Author Topic: Metirian's book. Ships of the line  (Read 9682 times)

Metirian's book. Ships of the line
Been working on this book for a really long time and since I liked Freespace so much, I thought I might as well post some pics here to see what people think.

The first one is Tsunami and it's a Juggernaut class starship for the Terran forces. It's also the most powerful ship in the GSA(Galactic Systems Alliance).

« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 04:29:00 pm by metirian »

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Re: Metirian's book. Terran ships of the line
Interesting design, GSA is a custom faction set in FS universe or something totally unrelated?
el hombre vicio...

Unrelated. Though some things do influence like the shivans are kind of like the big badguys in my book. The GSA is like the GTVA except the GSA don't keep secrets and does not have an intellegence branch like the Terran Assembly and Vasudan Navy.

If the Shivans fought the Terrans in my book, they would be on equal grounds in strengh of warships.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 01:23:24 pm by metirian »

Here are some pictures for the Terran's. The first picture is one of the main character's who is looking at a small patrol of a Revalance mk II Cruiser and a Saber fighter wing around the two homeworld's, of the Terran species. The two planets are called Terra Prime and Neo-Terra. The woman in the picture is named Syia. She is the secound leader of the Terran race.

The Secound picture is the Revalance mk I cruiser. The mark II crusier has more firepower and more armor and the mark I is less exspensive to Build. The wierd thing is that the speed of these two ships are roughly the same. They are the equals of the Fenris and the Leviathan in ship comparison. In a fight the GSA Cruisers would obliterate the GTVA Cruisers. I will give more information on the ships later to give a better idea of their capabilities.

And just to say, the size of Terran ships for the GSA are much bigger than the GTVA Terran ships.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 03:16:41 pm by metirian »

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
 Nice images! A tip though: Attachments are automatically deleted after a few days (I forgot the number.)
 You might want to get a more permanent host for those images and link to them with [img][/ img] (sans space after "/".)

know any good places for hosting?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Imgur

Thanks

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
And if you surround your links with [img]<your url here>[/img] tags, they're gonna get embedded on the site.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

ok i will try.

awsome it worked the first time. Thanks Again.

I wanted to have a class of ship that was sync with a A.I. So to say this ship is a living entity. This idea came from an anime show i enjoyed watching on toonami. This ship is Terran

« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 04:29:50 pm by metirian »

This is the only capital ship in the Terran arsenal that is not made to engage other capital ships. This is a gunboat with 15 turrets, all for the sake of killing fighters and bombers. The Aeulos of the GSA.

Will be Redrawn
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 10:41:51 pm by metirian »

My secound favorite ship i have drawn so far. This is one of 2 corvett classes in service of the Terran's. This ship has 34 turrets. Six of them made for killing capital ships. Though a corvette it has the fire power fo a heavy destroyer. Proudly named the Nemesis class, a Nemesis class ship demostrated its fire power against the Void. Engaging and destroying a Destroyer, Corvette, 6 enemy wings, and crippling 2 cruisers before having to retreat. I wanted an overpowerd ship that was basiclly the meaning of unstopable. This ship though incredible sadly has flaws. Number one it takes a very long time to build, up to two and a half years non stop. Number two. it takes oblivion crystals to power its engines, which are extremely rare to find. Lastly it has so many weapons that it has to shut down all off them to activate a subspace jump. Its jump charge even takes a while, thirty secounds, which for can be highly vulnerable.

i have like 8 different races that have ships to post. Should i make new topics for them or put them on this. Seeing how this is the terran line of ships topic i was thinking of making new ones for them.

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
Edit the topic's name. And remember, you can always edit your posts to add new stuff (such as images.)

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Re: Metirian's book. Ships of the line
All of them feel like gigantic ships, probably because of the amount of windows on the sides. Your warship designation is the same used in FS, as in: Cruisers being smallest of the capital ships, then going up to Corvettes, Destroyers and finally Jugs?
el hombre vicio...

The classes of Warships in the Terran armada are. GTGs Gunship, GTC Crusier, GTCv Corvette, GTD Destroyer, GTLD Living Destroyer, GTSB Star Behemoth, and finally GTJ Juggernaut.

As for the size of the ships, Terran Gunships are the size of the Auelos crusier, GSA Cruisers that belong to the Terrans are 15% bigger than the Diemos Corvette. The Terran Corvetts are 75% of the size of the Orion Destroyers. Terran Destroyer's and Living Destroyer's are 15% bigger than the Orion class Ships. Terran Star Behemoths are the size of the Collosus. And the Terran Juggurnaunts are 30% bigger than the Collosus.

Juggernaunt Class ships have only been built by the Terrans so far. And their is only one ship that is currently in the Star Behemoth class.
The human Race is currently constructing one. The size of the ship is the same as a Terran Corvette.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 10:48:21 am by metirian »

Been a while. Here is a new one. This time its from a different spices called the Mejerians (most likely will change that name). They are an all female race. they are the second most advance race in the GSA. However their numbers were drastically reduced by the Nei-la. All the men were wiped out in the war. It was thanks to the mauler's and the Terrans that they did not go extinct.

The celestial envoy was used by diplomats to help with relation ships with other species. However after the Nei-la invasion the last of these have been turned into cruisers. Desperate times call for desperate measure as the ships of peace are turned into a weapon against the remnants of the Nei-la and the ravaging Void.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 05:47:27 pm by metirian »

The ship today is a human cruiser class. have not thought up the name of this class so it's a no name for now. This ship was built after Humanity joined the GSA so its more fit to accommodate its new allies than previous older ships.

here is some new info for this ship. type: heavy carrier. class: hurricane class. crew: 1000 crew, 300 pilots. armor: classified. Weapons: Classified. Engine. 4 hyperspace electro magnetic plasma engines. top speed: 35 knots. Manufacture: Hein Space Frame industrial.
 HISTORY: Wait as more information will be reveled.

« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 09:00:03 pm by metirian »