Author Topic: I'm on a tropical island  (Read 7977 times)

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
I'm on a tropical island
So what are you gonna do about it?!

[attachment deleted by admin]
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Re: I'm on a tropical island
Why is this posted on Freespace Conversion? :wtf: I guess I'm not getting the joke.

By the way, I don't like that picture. It reminds me of those tropical hurricanes I saw on the news and the Discovery Channel. :shaking:

EDIT: I'm sorry if this comment sounds a bit weird.

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
I was wondering if that is where you went...

Enjoy!
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline m!m

* m!m looks outside and sees ... 8 °C

I hate you for posting that pic! :mad:

;)

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Heh, I like winter anyway. :)

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Screw you and your Hawaii vacation. :|

At least I'm going to Universal Studios Orlando in July. Ha!
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Nuclear1

Despite a recent cold spell (and by cold spell, I mean between 55 and 65), the weather here in Nebraska has been, dare I say, warm and tolerable. :)
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
Whoa. There's still oil leaking from the hulk of the USS Arizona in Pearl Harbor, nearly 70 years later.

It's been contaminated with seawater so they never salvaged it, and trying to pump it out now would probably collapse part of the hull, so they're just leaving it there. Apparently there's over half a million gallons of oil left in there--at a rate of two quarts a day, it'll probably be leaking for a long, long time.

"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
So that's what the memorial looks like.

Ah, makes me think... my first-ever painted ship model was that of the Arizona.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
Here's another, taken from my phone. Sorry for the low quality.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
Sorry, road's closed.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 06:08:57 pm by Galemp »

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
I told you so.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
:lol:

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
That's the best part about Hawaii. You can have a volcanic eruption, but nobody panics.

Offline High Max

• Permanently banned
In that first picture with the frozen lava on the road, I see a white dot near the top of the black frozen lava that is probably that 'road closed' sign from far away.

Edit: I looked again and the mountain range lines up pretty accurately in both pics, so I'm pretty sure that dot is that sign. But it would have made more sense to put that sign at the bottom where the road ends from the solidified lava blockage.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 11:21:29 pm by High Max »
;-)   #.#   *_*   ^^   ^-^   ^_^

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
But it would have made more sense to put that sign at the bottom where the road ends from the solidified lava blockage.

Except the sign was put up after the 1990 lava flow, and the lava around it is from 2003. :shaking:

So anyway I'm back on the mainland now. See my Facebook page for pics.