Author Topic: Chronological Order of Campaigns  (Read 5396 times)

Chronological Order of Campaigns
Greetings!

I am very new to the Babylon Project, having discovered it for myself last week.  I was getting ready to put FS2 back on and ran across Babylon.  As a long-Time fan of both B5 and FS2, I was thrilled!

The dvd instaled and the program runs no problem.  I did the pilot training and was directed to play a certain campaign next.  I saw the Brikiri in there, and figured that would be one of the fisrt to play, but not the one the training scenario stated.  I know it probably doesn't matter much, but I was interested to find out about how the campaigns should be run to simulate the real time in the B5 universe.  I'm sure I'll dig out more info as I go, but I thought some of the vets could help me out.

Babylon Project Team:  KUDOS!!  The little bit I've seen so far is just fabulous,  I'll be playing this for a long time, I'm sure.

Re: Chronological Order of Campaigns
I'm kinda new around too, but having played a great deal of the campaigns so far, there's not so much a chronological order. Some campaigns take place in alternate timelines and the ones that stay canon to the B5 story are not connectied with eachother. BTW you'd better check this thread and install the Zathras mod, some stuff wont play without it.

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=64799.0

Other than that welcome aboard :D
AN S&M VERSION OF STAR TREK: BEAT ME UP SCOTTY!

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
There is a recommended play order however  ;)

Start with

ACHEN SCHOOLING FLIGHT followed by RAIDER WARS. After you have beaten those two, you should be ready for the more difficult campaigns. I would recommend Earth-Minbari-War Demo next, as well as my own campaigns obviously  :lol:
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline -Norbert-

Storywise Earth-Minbari-War demo comes before every other campaign (unless you count the Minbari Project into TBP).
The next would be the first part of Fortune Hunters, followed by Raiderwars (this one plays during the late 2nd and early 3rd season I think -> Narn-Centauri war) and then back to the Fortune Hunters 2 (or rather 2260).

Dark Children should be around the end of 3rd season (last month' of 2260).

About Drums of War I'm unsure, since it's a bit since I played that one. But if I remember correctly it plays after the Centauri occupation and that would put it in the early 4th seasen, or the year 2261.

The last one I remember would then be Fortune Hunters 2261.

Earth-Braiki war is a parallel universe story so to say, so it shouldn't matter when you play that one.
When the Black Hand plays I really have no idea, same goes for Infesation.

And the latest two mini-campaigns, I didn't play yet.

I hope I didn't forget any campaigns, due to being unable to play much FS2/TBP for so long.

Thanks to all, especially Norbert    ;)             Speedy posts around here.  I like it. 

I've been poking around a bit, there sure is a lot of information to absorb.  Time for a flight break   :)

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
Dark Children should be around the end of 3rd season (last month' of 2260).

not entirely correct. Dark Children takes place during 2259 to August of 2260. But it's not a story-driven or even good campaign, it's a design test for the slow motion feature.
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline -Norbert-

I got to rewatch B5 again. I really thought that the first clash between the Vorlons and Shadows happened very shortely before the end of the 3rd season, which would have put it later than August...
But then I always could remember the quotes much better than the dates ;)

I got to rewatch B5 again. I really thought that the first clash between the Vorlons and Shadows happened very shortely before the end of the 3rd season, which would have put it later than August...
But then I always could remember the quotes much better than the dates ;)

I think you're pretty close, maybe a bit earlier.  I remember that one I think, Sheridan needed a victory against the Shadows to get help from the League, Kosh provided it and was killed by Morden and his critters.

Offline -Norbert-

I was deliberately avoiding saying that (or the relation between that battle and dark children) to avoid spoiling things for you... which apperently wasn't neccesary it seems :lol:
"...but there is a prize. I will not be there when you go to Za'ha'dum."
"You said if I go to Za'ha'dum I will die."
"Yes.... now..."
"Allright! If that's the prize, then I'll pay it!"
"You do not understand.... But you will."

As I said, I'm better at remembering quotes than remembering dates  :lol: