Author Topic: ¡BATTUTAMOD! for Crysis 2!  (Read 17204 times)

Hjolnai and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
¡BATTUTAMOD! for Crysis 2!
Yo sup. I love replaying Crysis 2 because it's one of the best shooters ever made (yeah I mean it!) and it looks like a million bucks. But I got bored with the limited challenge and decided to make some Fury AI style modifications to the enemy behavior.

You can download it here. Stick it in the 'mods' folder in your Crysis 2 install folder.

Usually you can select mods via an in-game menu, but that hasn't been working for me, so I just made a shortcut to the Crysis 2 .exe with '-mod battutamod' on the end.

CHANGELOG

You obviously better play on Posthuman Warrior for this **** to be max challenging, but most of it will still work on lower difficulties.

NEW 2018 FEATURES
Ceph enemies use Armor, Cloak, and Speed modes.
Some CELL enemies wear Nanosuit 1.5A (as seen in multiplayer) and use Armor and Cloak modes.
Added the original Crysis SCAR as the SCAR-L.
Added slug and explosive rounds to the Marshall shotgun.
Added autofire to the NOVA pistol.

Removed the 'mercy rule': the AI will not stop shooting you for a few seconds when your health falls too low.
Health regeneration now kicks in after 25 seconds, not 5 seconds. You'll need to rely on your armor.
Slightly increased the power drain of moving fast while cloaked.
Vastly reduced the power cost of air slam, power kick, and power melee so you can actually use them.
Nerfed the 'deflection' armor perk from 25% damage reduction to 15%.
Increased the alertness and reaction time of the AI
The AI no longer fires in short bursts. As long as they have a clear shot, they'll fire until they have to reload.
CELL troopers got an armor upgrade: standard troopers were upgraded to armored trooper standard, and armored troopers got their bonuses increased by the same amount.
Ceph troopers' anti-cloak ping has a much larger AoE
Ceph troopers gain a ghetto speed mode that they use to zip between cover terrifyingly quickly
The railgun got a lot more ammo and can be refilled from ammo boxes because you only get to use it, like, twice and it's super fun
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 05:09:14 am by General Battuta »

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Re: ¡BATTUTAMOD! for Crysis 2!
You will know the mod is properly installed because the start screen will say "Press Battuta to Start"

Offline Darius

Buying Crysis 2 now because battuta.

This is a rad idea! I'm eying one of those lovely R480s so I geuss I know how I will inaugarate it now :D

The AI no longer fires in short bursts. As long as they have a clear shot, they'll fire until they have to reload.

Doesn't that make their guns spray all over the place?

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
I tried to start a Crysis 2 replay a couple weeks ago, but it keeps freezing and crashing about 5-10 min into playing.
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Doesn't that make their guns spray all over the place?

Nah, they're still quite accurate. I'm not sure how Crysis 2 recoil behaves exactly but the AI seems to manage it very well.

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
I've had this game in my Steam list for awhile, maybe I should finally play it. The story never grabbed me but I might as well give it another try.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Updated first post with plans for the next release.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
I've made a ton of progress - I can swap models, give combatants cloak and armor, really mess around with **** - but I can only get a lot of this working in the game editor. For some reason it won't load my modified archetypes into the game proper...

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
I've made a ton of progress - I can swap models, give combatants cloak and armor, really mess around with **** - but I can only get a lot of this working in the game editor. For some reason it won't load my modified archetypes into the game proper...

Seems to be a good tut' for the 'ttuta here, hope that's what you're looking for (3rd / 4th post specifically?).

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
No sry

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Still unable to crack the archetypes problem. Trying to get in touch with CryEngine support, but given that they're on CE5 and this is CE3, doubt I'll have any luck.

New version posted! Enjoy Ceph with speed mode and an enhanced railgun!

e: if I could crack the entity archetypes issue I would totally make this a hosted project
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 05:58:56 pm by General Battuta »

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
What I'm getting is that I really should play Crysis 2, since I have it.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed playing it and have replayed it a few times, but I don't share Batt's enthusiasm for Crysis 2.  I feel like it kindof destroyed what should have been an epic series started by Crysis and continued by Warhead.  With the exception of some consolitis, the gameplay is fun and in some ways improved over the originals, but I thought the story and writing were just awful.
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
The gameplay's certainly more restricted than Crysis 1/Warhead. I think of C1/Warhead as basically '****-around shooters', mini sandboxes, where you're given a toolset and you just run around doing cool ****. Can I kill all these koreans using only stray chickens.

C2 is one of my favorite 'flow shooters' ever. You perform a core combat loop over and over and over and the feel of that loop is just excellent. The game looks awesome and the core actions of using your guns, hitting enemies, and traversing terrain feel about thirty times better than Crysis 1, where you're more of a floating camera than a massive embodied soldier.

C2's writing and story are also, in my opinion, leagues and leagues beyond C1's. C1 is a popcorn summer blockbuster thriller with spectacular environments. C2 is a deeply cynical and metafictional exploration of an 'alien invasion' in which humans are basically rats and all the real action is going on between supersystems.

And with my mod the game is hard enough to really strain the tools you're given :D

Offline AdmiralRalwood

• The Cthulhu programmer himself!
    • Twitter
C2's writing and story are also, in my opinion, leagues and leagues beyond C1's. C1 is a popcorn summer blockbuster thriller, C2 is a deeply cynical and metafictional exploration of an 'alien invasion' in which humans are basically rats and all the real action is going on between supersystems.
Not to mention the novelization was done by Peter Watts.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Codethulhu GitHub wgah'nagl fhtagn.

schrödinbug (noun) - a bug that manifests itself in running software after a programmer notices that the code should never have worked in the first place.

When you gaze long into BMPMAN, BMPMAN also gazes into you.

"I am one of the best FREDders on Earth" -General Battuta

<Aesaar> literary criticism is vladimir putin

<MageKing17> "There's probably a reason the code is the way it is" is a very dangerous line of thought. :P
<MageKing17> Because the "reason" often turns out to be "nobody noticed it was wrong".
(the very next day)
<MageKing17> this ****ing code did it to me again
<MageKing17> "That doesn't really make sense to me, but I'll assume it was being done for a reason."
<MageKing17> **** ME
<MageKing17> THE REASON IS PEOPLE ARE STUPID
<MageKing17> ESPECIALLY ME

<MageKing17> God damn, I do not understand how this is breaking.
<MageKing17> Everything points to "this should work fine", and yet it's clearly not working.
<MjnMixael> 2 hours later... "God damn, how did this ever work at all?!"
(...)
<MageKing17> so
<MageKing17> more than two hours
<MageKing17> but once again we have reached the inevitable conclusion
<MageKing17> How did this code ever work in the first place!?

<@The_E> Welcome to OpenGL, where standards compliance is optional, and error reporting inconsistent

<MageKing17> It was all working perfectly until I actually tried it on an actual mission.

<IronWorks> I am useful for FSO stuff again. This is a red-letter day!
* z64555 erases "Thursday" and rewrites it in red ink

<MageKing17> TIL the entire homing code is held up by shoestrings and duct tape, basically.

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
Well, never played Crysis so C2 is a fresh experience for me regardless.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
I was a bit meh with subversion of the delta/marine/ranger (forgot which)
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
This thread inspired me to go back and play some Warhead, which I put hundreds of hours into back in the day, and I think it just feels too floaty and fiddly and not-quite-crisp to me. When you shoot a guy it feels like you're spitballing at him. Sound design issue maybe?

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
C2's writing and story are also, in my opinion, leagues and leagues beyond C1's. C1 is a popcorn summer blockbuster thriller, C2 is a deeply cynical and metafictional exploration of an 'alien invasion' in which humans are basically rats and all the real action is going on between supersystems.
Not to mention the novelization was done by Peter Watts.

And the games' story was done by Richard Morgan. The writing team on C2 was juuuuust right.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns