Author Topic: MediaVPs 3.8 Discussion Thread  (Read 41629 times)

Re: MediaVPs 3.8 Discussion Thread
I've managed to find some Normal maps for retail textures which are missing in the current MVP; most of them were once part of the INF modpack. Also included are the high-res Navbouy-maps that were part of the retail map set but aren't present at all in the current MVPs. I think there are a couple mods using/could use them, not entirely sure though.

Also I've noticed that the Hippocrates maps are present as DDS and PNGs, the PNG ones can probably be deleted.

Edit: Forgot the glowmap for Navbouy2

[attachment stolen by Russian hackers]
« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 02:52:27 pm by Nightmare »

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
Cool, well done. Will these be incorporated into the next MVP release?
Wanna check out my video games, technology and media website? If so, visit; https://www.nomadsreviews.co.uk/

Interested in hiring my freelance writing, proof-reading, editing, SEO, TTSO, Web Development or Social Media Management services? If so, please messege me at [email protected]

Offline Det. Bullock

• Madman in a box.
I've been reinstalling FS_Open using Knossos (my old folder was a mess) but MV_Music and MV_RadarIcons don't pass the integrity verification and I've re-donwloaded them multiple times.
"I pity the poor shades confined to the euclidean prison that is sanity." - Grant Morrison
"People assume  that time is a strict progression of cause to effect,  but *actually*  from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more  like a big ball  of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff." - The Doctor

Offline ngld

• Administrator
  • Knossos dev
That might be partially my fault. It's a Knossos / Nebula bug. Your mod installation is fine. I'll hopefully be able to resolve this (and a bunch of similar issues) during the next few weeks.

Offline MrxPL

Hi, I have a question: I've just installed Knossos on a fresh PC, installed FS2 from GOG package and downloaded MediaVPs 3.8 as shown here: (all downloaded without any errors)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/meaaunqpif8qluv/Screenshot%202019-02-21%2022.33.38.png?raw=1

The problem is when I play FS2 using this version i have some bugs like: (I only played the 1st mission, skipping training)

- some ships not showing (Deimos for example - only it's engines are visible
- the display on the bottom left showing targeted ship not displaying anything no matter what I target
- no warpout animation

and maybe more...

I've downloaded another campaign (Aeos Affair) which uses MediaVPs 2014 and with it everything looks okay.

Offline ngld

• Administrator
  • Knossos dev
Please post your fs2_open.log file.  Instructions on how to do this can be found in this post.

I'm going to guess that it's due to the fact that the newer MediaVPs require nightlies which still have bugs on AMD cards.

Offline MrxPL

Hi, there's an error when I click on upload log in Knossos, something about my interenet connection, weird...

Anyway I uploaded it here: https://my.mixtape.moe/rngsjj.log

I have AMD GPU indeed