Author Topic: TBP on Linux/MacOSX  (Read 254112 times)

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Please go ahead and try. But AFAIK the PS3 doesn't allow you (when using Linux) direct access to the hardware, so no hardware acceleration for OGL.

EDIT: From http://moss.csc.ncsu.edu/~mueller/cluster/ps3/doc/LinuxKernelOverview.html

PS3 has a powerful graphic processing unit with high speed host connection. The GPU is connected to both HDMI and AV multi interface. Although the GPU is connected directly to CBE, no direct access by guest OSes to the GPU is allowed currently.

Currently X server uses virtual frame buffer to render its image. No hardware acceleration is supported under Linux. See the description above section.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 12:47:16 pm by Col. Fishguts »
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline Inquisitor

Let us know what happens when you try it. I suspect it will implode, a gfreat deal of work would have been required to get it to work on the ps2 linux kit, so much that the people who tried kinda gave up.

Even if you get a failure, it might be cool to post the results in the SCP forum.

No signature.

I ordered a retail version from Terra soft since I do not have a dvd burner.  It all costs about the same.  Will let you know what happens. nice link Col. Fishguts
« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 03:58:06 pm by PSI-KILLER »

Guys did you work out any alternate hosting sites for these versions?  The ones on the first page are down.

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Guys did you work out any alternate hosting sites for these versions?  The ones on the first page are down.

They're not down, but the daily bandwidth limit has been decreased to 1 GB, so just try again later (they're working for me right now)

I'm still looking for alternate hosting.
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Finally found some additional webspace, added mirror for the base package. Try downloading from the mirror first, since it has no daily bandwidth limit.

EDIT: Can somebody post here to verify that the main download mirror is working (and not just for me) ?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2007, 04:51:52 am by Col. Fishguts »

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
the 3.3 package?

- ran the dl a couple of minutes.. it appears to work
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Re: TBP on Linux/MacOSX
Yeh it downloaded for me,,, now just trying to get it to work in Yellow Dog thats a whole different bag of potatos.

3.3a runs out of the box on elive 1.0 Gem with the precompiled binarys, at least on this system.

I just wish I had a graphics card that would actually do the game justice.

--edit--

Scratch the above, just got this whilst using Raiderwars....

First off, was on the snatch and grab level, as soon as I entered I was destroyed, asteroid explosions, didn't matter how fast I moved or what direction, I was dead, so I skipped it... only to be thrown out of the game and be greeted by this:

ERROR: "Unrecognized operator.  In sexpression: ( when     ( has-arrived-delay 0 "Gold" )     ( do-nothing )     ( add-goal        "Alpha"        ( ai-guard "Pods A" 50 )     )    ( add-goal        "Alpha"        ( ai-guard "Pods B" 50 )     )  " at mission/missionparse.cpp:5318

And thus I am stuck. Any recomendations on how to get around this?

Again, this is all with the packages on the first page of this thread
« Last Edit: July 21, 2007, 08:16:14 pm by the_leander »

Offline kroddn

The game runs fine on Debian Sarge (old 3.1)

I wish i had a joystick...

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Use the new versions.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline tracker

Hello

I wanted to tested the final version 3.4 but I've this error

ERROR: "additional-shp.tbm(line 81: Error: Required token = [#End], [$Subsystem:] or [$Name], found [$Thruster02 Length factor:     0]." at parse/parselo.cpp:673

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
are you using the Inferno build?
'cause the tbm is alrigh and the should be no phrasing bug as such
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline tracker

ok
I've recompiled fs2_open_r with this command

./autogen.sh  --enable-inferno

Now I've this error : Unrecognized command line parameter "-jpgtga".  Exiting...

under my run_fs2 I've this:

#!/bin/bash
cd /The Babylon Project
./fs2_open_r -spec -glow -mipmap -orbradar

Offline tracker

OK I've found, under the "cmdline_fso.cfg"

I've deleted -jpgtga and the game work fine :).

I remember that "karajorma " had me say one days about the option jpgtga was now in "fs2_open_r 3.6.9"

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Yeah we removed it. It was rather silly and causing all kinds of silly problems by letting people turn off textures and then finding certain ships were invisible.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

This version: http://fs2source.warpcore.org/exes/linux/fs2_open-3.6.9.run with the non install 3.4 final package works just fine on Elive 1.0 Gem.

Only slight glitches I get are with hyperspace levels on restart on one of the smaller campaigns but simply going back to flight deck and going again gets around this, otherwise hyperspace shows up as a white splodge.

Tbh I think that that is more a graphical glitch on my part then anything else.

Offline tracker

Thank you

Can you creat an other archive for linux because B5 V 3.4 is a .msi or .exe I think a .gz or .rar is better no?

Thank you

Can you creat an other archive for linux because B5 V 3.4 is a .msi or .exe I think a .gz or .rar is better no?

Create? I should imagine so, it doesn't appear too hard to create one of those .run packages, that said, uploading the damned thing could be a chore....

Or, you could download This and use the run package I pointed to previously, just dragging everything that doesn't have .exe at the end into the fs2_open folder, which is what I did....
« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 04:50:58 pm by the_leander »

Offline tracker

I've created an extractable archive for linux user , of Babylon Project Finale
I've deleted all .dll and .exe
I've include Drum of War2

You can Download It here : http://dl.free.fr/ams1ec0ku/B5-Final.sh or http://toofile.com/fr/oip/documents/rar/b5-finalsh.html

A folder TheBabylonProject was created were B5-Final.sh is.