Author Topic: Dimensional Eclipse Discussion Thread (original release thread)  (Read 153092 times)

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Re: RELEASE: 次元のエクリプス - Dimensional Eclipse
:blah:

Yes.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Man I don't even know what's going on with all of these announcements of announcements and fake-outs and such, but yay new campaign!

Offline Legate Damar

• Keeping up with the Cardassians
  • Hail Cardassia!
The name has changed? Now I might not play it. I feel apprehensive about playing a campaign that I cannot read the name of. What are these strange runes, some kind of obscure Terran dialect? I will have to consult the Obsidian Order for more information.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Since I'm still downloading quite slowly, I had enough time to wonder about the title:
Did you write eclipse in katakana for the looks? (If not: 日食 = Solar eclipse - nisshoku; 月食 = lunar eclipse - gesshoku)

And why did you end it with a "su" ス instead of a "se" セ ?

Because it refers to an eclipse of the dimensional variety, not a solar or lunar. Plus, it is a thing to put ENGLISH in titles, you know that! :P (so yes I guess it is for the looks)
Also, the terminal e is silent, thus I write as as I would write 'eclips', thus the "su" ス. Using "se" セ, would be right if it was pronounced "eclipseh". I certainly don't pronounce it that way.  :confused: do you?
Rikaichan agrees with me!
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
what the hell man! I downloaded the some of the stuff on ashen wings thread.

can I still use those ashen wings files and combine them with the new ones?...

wait, I'll try.
el hombre vicio...

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
The name has changed? Now I might not play it. I feel apprehensive about playing a campaign that I cannot read the name of. What are these strange runes, some kind of obscure Terran dialect? I will have to consult the Obsidian Order for more information.

What are you talking about? The name didn't change. There are four lights.  Heh, heh..

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Lies. There are five.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Legate Damar

• Hail Cardassia!
How are you aware of our secret interrogation methods? Is this the work of Section 31?  :nervous:

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Actually, having just done some research on that type of stuff, I can even give you a colloquial term for the method here on Terra:

Gaslighting:

Gaslighting is a form of psychological abuse in which false information is presented with the intent of making a victim doubt his or her own memory and perception. It may simply be the denial by an abuser that previous abusive incidents ever occurred, or it could be the staging of bizarre events by the abuser with the intention of disorienting the victim.
The term "gaslighting" comes from the play Gas Light and its film adaptations. In those works a character uses a variety of tricks to convince his spouse that she is crazy, so that she won't be believed when she reports strange things that are genuinely occurring, including the dimming of the gas lamps in the house (which happens when her husband turns on the normally unused gas lamps in the attic to conduct clandestine activities there). Since then, it has become a colloquial expression that is now also used in clinical and research literature.[1][2]

Etymology

The term derives from the 1938 stage play Gas Light (originally known as Angel Street in the United States), and the 1940 and 1944 film adaptations. The plot concerns a husband who attempts to convince his wife and others that she is insane by manipulating small elements of their environment, and insisting that she is mistaken or misremembering when she points out these changes. The title stems from the husband's subtle dimming of the house's gas lights, which she accurately notices and which the husband insists she's imagining.
The term "gaslighting" has been used colloquially since at least the late 1970s to describe efforts to manipulate someone's sense of reality. In a 1980 book on child sex abuse, Florence Rush summarized George Cukor's 1944 film version of Gas Light, and writes, "even today the word [gaslight] is used to describe an attempt to destroy another's perception of reality".[3]

Offline Legate Damar

• Hail Cardassia!
Ah, fascinating. Your culture had such potential before the advent of the feeble Federation.

Offline Alex Heartnet

• Loli with a hammer
    • Minecraft
Spoiler:
Okay, I have to admit, that last mission was awesome.  Who came up with the idea for the star wars-style trench run?

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Ah, fascinating. Your culture had such potential before the advent of the feeble Federation.

Please take your role playing...elsewhere.  ;)
maybe like here

Spoiler:
Okay, I have to admit, that last mission was awesome.  Who came up with the idea for the star wars-style trench run?

Spoiler:
I have to give mad props to Esarai for building the model like that. Even though he said it doesn't have trench run syndrome, it does, and it's awesome for it. Couldn't have done it without those subtleties he built into the model, with the lower turret density at the front, and the hangar tunnels and all.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter

Holy crap, dude. You're a Trekkie. We get it. Shut up with the Cardassian BS and type out normal ****.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
I found it amusing.  :nervous:  Of course, if it were up to me, newbies would still be getting the welcome speech + beam every time.

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist

You and WoulterSmits and HAZARDLEADER should start a club. :nod:

And I would pay real money just to see these derps interact.

R

Offline Legate Damar

• Hail Cardassia!
I am unfamiliar with that third name

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
Droid803 told me that if I aced the test in the beginning I would get an alternate campaign path that was "kind of stupid". So I did.

...what the **** is this ****?!

I can't even begin to describe it.
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
I couldn't figure out how to associate the blocks I was blowing up with the answers, so I just shot random ones.  :D

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
The questions on that exam were what are these I don't even

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
BTW, I keep crashing on the mission where you are going to the station to pick up your pay and get jumped by the Emperor-class carrier.  It's not the mission, it crashes in random spots (sometimes when the carrier jumps in, sometimes before) and it's crashed several times before this and I just restarted.  Except now it's not even giving me the error messages like everyone else was getting, it's just saying FS Open stopped working.

Are there any other builds I could use?  Where are the directions for compiling a nightly; I might try that instead.