Author Topic: RELEASE: Sync  (Read 99584 times)

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
That was an old thingy. I took it out because I changed a bunch of stuff and it's no longer relevant.

ahhh ic...thanks for clearing that up

Offline Turnsky

• FOXFIRE Artisté
  • huh?.. Who?.. hey you kids, git off me lawn!
does anybody get that same error for that Chapter four, mission 13 one?...  it's kinda.... stopping me from continuing on with what is otherwise a good campaign
   //Warning\\
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
do not torment the sleep deprived artist, he may be vicious when cornered,
in case of emergency, administer caffeine to the artist,
he will become docile after that,
and less likely to stab you in the eye with a mechanical pencil
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page
my opinion on Sync is simply WTF...
i dont know what the **** is going on...and whats even worse FS sometimes crashes when i try to jump out...
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Offline neo_hermes

• MmmmmmNode!
  • What the hell are you lookin at?
Originally posted by Turnsky
does anybody get that same error for that Chapter four, mission 13 one?...  it's kinda.... stopping me from continuing on with what is otherwise a good campaign

i got the same error too Turnsky...
:( i want to finish the campaign...
« Last Edit: January 03, 2005, 05:54:05 am by 545 »
Hell has no fury like an0n...
killing threads is...well, what i do best.

Offline Turnsky

• FOXFIRE Artisté
  • huh?.. Who?.. hey you kids, git off me lawn!
at least i'm not the only one..
   //Warning\\
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
do not torment the sleep deprived artist, he may be vicious when cornered,
in case of emergency, administer caffeine to the artist,
he will become docile after that,
and less likely to stab you in the eye with a mechanical pencil
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline neo_hermes

• MmmmmmNode!
  • What the hell are you lookin at?
maybe that -mod thing works for this, too.
Hell has no fury like an0n...
killing threads is...well, what i do best.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
it always works for me, you try it.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

I get the same error like Turnsky, nobody with a solution out there, i really want to finish Sync!
Planet-Fiction.de - your Resource for SciFi-Games!

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
Okay, I've updated the link with an edited version of that mission. Not 100% sure if it's going to fix it though.

Edit: Just updated it again with a slightly extended ending.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2005, 07:17:50 pm by 1494 »

Thanks, that fixed it for me. At least i can continue with the second best campaign i ever played^^. (Best is Revenge - FC, at least in my personal taste :) )
Planet-Fiction.de - your Resource for SciFi-Games!

Offline DIO

There GOT to be a planned sequel to this right??
It would be a tortue to be ending here.

Spoiler:

What was those pirates stalking Alpha?
Why did they attacked GTCv Anchor?

What are those Vasudans?
Why did Ankhet attack 2 corvettes?

Where did carthage go?

What happened to the pilot of Farae?
What is that Isis transport?

Why Farae helped Shivans?

What was Sync?
How and who made it?

Why Dashor was destroyed?
Why did Demon attacked 3rd fleet HQ?
That shouldn't happened!
Is this campaign set in a parrallel universe?

Edit:
How do I use the spoiler tag?

Just click the edit button and see what I did to it - Karajorma
« Last Edit: February 04, 2005, 10:14:39 am by 340 »

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
Yep, there's a sequel planned. :)

You might want to put those things in spoiler tags though.

Offline Kie99

Spoiler tag is:
Spoiler:
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"

Offline Kie99

Did anyone else find this campaign a bit too easy?  I loved the storyline, completely unpredictable, but a few of the missions involved just remembering to jump at the right time.
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
Whiskey... Tango... Foxtrot... :)

Spoiler:

A well crafted, fun campaign. Kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time. There's nothing really wrong with story missions, IMO....

A couple of small nits. In the first mission, the enemy pirates and your own squadron are both flying Hercs. Since you can't lock on to the enemy craft, its hard to figure out whether you are engaging a friendly or enemy Herc. It would be nice to vary the craft type.

Some sort of plot device to explain the magically replenishing missiles in your ships would also be nice.

I only encountered one bug. In the mission where you are following the Ravana, I strayed to close to the Shivan vessel and was attacked by the Shivan fighters before they were supposed to. I killed the fighters, only to find that no more events would trigger, and I had to restart. Next time I just stayed close to the corvette, and the mission played normally.

Why do all the ships have the ugly Volition insignia on them? That also detracted from the otherwise great atmosphere.

Thanks for all the work. I look forward to the next installment. :)
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Offline KappaWing

• Lost in the nebula
Just finished. I encountered no bugs.
It was Awesome Awesome Awesome!!!
I, personally thought the ending was the coolest part!

Oh, and btw, how did you add your logo to the top of your navbar on your freewebs site???
« Last Edit: February 14, 2005, 03:25:18 pm by 2470 »
"Your efforts to interdict me have failed, papacy. Pentagon, engage propaganda drive."
"Now, Protestant scum, you will see the power of this fully armed and operational Papal Station!"

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
Glad you liked it (and that at least someone else liked the ending :)).

For the logo, go to the Site Manager and click on 'Edit Titles, Footer & Logo'. You can upload a logo there.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
Spoiler:
After reaching the forth/fifth mission I started to have a feeling that I have already played this campaign. I don't know how that Homesick campaign inspired you, or affected the developement of this campaign, but one thing is sure: THIS campaign is FAR better in an aspects than that so-called Homesick. The story twists were enough strange to make the storyline even more mysterious. The only problem with the plotline is that it's TOO long and the dialogues sometimes were nerve-wrecking, while waiting for something to happen.
As far as I know, I discovered a few spelling/typing mistakes, I don't know where, but I am sure there are a few.
As for bugs, I would say this campaign is too sensitive if something happens that you had not taken into account while FREDing/testing. One such bug is when you find that container in the fog and the Vasudan transport docks with it. I destroyed the cargo intentionally, just to see what would happen. Nothing happened, I only remained flying circles around, waiting for anything to happen, which did not happen. I could also break the missions by manipulating ships with Player Orders. Next time you FRED a mission, disable Player Orders for all ships/wings which are supposed to do a 'scripted action'.
Overally, the campaign was not bad at all, but now and then it can become extremely boring, because of its length and the number of dialogues.
Despite the bugs I noticed, this campaign is still seven times better than that overrated Homesick.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.