Author Topic: Problems With Notable Ship Listing  (Read 1795 times)

Problems With Notable Ship Listing
I was doing some runs with Apocalypse to find out some things, and I noticed some of the ship listings are wrong in the wiki:

Disclaimer: The earlier runs are more accurate as I was actually playing (so times less than 5 mins are pretty "reasonable"), later I just set all the ships to invulnerable via cheating to see if they had any chance of making it out (whether they could make it without engine damage or risk of getting blown up), I was also running the mission in the simulator, which might affect the red alert status of the player and other ships making it a bit easier since a lot of ships start at higher then they might normally

I know some

1) GTFr IO is listed as sometimes making it out but I jumped out at the last possible second and it was still quite far away from the node and undamaged, I don't see how it could ever make it out

2) The Notus is listed as destroyed by the supernova shockwave but it makes it out in time, if the player can protect it from the shivans

3) GTC Templar and GTC Ertanax aren't destroyed by the shockwave, they have a "destroy before mission" tag in fred, I think its also possible for them to die in the previous mission

4) The GTC Malta however does not have a destroy before mission tag, and provided it survived from the previous mission it can make it out in time (if it gets out it slips by at like 5-6%, if someone coughs on this its dead), the malta's orders appear to be to head straight for the node and jump

5) The GVC Ptah-Nu is listed as destroyed by the shockwave but it can limp out of the node (like the malta its very unlikely), the Ptah-Nu's orders is to engage the three shivan cruisers then it has a lower priority order to head for the node. If the player eliminates the cruisers early enough and gives the Ptah-Nu cover vs the shivan bombers, the Ptah-Nu can make it

6) Going from the messages, it could be added that the Nephthys's name is inconsistent because command refers to it as the Iped.

7) If the GTM  Boerhaave wasn't bugged, it probably would not make it out judging by its entry position, it moves too slow

I thought this may be helpful. Also just for kicks I had the possible escape times if anyone wants them:
GTFr Miranda  10:37
GRFr Sophron  04:05
GTT Notus  09:55
GTSC Darwin  10:42
GTM Sydenham  11:52
GTM Herophilus 11:59
GTC Malta  04:48
GVFr Resheph 07:56
GVR Nephthys  04:01
GVFr Sesmu  08:03
GVFr  Duamutef  03:00
GVRr Har-Wer  03:17 - 07:25 (inconsistent times, it appears to crash into the Lemnos and get stuck sometimes)
GVFr Kebechet  03:36
GVFr Ennead  04:22
GVT Mihos  04:48
GVG Hez-Ur  06:11
GVC Ptah-Nu  10:01

Re: Problems With Notable Ship Listing
Thanks for your research, Dark. Correct any errors you see on the wiki. Personally I never looked into the FS2 shiplists so I can't offer comments.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
A lot of it depends on how the player runs things; for example the supernova's triggering is actually tied to the destruction of one of the Shivan cruisers, so if somebody leaves it disabled and disarmed sitting there then all of them could escape in theory.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

The list is being compiled I assume for somewhat cannon assessments on the status of ships, so I don't think unintented situations like that should be taken into effect. Even if the player doesn't attack the cruisers the other friendlies make short work of them, and the only way to stop that would be to ignore all units to ignore, which just wouldn't happen in a somewhat realistic situation. Bugs and exploits kind of negate cannon since they go against what was intended by the story writers.

Just like the Boerhaave should probably be listed as dead since it wouldn't make it out in time if it behaved normally.

I'm a bit too busy to edit the wiki in the immediate future, but I'll leave a note to check about it once exams are over. I'll fix it if someone hasn't gotten to it by then.