Author Topic: What are you working on?  (Read 308961 times)

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Re: What are you working on?

LODs, debris, shield icon and she is all yours :D
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

This really fits the GTI/Hades theme nicely. I'll bet there will be several campaign designers whi will thank you for your work. :)

Offline HLD_Prophecy

• PVD_Hope in a former life
@Nyctaeus: Sounds cool, lots of space stuff!  :) Would like to see what you've done if those games are ever released.

Here's a question: Were I to give you a bunch of scans showing a very geometrically simple ship from a comic book, would you be willing to try your hand at recreating it for me? Or would you not know unless you saw it?

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
So far I started two big projects... And I finished two big projects :)

As for the ship, with less amount of work for some projects around here and outside this place, I would certainly be willing to. Sadly I cannot afford to make ships just only for fun. If you want to submit a request, check my request thread, familiarize with rules and see if you count.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline HLD_Prophecy

Aha, I see. This would be a very much non-essential ship that I might or might not ever use in a mod, so yeah. I'll leave you to stuff that's actually important for in-progress mods.  :yes:

Maybe if I ever seriously plan to use it I'll get back to you about that. It really is a very simple/cartoonish ship, so textures/detailing would be minimal.

Offline Deora11

My current little project to which I'm dedicated to complete. Currently have half of it UV mapped, and the light rig is almost complete. None of it is present in this fact sheet, but its just a little tangent I thought was kinda cool.

Offline Wet Orange Ostrich Toilet

• Worst Modder HLP has ever seen
Currently trying to rebuild all of my previous models and textures because a Windows 10 update went awry, and the only way of fixing it is to basically format the entire drive and I forgot to backup any of my models/textures/whatever. So it's gone. All of it. 

Boy I sure am excited to start from zero.
"I thought the Medal Display thingy was a baking tray!"

Have you tried a restore program like Recuva? It helped me a while ago to get my data back after some serious HDD crash...

Except the drives are fine, but it's with Windows itself where the problem lies.

I don't know, apparently some of the data is still there after restoration, but the "some" wasn't specific. I have a small drive where Windows resides and a bigger one where most of my files are. Maybe they will remain untouched. I'll find out later when all is done.

Good luck ;)

You haven't reformatted yet, have you? I once had a windows update screw up my computer, so I accessed my files using an operating system on a flash drive (I used Ubuntu). Then I backed up my files and reformatted my computer.

That was Windows XP, so I don't know if it can still be done with Windows 10.

Problem's fixed now, and it was only the small drive (containing only my modeling and texturing programs) that was wiped. The bigger one with the files themselves is untouched, so thankfully the only thing I lost was an unfinished capship model in Blender.

Offline HLD_Prophecy

Problem's fixed now, and it was only the small drive (containing only my modeling and texturing programs) that was wiped. The bigger one with the files themselves is untouched, so thankfully the only thing I lost was an unfinished capship model in Blender.

Great, glad to hear it!

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile

...and the last request for Starwolf's mysterious project.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Ooh!  Another legacy of the old Inferno R2 that never saw the light of day... the campaign I mean... the model was released in a dump.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Nice.
I actually saw that mesh and though of re-working it myself. You beat me to it. Not that I mind given what a great job you did
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile

:D

What's it going to be? Looks like a small cruiser/gunship to me :=)

The original GTC Bellerophon was about 350m, bit larger than Fenris; dunno if it's still that size, for I almost didn't recognize it as good as it looks now...  :)

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
The original GTC Bellerophon was about 350m, bit larger than Fenris; dunno if it's still that size, for I almost didn't recognize it as good as it looks now...  :)
And it's still a cruiser. In the project it's gonna be used, it's light cruiser of one of Post-GW terran factions in Sol, so it's gonna be a little bit smaller. 280m is enough for a ship for it's type.

She is not random kitabash like rest of stuff I made for this mod, so she is gonna be released.