Kintyre supposed to be fighting the Khufu.

In Hmsk-D7.fs2 ("...is paved with good intentions.") this happened:  When the Geryon jumps in, I made an effort to destroy its forward two beam cannons.  I did this, so when the time came for the Custodian to be disabled, all you got was the Custodian suddeny becoming disabled.  I suspect you intended for the Geryon to fire its beam cannons at the Custodian, but of course this could not happen once those cannons were destroyed.  I guess all you need to do to fix this is to make an event which repairs the forward beam cannons just before they fire.

Well, that's it for me!  Sorry for my nagging and prodding, I hope I have not been too cruel. :p   Now to go download "Sol: A History"...

And a word about your 'secret' mission (a better name might have been "The Herc that Couldn't Slow Down!" :lol: ).  At the beginning of the mission, you start off at 0 m/s.  Strangely enough, your event that blows up everything activates right then at the start of the mission.  I suspect you may wish to modify the event so it can only become active after good old Bosch stops talking.

(On a side note, this mission could be a pain!  Everytime you get hit by something head on, you slow down!  Hmmm, this could be something... :devil: )

Jesus, this is big.

i am going to play this, once i get, uhm, you know, time.....

i really like what i hear so far, and it is one hell of a way to enter the community.
just another newbie without any modding, FREDding or real programming experience

you haven't learned masochism until you've tried to read a Microsoft help file.  -- Goober5000
I've got 2 drug-addict syblings and one alcoholic whore. And I'm a ****ing sociopath --an0n
You cannot defeat Windows through strength alone. Only patience, a lot of good luck, and a sledgehammer will do the job. --StratComm

Offline Blaise Russel

• Campaign King
Originally posted by kv1at3485
In Hmsk-C5.fs2

This may have been fixed with the campaign file replacing thingie. The old, hated, I-thought-I-had-replaced-the-damn-thing campaign file was checking for goals completed, not events... and since the Depart directives come from the events... was this with the old or the new?

In Hmsk-D6.fs2

As it's not a game-stopper, I'll let this one be for a while... sort it out along with the Shield's everlasting engines...

In Hmsk-D7.fs2

THIS one's getting fixed, and right now, 'cause it's embarassing. Damnable Geryon turret configuration...

"The Herc that Couldn't Slow Down!"

And I... where... THAT shouldn't happen. It didn't happen for me when I tested it... this requires further testing.

*tests away*

Okay, I've taken a look at it. My copy seems to work just fine... I hung around for 30 seconds, standing still, and the bombs went boom. Restart, got moving, no booms. Still, I can get an 'and event-true-delay' inserted in there somewhere for next update.

This is fun! Thanks for all the feedback!
« Last Edit: December 02, 2003, 03:10:26 pm by 1432 »

Offline neo_hermes

• MmmmmmNode!
  • What the hell are you lookin at?
Originally posted by neo_hermes

:D
Hell has no fury like an0n...
killing threads is...well, what i do best.

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
Less hype, more missions!   IMPRESSIVE!  I wish we'd done this with BWO.
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
(EDIT: misread the description; it's 2355, not 2335)

But all those missions you put out, you make us all look like slackers!:eek:
« Last Edit: December 02, 2003, 03:34:34 pm by 1099 »
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Concerning the 'new' premature departure directives I reported, they're from the old campaign file, so I suspect you have fixed them in the new campaign file.  Sorry, didn't check for an update before I continued playing your campaign.

Offline Stunaep

• Thread Necrotech.... we bring the dead to life!
oh my dear god.

Blaise Russell, you simply rule.

I've played only the first 5 missions or so, but what I've seen is derelict quality. Great story, well-balanced missions, nothing groundbreaking, but still fun, good gameplay.

Hope the quality holds.
"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n
Bah. You're an admin, you've had practice at this spanking business. - Odyssey