Author Topic: Background collection  (Read 3977 times)

Offline LeGuille

• Formerly known as Rejindo
  • I made a box for you! Now, think outside of it.
Background collection
Maybe we should start a thread for a TBP background collection thread. People will post them, and the mods could compile them for easy searching. Have people drop thier versions of Epsilon III, Minbar, Sol, various places from the show and Crusades or imaginary ones. Could be neat, as you could download the mission file and build on it, like a template. Think of how much faster campaigners could work having that.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 06:19:42 pm by FUBAR-BDHR »
4 "Beware of the truth.... Although much sought after, truth can be dangerous to the seeker." -- God-Emperor Leto II, God Emperor of Dune

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
I've thought about starting a list for quite awhile now.  All it takes to put them in the mission is notepad (or any other text editor) and a simple cut and paste.  Of course it would be strictly voluntary to submit your background.  Anyone using the background would be required to give credit at least in the mission specs/description.   I'll get right on that as soon as I finish the 20 other things that all hit in the last 2 weeks.   :lol:
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Re: Background collection
Well then I start with an good example:

The Backgrounds of Drums of War I & II:
Quadrant 24 (Narn Space)
Quadrant 32 (Centauri Space)
T'Ilin - System (Narn Space)

Note that if not removed the planets visible in the mission I took the BGs from...

ps. I'll come around with other BGs when I release finished missions/campaigns ;) (eg. Kanton- and/or Sirius-System)

[attachment deleted by Tolwyn]
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline Skullar

downloaded.

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
I got lots. You can also see a lot of them in Multi. For example if you are looking for:

- Za' ha' dum
- Orion system (not Orion 7 but Orion 9, 7 is barely visible in the background. Skullar could modify it  :))
- Sol (both Mars and Io Transfer Point. )
- Regula system
- Beta 7
- Hidden (one of my own)
- Liberty Port system (one of my own)
- Zagros system (twice, different positions in the system)
- Proxima 3
- Epsilon 3 aka B5(however this will probably be replaced with Skullar's version)
- Gorash 7
- Jerchio system (twice)
- Ventauri 3 (before and after Vorlon Planet Killer's visit ;7)

... I made them already and you can use them on the conditions posted in my sig.

lots and lots of cool looking systems that we see in the show but don't get to know their name (sometimes I came up with one, sometimes I declared it to be a canon system like the Dross system f. e.) as well as more systems made up by me. And various (dark) places on the Rim.

I throw a package together when I have the time.

By the way, Guille: Good idea! I always disliked that the same system looked completely different in different campaigns (why the hell didn't MAG use IP's Altair in his EBW campaign?)
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
We could probably put the background somewhere on the homepage.  We're not talking about big files or lots of downloads. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline emi_100

• www.artstation.com/emimartinez
- Za' ha' dum
- Orion system (not Orion 7 but Orion 9, 7 is barely visible in the background. Skullar could modify it  :))
- Sol (both Mars and Io Transfer Point. )
- Regula system
- Beta 7
- Hidden (one of my own)
- Liberty Port system (one of my own)
- Zagros system (twice, different positions in the system)
- Proxima 3
- Epsilon 3 aka B5(however this will probably be replaced with Skullar's version)
- Gorash 7
- Jerchio system (twice)
- Ventauri 3 (before and after Vorlon Planet Killer's visit ;7)
My "battle at.." campaign is base on systems/hyperspce navigation and exploration.
I'm making all the background of the show as I can, but this take me forever
Could I use those background that you created Vidmaster?  :)
DEDICATED TO ALL THE
PEOPLE WHO PREDICTED
THAT THE BABYLON
PROJECT WOULD FAIL IN
IT'S MISSION.

-------FAITH MANAGES------
  • Normal Maps for -The Babylon Project-
  • "Battle at ..." (Campaign) You can't choose when, but you will choose where... and you will fight! GO NOW!
  • "One Mistake" (Third Space Campaign)
  • "Each Night I Dream of Home" (Crusade Single Mision)

Offline Vidmaster

I would actually prefer when you do. The same systems shouldn't look different in every campaign.

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline LeGuille

I hereby declare this the

"Arbitration of Quadrants, Universes, and Interstellar Nebulae Archetype Standardizations"
 *scaled down by Moderator*

Or better referred to as AQUINAS. (I love that guy. Has nothing to do with space!)

AQUINAS is a way for TBP to standardize campaigns. :) We can go to the same place in different campaigns, and not feel disoriented. The ships should be different, not Babylon 5!
« Last Edit: October 23, 2008, 02:27:45 pm by Vidmaster »
4 "Beware of the truth.... Although much sought after, truth can be dangerous to the seeker." -- God-Emperor Leto II, God Emperor of Dune

Offline Skullar

to be VERY precise, the setting can still vary, but within a system
- the SUN and the nebulae have to be identical
- PLANETS can vary ( type and position )

Offline Vidmaster

lets keep this clear:

this is voluntary

nobody will force you to use other peoples backgrounds!

Offline LeGuille

I am going to start making backgrounds for various systems. I read alot on systems via the Interstellar Database (sig). I'll see where it goes :)

Offline Vidmaster

thrown some of mine into that .rar and uploaded it here.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YES85VBV

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Downloaded that pack.  I'm going to try to put it up on the webpage but I'd like to do it something like the screenshot gallery.  So if anyone has a screenshot  they would like to use for their background either send me a link or email it to me. 

Offline emi_100

• www.artstation.com/emimartinez
thrown some of mine into that .rar and uploaded it here.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YES85VBV
Great! :D This will help me a lot.
Can I use and modify it for my campaign? I put you on the Credits of course  :)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 01:06:22 pm by emi_100 »
DEDICATED TO ALL THE
PEOPLE WHO PREDICTED
THAT THE BABYLON
PROJECT WOULD FAIL IN
IT'S MISSION.

-------FAITH MANAGES------
  • Normal Maps for -The Babylon Project-
  • "Battle at ..." (Campaign) You can't choose when, but you will choose where... and you will fight! GO NOW!
  • "One Mistake" (Third Space Campaign)
  • "Each Night I Dream of Home" (Crusade Single Mision)

Offline Vidmaster

you can use it for your campaign if you agree to the conditions in my signature.
This basicly means, that you may not use for example an Ekalta System Background as a different system than the Ekalta System  :). Or start screwing up things, like claiming things that are entirely different in my campaign's fiction (for example saying Ekalta is owned by the Earth Alliance.) Got it?.

Otherwise, yes you may use those backgrounds. Otherwise, you could ask why I uploaded those in the first place  :lol:

But again, please keep in mind that all of these backgrounds have already been used in my campaigns (I never make backgrounds just for fun ;)), so don't screw things up.

Offline Skullar

Well.... backgrounds change with the time being.

Season 2's backgrounds for Epsilon 3 look different than the ones from season 3 ( which I favor ), and Lost tales still look somewhat ugly, i mean different.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Well I finally got the page made.  So far I only have Vid's background up but I will be starting to add others hopefully tonight. 

http://babylon.hard-light.net/backgrounds.php

Everything that was submitted is now in there with the exception of Quadrant 32.  The planet it uses has a bad Alpha channel resulting in a black box around it.  So much for p_gas7. 

« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 12:27:23 am by FUBAR-BDHR »