Author Topic: World of Warships - Now Available  (Read 279705 times)

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Re: World of Warships - Now Available
Wuv the Omaha.

el hombre vicio...

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
So myself and a Mogami both received High Cals.  Yeah, the IJN CAs pulled their weight.

“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline crizza

That BB freaked me out, but I got him good in the end :D
Ne screen, but I killed another BBi with a single salvo of my NewMex... four citadels in a row.

[attachment DELETED!! by Strong Bad]

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
How are so many people getting to high tiers with their engine order telegraph stuck on All Back Astern the whole match? 

Offline Melon

• Steam
Because intelligence is not a prerequisite for unlocking the next tier in World of Warships. :)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 04:04:11 pm by Melon »
The difference between genius and insanity is measured only by success.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Because live servers, that's why.

Anyone tried or had the Mikasa? is it any good?
el hombre vicio...

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Its just Tier IX and VIII is such a long ass grind to not have figured out how to conn your boat.  I suppose CBT must have skewed my expectations, lord knows there are plenty of bads in WoT driving E100s and IS7s.  Not that I am complaining, Tin Cans do revel in punishing stupid.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.

It hasn't been released NA yet, for reasons that they won't tell us.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Mikasa? Heck...

I want Tone Po!

Gimme Tone Po!!

Anyway while it wasn't a high damage game (It looked promising until I looked at the minimap and used my brain), I managed to keep the cap reset against a Cleveland, Penny and Myoko with the OpFor CV providing air support for half the damn match while the massive lemming train that was my team finally managed to cap the OpFor zone.  Not bad Hatsuhara not bad at all.

Offline Gray

It hasn't been released NA yet, for reasons that they won't tell us.

It seems, that ship is so bad and caused a ****storm, so they decided to not sell it for a long while...if ever again.
I'd still like to add it to my collection, as well as the Marblehead which wasn't on sale on EU yet and the Tirpitz.

Maybe someday...

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
I'm about to finish the grind on the Fuso and I decided not to progress any further. So that captain is... useless let's say.
I wanna stick it into a prem to make credits, but there's not much of an offer in terms of prem ships available and I'm not sold on the ishizuchi.
el hombre vicio...

Y'all here are making me real jealous of your XP gain. 5k? Even 10k? I was ecstatic to get 9k on a 2x game running the XP boost signal flag... think I had invite premium going too. Any tips for a budding Tier 3 driver? I was working up the battleship line but I'm switching over to destroyers (maybe cruisers? God, the St. Louis is so slow) until the current issues with AP get worked out.

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
WG was running a special Halloween camo that boosted xp gain, which I abused to maximum effect with Equal Speed Charlie London signals in order to unlock and kit out a few ships I wanted. 

I think cruisers are solid generalist lines to start out on, everything that cruisers can teach will carry over to the other classes.  The IJN starts with DD esq CLs up to Tier IV.  They get accurate 203mm guns starting at Tier V and hulls that demand good ship handling to survive.  Aoba, Myōkō, Mogami, Senjo Zao are all powerful platforms when skippered well.  You can learn a lot of important skills like proper aiming, correct ammo usage and protecting your citadel via angling with the IJN CA line.  The USN has fun rugged CLs like the Omaha and Cleveland to derp around and spam 155mm before switching over to 203s at Tier VII.  The play style swap can be a jarring transition for a lot of players if they don't have experience in the IJN line. The Germans are pretty mediocre/terribad at Tier III and IV.  They get accurate high rate of fire 150mms on paper mache hulls for Tier V and VI, these are fun support ships but not forgiving if you slip up.

Offline Melon

• Steam
"Rugged" isn't the word that comes to mind (for me, at least) when I think of the Omaha's durability. I usually think "free citadels" when looking at one.
The difference between genius and insanity is measured only by success.

Cheers, Starslayer, thanks for the tips. I wish I'd played a bit more over the special, but I only just discovered the game during that special and didn't have Camo unlocked yet.

My time in cruisers so far has been pretty frustrating, between the slow St. Louis and the floating zippo lighter Tenryu, but I'll keep at it. I think I do prefer IJN CAs so far because of the torpedoes. They're just about the only way I can ever deal with an enemy St. Louis. Also, the Tenryu's got enough speed to competently play objectives. Just lost a game but still got 1k XP for two base captures and a couple kills. Including a snapshot single shell detonation on a Chester. God, this game can be crazy.

Playing the objective in general is much more valuable for XP gain right now, so the St. Louis is getting neglected for a little bit.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
St Louis is a beast, you just need to play it to it's strengths.
-Use choke points.
-Follow the team.
-Do not deviate.
-Avoid changing goals mid-way through.
-Burn those dd's up!

Play it as you'd play a slow BB.
el hombre vicio...

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Saint Louis is basically the best Tier 3 BB.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Gray

Saint Louis is basically the best Tier 3 BB.

...and with the update that "fixed" the armour/ penetration, you can Citadel BBs with 127mm Guns and shred them to bits...if you can get close enough.
And the St. luis with her huge amount of Guns becomes the BB killer.

Too bad, most players switched to CLs till the DEVs fix the fix, you can barely find BBs in higher Tiers... ^^

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Just be sure to keep varying speed and direction like you would a BB.  St. Louis is pokey enough that I consider it a valid target for fish if I'm running a Tin Can. 

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
How's that? what fix?
Is there a problem with cruiser AP and BB armor?
el hombre vicio...