Author Topic: SH Gargant?  (Read 138633 times)

From what I've seen that would still take hours if not days or even weeks to stop. :P What was that screenshot with the modified Icanus's cannon, firing 14 USilvs at once and it still only did 1% hull damage?

Two weeks to destroy. One week to explode.
I hit the Vorlon Planet Killer with about 12 or so battlecrabs once. I think it took and hour to destroy and several hours to finish blowing up. By that time the debris was about umpteen billion km away  :lol:
'yo my domestic skillets, who put swarm torpedoes on the Tev bombers?'
~Nighteyes

Offline High Max

• Permanently banned
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 02:07:08 am by High Max »
;-)   #.#   *_*   ^^   ^-^   ^_^

It's kinda funny that the Gargant is probably Inferno's most well know ship, yet no one has a clear picture and is willing to show us. oh well, minor complaint. But I also seem to remember that thread saying there were more than 2.
~Nighteyes

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Inappropriately huge ship is huge. :P

Offline High Max

• Permanently banned
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 02:07:23 am by High Max »

Inappropriately huge doesn't even begin to cover it. That should be illegal! The Icanus if already frickin' huge, and it looks like a lego block compared to a house.

:jaw:
~Nighteyes

Offline High Max

• Permanently banned
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 02:07:36 am by High Max »

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
or maybe because it might not work in the story they have planned now.
Well the chapter it was for doesn't exist anymore...

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils

By the way, the Icanus is not using its Usilver in that pic. The Punisher cannon is on the front of the Icanus and it uses the Usilver, so I know its not multiple Punisher beams coming from the Icanus since its the side that its coming from. Also, the Icanus only has one Punisher cannon....
The extremely large beam impacts seem to suggest otherwise, last I remember someone said they changed the table of the USilv to have no refire delay.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
That test was done using a fire-beam sexp with no delay on it and 9999 repeats. The real beam wouldn't fire that fast.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
That test was done using a fire-beam sexp with no delay on it and 9999 repeats. The real beam wouldn't fire that fast.

So ... at the time of the above screenshots, how many times had it fired? About 2280 (38 seconds multiplied by 60 frames per second) times?
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
The Icanus needs the Giga Drill Breaker. After that point, the Shivans are of no concern...  :D
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Or a subspace rift weapon...but that might not agree with Earth if you know what I mean  :p
~Nighteyes

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
The Icanus needs the Giga Drill Breaker. After that point, the Shivans are of no concern...  :D

Or the Shining Finger, whichever one's more awesome. ;)
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Nuclear1

Inappropriately huge ship is huge. :P

Dude, it's Inferno, that's the unofficial slogan. :p

Although I also like:

Inferno:  That might break something though.

Inferno:  A good excuse to kill your CPU.

Inferno:  GIANT SQUID!!
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
Inferno:  GIANT SQUID!!

Giant Squid? How is that related to INF?

Offline Nuclear1

It was from a couple pages back, someone couldn't remember how to spell one of the Shivan ships with a long V-name, so he just called it the GIANT SQUID!! or GIANT SPIDER!! or something like that.

I just thought it sums up Inferno Shivans quite well :p
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
It was from a couple pages back, someone couldn't remember how to spell one of the Shivan ships with a long V-name, so he just called it the GIANT SQUID!! or GIANT SPIDER!! or something like that.

I just thought it sums up Inferno Shivans quite well :p

Nah, not really. Unless you're talking of the INFR1 Shivans :P